You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MikeDSp

Staliningrda Class

55 comments in this topic

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles

I am rather excited to get the Stalingrad class but I do not like how they are isolating the fact the ship can only be earned by clan battles only this is wrong, there may be missions for it like they did the Yamato but that is also wrong as the company will auto ban any Co-Op player from ever having and or receiving the ship. SO I am proposing a different way of doing it make it premium for a standard Stalingrad be no more expensive than a battleship something like the, 70 dollars but you only have one day to buy it. Something the anniversary of the  battle of Stalingrad and such only of the day the battle ended, this will have two effects. Effect one it will make profit for the company for that day and two. the ship itself would be limited to that day so as not everyone is buying the ship itself. As for the one that you earn in Clan battles have it be better stat wise but over powering, a special camo that reduces repair cost by 60 percent adds a 20 percent bonus to profit earned have it have a 6 percent chance to not be hit (standard premium camo is 3 percent) and a 4 percent chance to hit the ship you are aiming at.

This could also be done for the Alaska Class for the Americans sell wise on Sep 02, for the end of world war 2 from Japan,  for the Japanese it would be the B-65 Class there version of the Stalingrad and Alaska Class on the date of Mat 28, the day Japan beat the Imperial Russian fleet making Japan a modern Navy and proving modern technology like all one size gun, and turret for future designs, The Germans would have the O Class or a up armored version of the Scharnhorst like her sister ship the Gneisenau with more accurate 11 inch guns than the Scharnhorst has on the date of 18 January the date which the German States unified into a single nation in 1871, the British could be the G 3 Class battle cruiser that could be bought on the date May * the day Nazi Germany fell and the allies of Europe won the war. The French could have Project "B" a Durand-Viel's second battlecruiser design that had 8 370mm or 14.5 inch guns not much is known of this ship by me yet but I am doing research into it, on the date of Aug 25th the day Paris was liberated in the second world war.

This gives an opportunity for players to buy those ships on special days of significance to the nations history during WW2 except for Germany I used the day they went from many states to a single nation on one day only. So that those that play casual and or don't do clan wars or play Co-Op or the missions system can have a chance to get the ship also but only on that day and they have to wait till the next year. The ones they would get would be like the Stalingrad Class a stat base boost built into the ship but not in the Armor or guns per say except accuracy and no hit chance compare to other ships in the game with premium camo. Hopefully this can appease the any different players out there where all get a chance to own a ship and not cry about this or that ( most likely players will still cry for one reason or another). Stats and such of the ships that can be found will be found to include gun performance and such in later posts.

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,656 posts
9,969 battles

Sub Octavian commented here:

He said high tier play could earn you the ship, I'm not sure if that will mean co-op or not.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles

The Stalingrad class is available to anyone who is willing to put in the effort to earn it.  If you don't want to play PVP, then you can't have the ship.  Just like if I don't want to ranked battles, I don't get to get a Black or a Flint.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles
5 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

The Stalingrad class is available to anyone who is willing to put in the effort to earn it.

I just hope it won't require CW.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Me either I don't mine doing the leg work I just don't want it to be limited to PVP only and completely cut out PVE and or Clan wars and completely cut out non CW players either. All should be able to get it no matter there choice of battle and or play style wheather they are PBErs or PVPrs or Mission players Clan War players or not. ALL should have access to get the ship as they please and by what means.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
11 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

The Stalingrad class is available to anyone who is willing to put in the effort to earn it.  If you don't want to play PVP, then you can't have the ship.  Just like if I don't want to ranked battles, I don't get to get a Black or a Flint.  

Well you view of PVPrs only just proved my point and a major problem with the game and company glade to support you with my money and non PVP play. All should have access to the game not just a few who think they deserve it cause they do PVP only.

• Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles
22 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Except WG hinted at the possibility of earning Flint and Black via other means, such as their Event Token system. Same with Stalingrad. Of course, it hasn't been 100% set in stone, but Sub did say they were looking into expanding access to CW/Ranked ships for non-CW/Ranked players, while giving said CW/Ranked players better camouflage bonuses to separate them from the non-CW/Ranked version. Kind of like how Alabama ST and Alabama are identical, but Alabama ST gets better bonuses and a fancier camouflage.

