You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

New campaign for French BB but only for a limited time

31 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,661 posts
14,042 battles

Hope it's not one of those limited time, time-gated campaigns that need you to buy a POS Premium Ship to make it easier.  I see them doing that with POS Gascogne.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

C8qvG8X.jpg

Sweet. Do want.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,440 posts
3,413 battles

I do wish they'd do similar ornate designs for the KM (Imperial), RN, and IJN (Imperial) too. Sadly, I don't think the KM or IJN will ever get them simply because some groups would see it as offensive.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,308 posts
3,883 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

C8qvG8X.jpg

Sweet. Do want.

Dang!  They went full 18th century French monarch on that skin :cap_cool:

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles
2 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I do wish they'd do similar ornate designs for the KM (Imperial), RN, and IJN (Imperial) too. Sadly, I don't think the KM or IJN will ever get them simply because some groups would see it as offensive.

They could doll up the Bayern in Imperial German colours! I could see the KM being objectionable, but the KlM should be fine.

[7RET]
114 posts
6,277 battles

My Dunkerque could use a new suit. Color me intrigued. 

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
6 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

A SMS design would be OK since the Reichskriegsflagge isn‘t baned in Germany like the swastika. There were some pics of a special reward camo for the GZ testers that was red/black with the Wehrmachts eagle just without the swastika. Not sure if it was serious or not.

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

C8qvG8X.jpg

Sweet. Do want.

Jep, the turret red white blue looks like the Dutch flag :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Jep, the turret red white blue looks like the Dutch flag :Smile_teethhappy:

almohada-francesa-almohada-holandesa-fre

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,440 posts
3,413 battles
2 minutes ago, amaROenuZ said:

They could doll up the Bayern in Imperial German colours! I could see the KM being objectionable, but the KlM should be fine.

That's what I was aiming for; nobility/royalty regalia that fits the KM, RN, IJN, and RM. VMF too if Imperial Russia isn't an issue.

• KM could deal with Imperial regalia in the lower tiers, and maybe one or two in the upper tiers just for a bit of "what if" fun, or just out of respect to the name, such as for FdG and GK.
  • RN could have royal regalia on QE (for obvious reasons), KGV (and DoY), and Monarch.
  • IJN could have it up and down the entire nation lines, though Kongou, Fuso, Nagato, and Yamato would be the main candidates (token one for Mikasa and Musashi too).
  • RM could have it up and down the entire nation lines too, though as I'm not as familiar with their history, someone better could point out potential battleships (and non-BBs) that such camo could work on.

VMF could have such for their Imperial origin ships, assuming that isn't an issue, or could go with Communist Regalia in the upper tiers.

The USN would have to make make do with variations on stars and stripes, though a few tasteful Bald Eagle ornaments wouldn't hurt.

But it'd be a nice non-anime/non-Halloween permacamo to invest into, and I'm hoping WG is willing to do the same for all the Nations.

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Jep, from the bow it looks like the Dutch flag.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,440 posts
3,413 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

Jep, from the bow it looks like the Dutch flag.

It's funny you mention it, since someone was fighting with someone else in a Reddit thread over it being the Netherlands flag vs the French flag, and if it was French, how it should have been colored differently.

Then again, a Red/White/Blue ribbon can only be displayed so many ways. I mean, the US uses RWB ribbons for 4oJ decor (sometimes with stars on the blue, just because we can).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
44 minutes ago, Lert said:

C8qvG8X.jpg

Sweet. Do want.

37 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Dang!  They went full 18th century French monarch on that skin :cap_cool:

That is more imperial France. The tricolor didn't arrive until the revolution.

1200px-Pavillon_royal_de_France.svg.png

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

It's funny you mention it, since someone was fighting with someone else in a Reddit thread over it being the Netherlands flag vs the French flag, and if it was French, how it should have been colored differently.

Then again, a Red/White/Blue ribbon can only be displayed so many ways. I mean, the US uses RWB ribbons for 4oJ decor (sometimes with stars on the blue, just because we can).

I know, just want to tease our forum cat.

