You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nimitz_1967

Tired of getting insulted and berated

251 comments in this topic

[TMBAS]
Members
5 posts
1,191 battles

I've been playing WOWS for about 4 yrs. I play 10-12 hrs a week. I'm not a great player, but I try to do my best, but sometimes it's just not that good. Having said all that, I'm tired of getting insulted and put down by other players. Not everyone can spend hrs playing a game. Not everyone uses mods to help them play. When you sit there and insult, and put down other players, you are hurting the game that you enjoy playing. Without all the newbies,and lesser players, you wouldn't have enough players to keep the game going. So instead of insulting, and berating other players, try to remember when you were a newer player, and offer to help them learn and become better players. I enjoy playing the game, but am seriously thinking of quitting. I don't need the [edited]. This is just a game people. We are supposed to be here to have fun, not get insulted by other players. 

• Cool 30
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 5

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
581 posts

Just turn off chat at the beginning of every match - makes the experience MUCH more enjoyable!

• Cool 5

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,772 battles

When you enter a PvP battle you owe it to your team to pull your weight. If you have been playing 10-12 hours per week for 4 years, you are NOT a "newbie" and should have learned the game mechanics by now. 

Your stats clearly show you are not ready to play at higher tiers - you are basically sabotaging your teams by knowingly exceeding your ability. Excessive insults are not useful in chat, but you do not seem to be improving or taking advice to heart, or willing to learn.

There are thousands of guides and players who try and help - most of them (including myself, especially back in WoT) get accused of cheating, using mods, or "hacking" by the players who we try to help. 

You need to spend more time practicing in PVE or Operations (or lower tiers where the competition is softer), THEN move up. Otherwise you will always be fighting an uphill battle. Notice how your stats get worse and worse as you go up tiers? If you can't handle tier 5 why would you play at tier 9 and get crushed? How is that fun?

If you really want to improve, playing lower tiers until you reach ~1000 WTR and ~52% WR is how you would do it. Beating your bow against the island won't help. 

• Cool 24
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 24

[TMBAS]
Members
5 posts
1,191 battles

I wasn't accusing anyone of cheating, or hacking.  The advice about dropping back down, is the first constructive advice I've seen in ages. normally everyone just says keep playing, you'll get better.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
20 minutes ago, Nimitz_1967 said:

I've been playing WOWS for about 4 yrs. I play 10-12 hrs a week. I'm not a great player, but I try to do my best, but sometimes it's just not that good. Having said all that, I'm tired of getting insulted and put down by other players. Not everyone can spend hrs playing a game. Not everyone uses mods to help them play. When you sit there and insult, and put down other players, you are hurting the game that you enjoy playing. Without all the newbies,and lesser players, you wouldn't have enough players to keep the game going. So instead of insulting, and berating other players, try to remember when you were a newer player, and offer to help them learn and become better players. I enjoy playing the game, but am seriously thinking of quitting. I don't need the [edited]. This is just a game people. We are supposed to be here to have fun, not get insulted by other players. 

The funny thing is that no one ever does this to me ever. If they do, I just don't notice it I guess. I read a lot about this here on the forums I just don't see it happening. I have never blocked any one because I have never had trouble with or from anyone. I have never been chat banned, I don't type in battle unless it has something to do with the battle, which can usually be taken care of with the quick menu. I do give out compliments.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,772 battles

You need to play at a level where you can learn. Getting deleted without doing anything (your NO,  Benson and Baltimore)  is not conductive to improving. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

NO!. Less than 100 games total in a CV and you are playing the Lexington. Less than 30 games in the Independence and Ranger combined. Buying your way to high tier ships is fine by wargaming's standards but by your 11 other teammates.....it's not cool.

This guy enrages me. His key vehicle is a tier 3 St Louis and he is playing tier 8 Lexington. I had the misfortune of being on his team today.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Regardless of how you play, there's nothing wrong with simply turning off the chat, Nimitz.

I've been turning off the chat more and more often over the past few weeks, especially since the holidays, and absolutely during the weekend.  I'm not the target of any salt or insults but I get sick of seeing it hurled around every single match, again during the weekends especially.

At any rate, you really should spend more time learning the game in the low tiers before rushing up the high tiers, where you are only making yourself a liability to the team.  Some of the comments directed to you during matches may have a point.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,232 battles

Nimitz, it can de disheartening I know. I've been playing since April of 2016 with 5,200 battles. I have "moved" up the tiers and have the Montana and some tier 9 and 8. I don't take anything above an 8 into random except for a few times yet because I know I'm not quite there yet. I'm decent at 5-7 and that's where the majority of my battles are because I can contribute and have fun. Drop back down and keep playing. Your win rate will go, you'll have fun again, you'll contribute and the salt will dissolve away for the most part. There's always someone with an attitude, just roll and smile. Good luck man.

• Cool 2

[TMBAS]
Members
5 posts
1,191 battles

Yes Sweetsie, you are the one that was so insulting. I did not buy my way to anything. Instead of offering advice, all you did was scream about how bad a player I was and blame me for the whole teams problems. I admit to being out of my league with  the Lexington, and will not use again for awhile, but I don't need any of your insults.

Edited by Nimitz_1967
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
9 minutes ago, Nimitz_1967 said:

Yes Sweetsie, you are the one that was so insulting. I did not buy my way to anything. Instead of offering advice, all you did was scream about how bad a player I was and blame me for the whole teams problems. I admit to being out of my league with  the Lexington, and will not use again for awhile, but I don't need any of your insults.