Members
154 posts
3,206 battles
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

Agreed. All the CW-only tanks in WoT became such a pain, especially since they were played so little, limiting proper statistics for balancing them, leaving them (most of them Soviet Mediums) horrifically overpowered. Honestly I think that's the problem with vehicle rewards from Ranked/CW. WG takes the best players and gives them overpowered vehicles, making things worse. Flint is borderline since you can counter smoke, Black is straight up WG going "you've proved you don't need to cheat to get to this point, so here's a vehicle that cheats. Enjoy stomping everyone at no risk."

25 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

Well you view of PVPrs only just proved my point and a major problem with the game and company glade to support you with my money and non PVP play. All should have access to the game not just a few who think they deserve it cause they do PVP only.

Like it or not, PvP Random Battles has been the mainstay of how WG designs and balances their games. Been that way since even before WoT was released. While they've slowly been getting more open (operations are a big step for them), Random Battles is still how most things are going to be done for the foreseeable future.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, DaryaKonstantin said:

Agreed. All the CW-only tanks in WoT became such a pain, especially since they were played so little, limiting proper statistics for balancing them, leaving them (most of them Soviet Mediums) horrifically overpowered. Honestly I think that's the problem with vehicle rewards from Ranked/CW. WG takes the best players and gives them overpowered vehicles, making things worse. Flint is borderline since you can counter smoke, Black is straight up WG going "you've proved you don't need to cheat to get to this point, so here's a vehicle that cheats. Enjoy stomping everyone at no risk."

Like it or not, PvP Random Battles has been the mainstay of how WG designs and balances their games. Been that way since even before WoT was released. While they've slowly been getting more open (operations are a big step for them), Random Battles is still how most things are going to be done for the foreseeable future.

Don't get me wrong and all I don't mind PVprs and such just don't want it to be PVprs only missions and such as I have said all should have access to get the ship in there play style. Wheather it is PVE Operations and PVP and missions we all have our own way to play and we all should have equal chance to get the ship based on that play style.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
23 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Except WG hinted at the possibility of earning Flint and Black via other means, such as their Event Token system. Same with Stalingrad. Of course, it hasn't been 100% set in stone, but Sub did say they were looking into expanding access to CW/Ranked ships for non-CW/Ranked players, while giving said CW/Ranked players better camouflage bonuses to separate them from the non-CW/Ranked version. Kind of like how Alabama ST and Alabama are identical, but Alabama ST gets better bonuses and a fancier camouflage.

I can behind this and even stated that in my first post to set theme different from one another and such, this doesn't bother me but having a CW PVP only club access to it does need to end and all have a chance.

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
7,086 battles
Just now, MikeDSp said:

I can behind this and even stated that in my first post to set theme different from one another and such, this doesn't bother me but having a CW PVP only club access to it does need to end and all have a chance.

All do have a chance. No one is stopping anyone from participating in Clan Battles or Ranked Battles or any battles.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,015 battles

Have folk earn it by acheiving 100 citadels, 100 torp hits and 25  BB Kills using T9 or T10 in any game mode 

Tough enough, but doable even for co-op. 

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
7,086 battles
2 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Have folk earn it by acheiving 100 citadels, 100 torp hits and 25  BB Kills using T9 or T10 in any game mode 

That's not tough. That's like four or five days of very casual play.

We're talking about a tier 10 premium cruiser with 12 inch guns...

For exceptional rewards, one should accomplish a task of equally exceptionality. 

• Bad 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,015 battles
2 minutes ago, Spartias said:

That's not tough. That's like four or five days of very casual play.

We're talking about a tier 10 premium cruiser with 12 inch guns...

For exceptional rewards, one should accomplish a task of equally exceptionality. 

OK, win and survive a match and achieve 12 citadels in an Albany. 

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
7,086 battles
Just now, LancerUlysses said:

OK, win and survive a match and achieve 12 citadels in an Albany. 

Sure, but you have to be the only Albany in a T10 match full of Großer Kurfürsts.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
19 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Issue is not everyone has a t9 or T10 ship most t8 ships get tiered with 10 anyway even in Co Op I can see as low as a tier 8 ship but not any lower. I can see getting the Citadel torps and such and BB kills but I Torp is hard as not all ships have Torps on theme I can see doing a Tier 8 v Tier 9 or 10 ship and getting x amout of Citdels on a Cruiser than a BB and then CVs but since the Stalingrad is a Battlecruiser much like the Alaska, G3, B-65, Scharnhorst, and the French Plan B Battlecruiser I can see doing it in Cruisers do x amount of Citadels one set for PVP and one set for PVE one set for Operation, kill x amount of ships in total one for each form of game play X amount of damage and win x amount of matches again one for each form of play style. Tier 8 and above against Tier 9 and 10 ships, this could also change based on play style operations PVE and PVP and such.

