You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Eagles or Pats? If ya care.

25 comments in this topic

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles

I am going with Eagles.  Why?  I hate ESPN and virtually all their so called "experts" are picking Pats. Real scientific right? I don't really much care but I am picking Eagles.  Very good D.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,416 battles

UaXgs3A.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
158 posts
3,450 battles

Eagles, cause I like underdogs like me in battles!

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

I only care about the commercials and the free food and booze.

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
13 minutes ago, Goose21891 said:

I only care about the commercials and the free food and booze.

Fine!  But I HATE commercials even if they are S-Bowl commercials. Food?  I got a big batch of ribs.

[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,126 battles

Not even going to bother watching. Our national womens' curling championship final is on and the mrs and I are lifelong curlers. I gave up on pro sports after the initial doping scandals broke and don't even watch most sports on TV, including hockey, our national sport, a game which I played in a house league until I was 50 years old. Other than minor hockey for the kids, I won't pay to see and NHL game with the overinflated prices..Even the Olympics have little appeal, and when I do watch it is only the team events that get my attention.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

UaXgs3A.jpg

Kudos, Lert!  +1 for the humor!  :cap_like:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles

I'll admit that I'm a Patriots fan, through and through.

• Cool 1

Members
2,746 posts
6,226 battles
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Our national womens' curling championship final is on and the mrs and I are lifelong curlers

We don't do much curling down here in south Texas! Understand your take on Pro sports though. The NFL players not standing for the National Anthem left a real sour taste with me.

[SF-A]
Members
2,843 posts
5,547 battles

Pats! Not sure what the odds look like but friends say it should be a close one.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
14 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

We don't do much curling down here in south Texas! Understand your take on Pro sports though. The NFL players not standing for the National Anthem left a real sour taste with me.

It's left a real sour taste with a lot of Americans.  I'm rather disgusted with the NFL for not telling its EMPLOYEES to stand up or go look elsewhere for employment.  

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
27 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's left a real sour taste with a lot of Americans.  I'm rather disgusted with the NFL for not telling its EMPLOYEES to stand up or go look elsewhere for employment.  

Initially I was ok with it, sorta, but it went on and on long after the point was made.  Became counter productive IMO. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Initially I was ok with it, sorta, but it went on and on long after the point was made.  Became counter productive IMO. 

I guess that I wasn't OK with it from the start.  The way I saw it, if they wanted to protest on their own time and dime, go for it.  But when you're on the field, you're on the company's time and dime, and you're an employee.  And I'm ticked with the NFL for not supporting its customers and telling their employees to stop ticking off the customers, since they're the ones who pay their salaries and keep the business (i.e. the league) running, in the long term.

• Cool 1

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I guess that I wasn't OK with it from the start.  The way I saw it, if they wanted to protest on their own time and dime, go for it.  But when you're on the field, you're on the company's time and dime, and you're an employee.  And I'm ticked with the NFL for not supporting its customers and telling their employees to stop ticking off the customers, since they're the ones who pay their salaries and keep the business (i.e. the league) running, in the long term.

I understand. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I understand. 

While I don't really agree with the reason for their protest, I respect their right to do it ... in the proper time and place.  And I think that a considerable majority of Americans don't see protests during the national anthem as ever being the proper time and place, regardless of the issue in question, because no matter what the issue is, protesting during the national anthem will be seen as so disrespectful that a great many people will be turned off to whatever it is they're protesting.  Which, in turn, seems to me that if you want as many people as possible to take you seriously, don't protest at a time when they're going to be ticked off as you and tune you and your message out.

On a very different level, it's sort of like protesting by blocking a highway during rush hour.  You're just going to tick people off so much that they won't care what you have to say.  But the problem is that the protesters don't get that.  They just want to cause such a large ruckus that they think that it will cause people to listen, but they don't understand the idea that it has the exact opposite effect.

Sigh.  Moving on.

Go Pats!!!    :Smile_izmena:

Members
4,438 posts
6,118 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

While I don't really agree with the reason for their protest, I respect their right to do it ... in the proper time and place.  And I think that a considerable majority of Americans don't see protests during the national anthem as ever being the proper time and place, regardless of the issue in question, because no matter what the issue is, protesting during the national anthem will be seen as so disrespectful that a great many people will be turned off to whatever it is they're protesting.  Which, in turn, seems to me that if you want as many people as possible to take you seriously, don't protest at a time when they're going to be ticked off as you and tune you and your message out.

On a very different level, it's sort of like protesting by blocking a highway during rush hour.  You're just going to tick people off so much that they won't care what you have to say.  But the problem is that the protesters don't get that.  They just want to cause such a large ruckus that they think that it will cause people to listen, but they don't understand the idea that it has the exact opposite effect.

Sigh.  Moving on.

Go Pats!!!    :Smile_izmena:

Like I said it quickly became counter productive. After bout the 2nd game I am thinking OK America gets it.  We get it!  But it went on for the whole season until it simply generated hate and anger in many Americans. I do think there are a significant bunch of Americans who are just tired and tired with our country being dissed....on and on and on.  The media, much of it, also plays right along with the trashing.

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,829 battles

Since I'm a Seahawks fan, I want the underdog Philly Eagles to win, but a small part of me tells that the NE Patriots will win, as always.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles

Well, the Pats are up 33-32 with 9:22 left in the 4th.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,536 posts
13,977 battles

Congrats to the Eagles, big underdogs to win this and still pulled it off.

Your star QB going down and having to rely on the backup.

Having to get into a shooting match with the Pats.

Defense came up in the end.

Hard fought against an elite team, enjoy it Philadelphia fans.

Backup QB Foles is the godd*mn MVP for the Super Bowl.  He helped carry the team when Wentz went down and everyone doubted the Eagles after that injury.  Not only did he pull through in the playoffs, but performed in a shootout with the Patriots.  Outstanding.

- Seriously, what a resume building set of accomplishments for the man to come in and take over late in the season.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
226 posts
7,481 battles

Eagles won? How many dogs are they gonna kill to celebrate?