Btw I found the link with the GZ camo

24210339_150029048964736_393906203033337

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
5 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Thing is though, on the camo shown the red-white-blue is horizontal if you orient yourself with the shield on the turret roof. So there are two graphical elements on the same turret roof that are intended to be looked at in a different orientation.

• Bad 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
48 minutes ago, Lert said:

C8qvG8X.jpg

Sweet. Do want.

At first glance I thought those were tables and chairs and some nice wine and cheese, maybe a nice café on the promenade deck.......ah....to be in the South of France

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
6 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

At first glance I thought those were tables and chairs and some nice wine and cheese, maybe a nice café on the promenade deck.......ah....to be in the South of France

That’s why we get Marsaille for the French port.

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

Depends on the nature of the ornateness, I'd think.

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

First, which flag game first, the French tricolor or the Dutch tricolor?  (Just curious.)

Secondly, this seems like much ado about nothing.  Mountain out of a mole hill, that sort of thing.  If you're gonna keep a flag that looks so much like that of your (bigger) neighbor, there's bound to be some confusion from time to time.  Maybe it's time to pick different colors or a different pattern or something.

BTW, why not just buy the Dutch flag pillow and rotate it 90* and save 6 bucks?  :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Crucis

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

First, which flag game first, the French tricolor or the Dutch tricolor?  (Just curious.)

That's open for debate. The Dutch tricolor was first officially adopted as the Dutch national flag in 1937, several centuries after the French adopted theirs in 1794, but the Dutch tricolor has much older origins than that. It can be traced back down to what's called the "Prince's flag" which originated during the Dutch revolt in the late 16th century:

4WGSets.png

To make things even more confusing, here's Luxembourg's flag:

Spoiler

zRxRbZU.gif

And the Dutch one:

OpEyJrp.png

The Dutch flag is slightly shorter than the Luxembourg one given the same height, and the red is of a darker hue. That's it.

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

That's what I was aiming for; nobility/royalty regalia that fits the KM, RN, IJN, and RM. VMF too if Imperial Russia isn't an issue.

• KM could deal with Imperial regalia in the lower tiers, and maybe one or two in the upper tiers just for a bit of "what if" fun, or just out of respect to the name, such as for FdG and GK.
  • RN could have royal regalia on QE (for obvious reasons), KGV (and DoY), and Monarch.
  • IJN could have it up and down the entire nation lines, though Kongou, Fuso, Nagato, and Yamato would be the main candidates (token one for Mikasa and Musashi too).
  • RM could have it up and down the entire nation lines too, though as I'm not as familiar with their history, someone better could point out potential battleships (and non-BBs) that such camo could work on.

VMF could have such for their Imperial origin ships, assuming that isn't an issue, or could go with Communist Regalia in the upper tiers.

The USN would have to make make do with variations on stars and stripes, though a few tasteful Bald Eagle ornaments wouldn't hurt.

But it'd be a nice non-anime/non-Halloween permacamo to invest into, and I'm hoping WG is willing to do the same for all the Nations.

At some point (and I think that there's a mod that did this), maybe someone could come up with utterly fictional "countries" for each navy, with matching, totally fictional flags.  The fictional nation names could have a semi-local "flavor" to them, though I doubt that I could come up with those flavors off the top of my head right now.

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

BTW, why not just buy the Dutch flag pillow and rotate it 90* and save 6 bucks?  :Smile_hiding:

That’s a cunning plan :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's open for debate. The Dutch tricolor was first officially adopted as the Dutch national flag in 1937, several centuries after the French adopted theirs in 1794, but the Dutch tricolor has much older origins than that. It can be traced back down to what's called the "Prince's flag" which is orange, white and blue and which originated during the Dutch revolt in the late 16th century.

To make things even more confusing, here's Luxembourg's flag:

Reveal hidden contents

zRxRbZU.gif

And the Dutch one:

OpEyJrp.png

The Dutch flag is slightly shorter than the Luxembourg one given the same height, and the red is of a darker hue. That's it.

At least we don't have to worry about the Luxembourg Navy.