While his manner is a bit blunt, he is right in the sense that CVs, especially high tier ones, have a very big factor of influence in the game. What he means to say, is that if you are not able to pull your weight against the enemy CV player, and possibly one who has alot of experience in playing one, you could be handicapping your team. That said, everyone is allowed to play the game as they see fit and fun, but I really don't think getting bad results in high tier games can be fun :Smile_hiding:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles

If people are yelling at you then maybe you should try and take in what they are saying you did wrong. And you know, improve it? And yeh. Just dont play CV's....

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

OP,

Even though you been playing for four years, you only have 1,000 games post-beta - which really isn't very many.  I don't think I felt comfortable playing higher than mid-tier ships with that number of games, so your struggles in higher tier ships are understandable.  Max has offered solid advice about dropping back down for a bit or playing more modes against bots to work on fundamentals.  You might want to also focus on a ship type or two for a while for consistency's sake, too.

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

If you think being told to stay in co-op and learning how to play is insulting than so be it. If you think players enjoy having no shot to win because you are out of planes in 6 minutes is enjoyable than so be it.

There have been multiple threads recently on this exact subject, A CV player in so far over his head.....

OK, how did you get to the Lexington from the Bogue in 29 games? With a combined abysmal wr? you want to come in here and cry...then cry, but if you want to lie, I'll call you out every time.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 6

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

While his manner is a bit blunt, he is right in the sense that CVs, especially high tier ones, have a very big factor of influence in the game. What he means to say, is that if you are not able to pull your weight against the enemy CV player, and possibly one who has alot of experience in playing one, you could be handicapping your team. That said, everyone is allowed to play the game as they see fit and fun, but I really don't think getting bad results in high tier games can be fun :Smile_hiding:.

I was in a game with him where my

teams shokaku died within the first 5min and all he could manage on his team was 1 kill and barley any support

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
35 minutes ago, Nimitz_1967 said:

I've been playing WOWS for about 4 yrs.

I dislike big exaggerations  so did not really do more then skim the rest of your post .

You have not even played WoWs for two and a third years let alone 'almost 4'  . The rest looked to me like a rant about the toxicity of internet games . This is not new and unusual news . As others have said before my post ;if the trolls and angry types are bothering you turn off chat .

:Smile_honoring:  

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I got called "pay to win" today after I scored arsonist on a Bismarck in Atlanta. Some people don't have an interest in getting better, just denigrating others.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,772 battles

I bought the Independence, played some Co-Op battles to try manual drops, tried some random battles, noticed I couldn't pull my weight (due to unfamiliarity with manual drops + stock CV making it worse) so put it on the shelf. I will NOT play tier 6+ CVs again until I have enough time to learn how to use them properly - I owe my teams that much. 

• Cool 3

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles

Go down a tier or three,

Grab some guides

Enable replays, re-watch them yourself and pick your own performance apart.

• Cool 3

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

If you think being told to stay in co-op and learning how to play is insulting than so be it. If you think players enjoy having no shot to win because you are out of planes in 6 minutes is enjoyable than so be it.

There have been multiple threads recently on this exact subject, A CV player in so far over his head.....

OK, how did you get to the Lexington from the Bogue in 29 games? With a combined abysmal wr? you want to come in here and cry...then cry, but if you want to lie, I'll call you out every time.

True dat. Even with xp flags and camo on my missouri i only get 13ish a game and thats a tier nine BB LOL

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I dislike big exaggerations  so did not really do more then skim the rest of your post .

You have not even played WoWs for two and a third years let alone 'almost 4'  . The rest looked to me like a rant about the toxicity of internet games . This is not new and unusual news . As others have said before my post ;if the trolls and angry types are bothering you turn off chat .

:Smile_honoring:  

The game only had its second anniversary lmbo

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

the funny thing is, most of these people that insult others are doing it from the bottom of the sea, lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,884 battles
36 minutes ago, Nimitz_1967 said:

This has largely not been my experience with WoWS.  This games' community has been quite positive, supportive and pleasant for the overwhelming majority of interactions both in-game and on the forums.  

Either, you've run into a string of the minority of players who are just toxic, and/or you are doing things (or not doing things) that enrages the other players. 

I have no idea what that is in your case, but in my experience things like nudging teammates out of their own smoke (particularly UK CLs - especially when it gets them killed) gets a stream of abuse.  Deliberate team killing gets rage.  Accidential team damage gets rage if the offending player doesnt offer a quick apology, which almost always results in a 'no worries' equivalent. 

Then you get into things that are less well defined: being a bad carrier driver trying to oppose an excellent carrier driver - primarily because carriers are such an overwhelming force multiplier, that difference in skill level usually means a loss.  Chasing a kill, or chasing damage, instead of taking a capture point to win the game - or otherwise throwing a match - typically attracts negative comments.  

Finally, there are the 'snowflake' type complains - people who magically thought your entire reason for being was to 'support' them as they did something dumb like rush in right at the start, who then complain that dds dont smoke them, cruisers just camp behind islands, battleships never push,  or carriers didnt use their only fighter to protect them over all others in the team (as appropriate).  These people are OK to ignore as they are morons.  Dont let these guys get you down. 

You will be able to reflect on your own play, and help decide which of those things you do, or dont do, generates the complaints. When you've worked out what those things are, come to the forums for advice on how to improve.  

Currently, seems to me that you are complaining about the effect (rage) rather than the cause (performance).  

• Cool 3