Foo_Fighter_

Loss of mouse control, ship sails away from me. Help!

20 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
2,965 battles

I've been experiencing an problem with World of Warships.

During the game, I will lose mouse control and my ship will sail away from me.  The camera position is fixed and the ship continues to move forward.

Keyboard controls such as rudder and speed continue to work.

The only way that I've found to recover from this is to kill the game and restart it.

This does not happen every game, but perhaps every 10 games or so.  It usually seems to happen pretty early in the match.  The problem seems to have started several updates ago.

I've contacted WoWS support several times about this problem but they have not been able to resolve it.

This is happening on an i7 PC running a GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card.  Graphics driver version is 32.21.13.8813.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Alan
Foo_Fighter_

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles
15 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

Are you using wireless mouse?

It has happened to me and I have a wired mouse. Since no one has turned in a video of the problem, WG has not responded to tickets. 

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

I read this as lost control of (little white) mouse. lol. 

But as stated before, wireless mouse? Perhaps your mouse has gotten to old and has started to fall apart on you. If not a wireless check you wires. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Do you have roommates you share your pc with? Or a tech savvy spouse or parents who are easily annoyed at you pc gaming?

The could have a Bluetooth mouse plugged in where you haven't noticed and are playing pranks on you...

The happened a lot to my buddies in my IT classes in college and highschool... (we had assigned workstations; and I'm a bit of an as*)

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles
Just now, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Likely a problem with a mod. Try and remove your mods it will probably fix it.

I run no mods. It happens to me as well. 

[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,701 battles

I'm sure you've tried this but does your mouse need new batteries???  I've been mid-battle and had the same thing happen.  New batteries work wonders...

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles
45 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

I'm sure you've tried this but does your mouse need new batteries???  I've been mid-battle and had the same thing happen.  New batteries work wonders

Probably what the problem is. Worked for me.

Members
3,298 posts
7,997 battles

Yes, this is a problem. 

I've had two support tickets on this issue. The current ticket has been open or ongoing for over 30 days now with numerous techs involved without resolution.  No mods or wireless anything.  There's nothing cheap or weak about the hardware I'm running. Everything was reinstalled and updated from the ground up (OS, drivers, game client, etc.) in December resulting in no improvement in reliability. 

Members
3,298 posts
7,997 battles
2 hours ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Likely a problem with a mod. Try and remove your mods it will probably fix it.

No mods here.

Members
3,298 posts
7,997 battles
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

I'm sure you've tried this but does your mouse need new batteries???  I've been mid-battle and had the same thing happen.  New batteries work wonders...

No wireless or batteries involved here.

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,772 battles
4 hours ago, Foo_Fighter_ said:

I've been experiencing an problem with World of Warships.

During the game, I will lose mouse control and my ship will sail away from me. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

There are some workarounds in this earlier thread.

Members
9 posts
2,965 battles

Although I do use a wireless mouse, I'm pretty sure the problem is not my mouse.

When I Alt-Tab away from the game, the mouse works fine.

Also, I can still shoot if I left-click, so I guess the problem is more that the mouse does not affect the viewport.

Also, if it was my mouse, then my ship wouldn't just sail off into the distance.  This is like when you're watching a replay and you disconnect the camera from the ship and it moves forward and the camera stays put.

I'm not running any mods whatsoever.

Wargaming had me completely remove the game, run CCleaner, then re-install.  This did not help.

They also had me check a bunch of network port settings and this also did not help.

My symptoms are just like those described in the threads that lemekillmister posted above.  Thanks for those, I will check them out.

Thanks!

Alan
Foo_Fighter_

Edited by Foo_Fighter_

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles

I am using a standard, wired mouse and the problem has been affecting me. It is not a mouse problem, nor a mod problem. 

Members
9 posts
2,965 battles
On 2/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, RustyTrax said:

You locked the view. CTRL X

Nope, when I hit CTRL-X it very clearly says "ARMAMENT: LOCKED ON BEARING" and my ship doesn't sail away into the distance without me.

Members
9 posts
2,965 battles

I was hoping that the 0.7.1 update would fix this issue, but I just experienced the problem again this morning.

I managed to capture a replay which I uploaded here:

https://replayswows.com/replay/16459

I've also attached the replay here.

At the beginning, the graphics are really messed up.  Not sure if this is related to the problem or not, but it clears up when the match starts.

The issue starts at 18:46 by the match clock.

I tried hitting the CTRL-X as suggested above, and the control seemed to work as it normally would, but did not affect the problem.

I also noticed that the mini map had frozen and it did not update for the rest of the match.

I went ahead and let the match run (sorry team) and found I could still control the direction of the ship.  You'll see that I turned it around and brought it back to the camera position.  I was also able to fire the guns, although I was unable to see what I was aiming at.

After the match ended, I returned to port and did not see any issues with the port display as others have reported.  I was able to see all of my ships in port.

20180209_123511_PASB018-Iowa-1944_46_Estuary.wowsreplay