[OPG]
Members
3,879 posts
5,476 battles
51 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

It looks like at minimum it will take almost a full year to unlock the Stalingrad through clan battles, *since each season acts as a time gate, any means of earning the Stalingrad outside clan battles would need to either be time gated as well, or incredibly challenging in order to reach some levels of parity. I personally feel if WG is going to offer the Stalingrad outside clan battles, it should require a long term investment to earn.  

One possibility is WG could release temporary campaigns alongside each season of clan battles to earn Stalingrad flags.....but these campaigns would have to be restricted to Tier 10 ships only and be incredibly challenging to complete.  I.E. not only requiring players to invest considerable effort into it, but being skill gated as well.

*And I'm still not sure I'm a big fan of that idea.  Ships like the Flint and Black carry prestige in the fact they can only be earned through ranked.  Seeing a player driving one let's everyone know about their accomplishment.  It would lose a lot of impact if the Flint and Black could simply be purchased or easily earned.  *And this is coming from a player who hates ranked and is never going to come close to earning either of those ships.  

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 3

[LHG]
Beta Testers
6 posts
1,550 battles

I play mostly Random, very little Co-Op and absolutely no Clan or Ranked; the ships on offer are awesome and would love to get my hands on them - quest grind/pay for them BUT... I feel they are appropriate rewards for people that do the required content and they being only achievable through said content. It makes the reward all the more special. Allowing us scrubs access via credit card to aforementioned awesome ships not only cheapens the reward it in fact removes it completely... What you require is a Co-Op achievable ship, let’s say something in the realm of T5-7, historical, close to or on par with tier equivalent fully researched ship, not OP maybe some special bonus/es, camo or flag etc and can only be obtained via Co-Op criteria.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,015 battles

Yeah, well I don't think much of Clan Battles, especially when some certain folk can game the system to gain an advantage. It was poorly thought out, and having a premium T10 as an exclusive prize is a big finger to the community. It is nice to see that WG recognizes this, at least on some level. Joking aside, I look forward to the challenge to win the ship outside the CB system, and further, I think the Flint and Black should be allowed to be earned similarly, as Ranked is really becoming kind of a joke also. 

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
21 minutes ago, yashma said:

It looks like at minimum it will take almost a full year to unlock the Stalingrad through clan battles, *since each season acts as a time gate, any means of earning the Stalingrad outside clan battles would need to either be time gated as well, or incredibly challenging in order to reach some levels of parity. I personally feel if WG is going to offer the Stalingrad outside clan battles, it should require a long term investment to earn.  

One possibility is WG could release temporary campaigns alongside each season of clan battles to earn Stalingrad flags.....but these campaigns would have to be restricted to Tier 10 ships only and be incredibly challenging to complete.  I.E. not only requiring players to invest considerable effort into it, but being skill gated as well.

*And I'm still not sure I'm a big fan of that idea.  Ships like the Flint and Black carry prestige in the fact they can only be earned through ranked.  Seeing a player driving one let's everyone know about their accomplishment.  It would lose a lot of impact if the Flint and Black could simply be purchased or easily earned.  *And this is coming from a player who hates ranked and is never going to come close to earning either of those ships.  

Issue is most players a really against the isolation of things lets say only Ranked and or Only CW would have a massive back lash you can already see it happening now with just regular missions anymore like the new system they have for the whole player tage thing. There is massive back lash on that due to Co Op player being denied access to anything that requires effort as a reward. So adding to the fire will only worsen the situation for the company and over all health of the game also. Isolating and or ignoring the other forms of play styles for a ship will only make the issue worse. inclution and not isolation will lesson the blow don't get me wrong the challenge should be there but not just T10 or just this or that but inclusion I can see tier 8 and above as even on PVE tier 8 and above teams are bad and hard to get challenges when they had theme to due to the bad players, same can be said for the PVP players as fa as bad players. Doing missions and such as the Ranked and or CW seasons go for the ship for those that A don't play and or B don't have access should be done give theme a chance at least but don't tier limited to just one or the other tier I can see Tier 8 and above but ot just tier 10 as not all players have tier 10 ships.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Yeah, well I don't think much of Clan Battles, especially when some certain folk can game the system to gain an advantage. It was poorly thought out, and having a premium T10 as an exclusive prize is a big finger to the community. It is nice to see that WG recognizes this, at least on some level. Joking aside, I look forward to the challenge to win the ship outside the CB system, and further, I think the Flint and Black should be allowed to be earned similarly, as Ranked is really becoming kind of a joke also. 

