Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kutejikashi

Until when can I buy the HSF ships?

7 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
37 posts
1,205 battles

I just want to know the limit date of the availability of the HSF ships, last time I read I think WG say the offer ends until september-october 2018.

Thanks to all~

Beta Testers
1,299 posts
3,583 battles
12 minutes ago, Kutejikashi said:

I just want to know the limit date of the availability of the HSF ships, last time I read I think WG say the offer ends until september-october 2018.

Thanks to all~

September 30th is when it all ends per eu forums.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
37 posts
1,205 battles
2 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

September 30th is when it all ends per eu forums.

Danke~

I still have alot of time to have at least one of them xd

This maybe be a bit more but, the german cruiser Graf Spee,  or better say, the german cruiser line is any good? I read they have bad AP and HE mostly shatter

Members
634 posts
4,143 battles
5 minutes ago, Kutejikashi said:

This maybe be a bit more but, the german cruiser Graf Spee,  or better say, the german cruiser line is any good? I read they have bad AP and HE mostly shatter

There are people who think the Graf Spee is underwhelming and those that think she's a good ship. Personally, I like the Graf Spee quite a bit. She has guns similar to the Scharnhorst except they are much more accurate. Not as accurate as 8" guns on heavy cruisers, but better than battleship guns. This means that she is great at fighting other cruisers and her torpedoes hit hard and have an 8km range. She can also be pretty tanky if you angle properly, although you shouldn't be trying to tank battleship fire for long. Her AA is mediocre and I use DFAA to make it adequate, since without it it's mostly useless against tier VII or higher planes. 

The real trick is getting a handle of only having 6 guns. DD's can be a real pain because of this.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
37 posts
1,205 battles
3 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

There are people who think the Graf Spee is underwhelming and those that think she's a good ship. Personally, I like the Graf Spee quite a bit. She has guns similar to the Scharnhorst except they are much more accurate. Not as accurate as 8" guns on heavy cruisers, but better than battleship guns. This means that she is great at fighting other cruisers and her torpedoes hit hard and have an 8km range. She can also be pretty tanky if you angle properly, although you shouldn't be trying to tank battleship fire for long. Her AA is mediocre and I use DFAA to make it adequate, since without it it's mostly useless against tier VII or higher planes. 

The real trick is getting a handle of only having 6 guns. DD's can be a real pain because of this.

You settle it, I should do a try on the german line, so I get prepared to use the Graf Spee.

Danke for the answer~

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

From what I read in a thread I started about the German cruiser line, the line itself will treat you better than the Graf Spee. I have the HSF Graf Spee and it lacks a bit in mobility compared to most of the cruiser line (according to more seasoned players)...you should read my thread questioning the goods/bads of that line. Folks really got detailed on which ships to spam HE and which ones that have good AP. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles

German AP is pretty darn good.  Many say their HE isn't very good, but I do okay in games where I start out with HE.  The Graf Spee is kind of a unique play style.  Not a cruiser, not a BB.  And don't think you can play like a cruiser and go DD hunting.  The BB like reload rate means low DPM.  I think iChase and URPeacekeeper do some good videos on it and they get the play style.  Hang back between the cruiser and BB's and lend fire support, but only up to a certain point.  And you just kind of have to have a feel for when it's time to press forward in the Spee.  It's one reason my win rate in it is so bad.  If you get it wrong, you end up dying and the team loses some valuable fire support.  Get it right though and your team rolls.  Find the weak spot in the enemy line and exploit it with another cruiser and (hopefully) a BB.  But get it wrong and you're too slow to get away.  At T6, you'll face a LOT of ships that you can't run from.  So if you find yourself getting focused, just try to do as much damage as you can.  Because you can't run.  

Sign in to follow this