As I just posted I can see a campaign or missions being done as the Ranked or CW is being done for those who A don't have access or B don't do those forms for one reason or another that would go along as the season went along and could earn the ship that way. Even my original posts stats that if they wanna make for purchase if they do it only on that day lets say fo the Alaska it is done on the day Japan surrendered to end WW2 on Sep 2nd and only on that day many players would get that ship but after that if you are late then you have to wait for a whole year to have at t again. Something along those lines or missions that would go with the current season for the same ship in PVP or PVE that would a challenge aka Seasons Stat for PVP win x amount of matches X amount of Citadels x amount XP and X amount of damage same for PVE just higher numbers and what not that would take a player nearly all the seasons to do would be nice you have a chance, play and try.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, MikeDSp said:

You dont get a participation awards in this game when it comes to competition, you either got what it takes or you dont. If you are not willing to put the effort into it, you do NOT deserve something so unique as Stalingrad. Its meant to be a reward for the best of the best. You shouldnt be getting a lollipop for "trying".

Want the ship? Play until you get to typhoon, otherwise stop complaining.

Funny how so many people lately are attributing their own lack of skill to WG. WG isnt doing anything wrong, you are. The problem is not the ship, and not with how its aquired, the real problem is most just dont have what it takes to make it in typhoon - and thats how it should be, its a competition. You either win and take home the gold, or you walk away empty handed.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

You dont get a participation awards in this game when it comes to competition, you either got what it takes or you dont. If you are not willing to put the effort into it, you do NOT deserve something so unique as Stalingrad. Its meant to be a reward for the best of the best. You shouldnt be getting a lollipop for "trying".

Want the ship? Play until you get to typhoon, otherwise stop complaining.

Funny how so many people lately are attributing their own lack of skill to WG. The problem is not the ship, and not with how its aquired, the real problem is most just dont have what it takes to make it in typhoon - and thats how it should be, its a competition.

That's a load of [edited], variants of existing ships being ranked/clan rewards is one thing but something as unique as Stalingrad, the world's final gun battlecruiser design should be available for the masses outside of "pro" clans and hellish grinds. I for one am willing to pay hard earned cash for it and don't care how many feelings are hurt because the clanners can't feel as special anymore.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

That's a load of [edited], variants of existing ships being ranked/clan rewards is one thing but something as unique as Stalingrad, the world's final gun battlecruiser design should be available for the masses outside of "pro" clans and hellish grinds. I for one am willing to pay hard earned cash for it and don't care how many feelings are hurt because the clanners can't feel as special anymore.

Bullsh*t, you dont take home the gold if you dont win. Olympic medalists dont get participation gold medals when they come in last place or dont compete at all. You want the ship, then get good at the game and make it to typhoon 3x.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[OPG]
Members
3,879 posts
5,476 battles
21 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

Issue is most players a really against the isolation of things lets say only Ranked and or Only CW would have a massive back lash you can already see it happening now with just regular missions anymore like the new system they have for the whole player tage thing. There is massive back lash on that due to Co Op player being denied access to anything that requires effort as a reward. So adding to the fire will only worsen the situation for the company and over all health of the game also. Isolating and or ignoring the other forms of play styles for a ship will only make the issue worse. inclution and not isolation will lesson the blow don't get me wrong the challenge should be there but not just T10 or just this or that but inclusion I can see tier 8 and above as even on PVE tier 8 and above teams are bad and hard to get challenges when they had theme to due to the bad players, same can be said for the PVP players as fa as bad players. Doing missions and such as the Ranked and or CW seasons go for the ship for those that A don't play and or B don't have access should be done give theme a chance at least but don't tier limited to just one or the other tier I can see Tier 8 and above but ot just tier 10 as not all players have tier 10 ships.

Given that the Stalingrad is a reward for a minimum of 90 wins in Tier 10 ships at a highly competitive (PvP) level over the course of almost a year's worth of time, the Stalingrad should be an incredibly limited hard to get exclusive ship.  On top of that the Stalingrad is also the first Tier X reward ship that has ever been given out in this game.  Of all the "free" ships WG has made available so far, the Stalingrad is the absolute last that should be made widely available in the name of inclusion.