Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Hail to the King Baby

Who is going to win the King of the Sea Tournament  

47 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is going to win the King of the Sea Tournament

    • WGP2W - Europe
      18
    • O7 - North America
      29

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles

That why I got to cuss about some O7 guys in a recent match last night? Training for this were they? Hm.

Godspeed to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[TF16B]
Members
8,039 posts
16,977 battles

Europe.

Best to keep my mouth/keyboard shut as to why I feel so...

...too political anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
814
[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,836 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Europe.

Best to keep my mouth/keyboard shut as to why I feel so...

...too political anyway.

Open up Prophet, let's hear it!  :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

How does this work?

Is there narration or do we just watch from a dead player flying around? How many games? 7 on 7 liked ranked? Team make up is...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,007
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

in my limited experience on the EU server, the euros are less skilled individually than NA players are, but they work as a team much much better.  My money is on EU sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,987
[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,562 battles
25 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

How does this work?

Is there narration or do we just watch from a dead player flying around? How many games? 7 on 7 liked ranked? Team make up is...?

Yes there will be several people flying around after dying in their low tier ship providing commentary. As to the Format I'm guessing it will be a 9v9 in T10 ships and best of 5 games. Because thats what it was for the other games recently. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693
[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

Perhaps an edit to the subject line might be in order.  A comma would be really helpful.

 

I assume you meant "Hail to the King, Baby!

kingofusa.jpg

 

As opposed to "Hail the the King Baby".

o-ROYAL-BABY-facebook.jpg

 

Just a thought.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,001 battles

Meanwhile, in the battle of the 3rd place finishers, TWA is whipping up on ZR, 2 games to nothing so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,752 posts
7,967 battles
4 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Perhaps an edit to the subject line might be in order.  A comma would be really helpful.

 

I assume you meant "Hail to the King, Baby!

kingofusa.jpg

 

As opposed to "Hail the the King Baby".

o-ROYAL-BABY-facebook.jpg

 

Just a thought.

 

More like this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

EU beat us. I didn't see it, but I heard about it. EU shut down our Midway and had an advantage with the Hak after. We've got a great CV captain, and feared that we might have some issues with EU's tactics, but had confidence in our plan. Even with adjustments we couldn't quite get the advantage and put ourselves over the top.

Just have to learn and adjust for next time. Part of winning is understanding why, and adapting. Changing out the entire plan on the fly is a panic move. You stick to what you practice and do best

 First time through KOTS, 2nd is nothing to be ashamed of. When we practice flr next time we can take that new gameplan and switch it up with this one if we need to, or mix and match.

WoWs is a game of inches that looks like a blowout in the end because the best teams learn to capitalize and punish each tiny mistake. Once the advantage slips too close to one side its hard to undo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,007
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

Seem to me then, the first mistake was picking a Midway.  The large squadrons work well in pubs, but don't have the flexibility of the Hak.  Most of the USN CV change reviews expressed the same thing; great for pub stomping, no good for competitive play.  I'm actually shocked to hear you selected a Midway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
13 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

EU beat us. I didn't see it, but I heard about it. EU shut down our Midway and had an advantage with the Hak after. We've got a great CV captain, and feared that we might have some issues with EU's tactics, but had confidence in our plan. Even with adjustments we couldn't quite get the advantage and put ourselves over the top.

Just have to learn and adjust for next time. Part of winning is understanding why, and adapting. Changing out the entire plan on the fly is a panic move. You stick to what you practice and do best

 First time through KOTS, 2nd is nothing to be ashamed of. When we practice flr next time we can take that new gameplan and switch it up with this one if we need to, or mix and match.

WoWs is a game of inches that looks like a blowout in the end because the best teams learn to capitalize and punish each tiny mistake. Once the advantage slips too close to one side its hard to undo. 

thank you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
29 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Seem to me then, the first mistake was picking a Midway.  The large squadrons work well in pubs, but don't have the flexibility of the Hak.  Most of the USN CV change reviews expressed the same thing; great for pub stomping, no good for competitive play.  I'm actually shocked to hear you selected a Midway.

you have to first consider they won NA champion with this midway

i feel like it's more alumati cant find the "gap" in p2w's formation to make midway work

perhaps it's because o7 is too familiar with opponents on NA server so they could make it work? 

regardless, midway is getting nerfed, i really don't think there will be any midway next tournament

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

It's hard to simulate EU on NA because they understand AA and work together to sustain it better than NA does. They have a lot less complaining about CVs, more of them, and more AA specced ships.

The Hak isn't straight up superior, but it does  have more flexability to scout since it's DBs are faster than fighters, and it has more squads.

But if WarGaming nerfs the Midway I think she's non-existant in KoTs in all regions, and we see even less CVs at Tier 10 than we do now, which is practically never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

Of course Europe was going to win.  They were focused on raising their game.  Our NA team was too busy boasting about themselves and acting like middle schoolers.  

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Of course Europe was going to win.  They were focused on raising their game.  Our NA team was too busy boasting about themselves and acting like middle schoolers.  

For all your sour grapes you certainly know incredibly little about the Captain's that compromise the Clan.

Largely the people that don't like o7 and oo7 are players that refuse to participate in divisions with us, or play alongside this group.

I've never been part of a large group of people that get along so well and simply enjoy themselves while pushing each other to succeed.

The guys put in practice time for KoTs to the point that we had very little doubt we could win the NA bracket, and stood a fighting chance against whoever came out of EU. Coming in 2nd place in the world is hardly something to disrespect. Especially when NA doesn't run a similar play style.

You learn and adjust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

For all your sour grapes you certainly know incredibly little about the Captain's that compromise the Clan.

Largely the people that don't like o7 and oo7 are players that refuse to participate in divisions with us, or play alongside this group.

I've never been part of a large group of people that get along so well and simply enjoy themselves while pushing each other to succeed.

The guys put in practice time for KoTs to the point that we had very little doubt we could win the NA bracket, and stood a fighting chance against whoever came out of EU. Coming in 2nd place in the world is hardly something to disrespect. Especially when NA doesn't run a similar play style.

You learn and adjust.

It's not sour grapes.  It's embarrassment that North America didn't represent itself better.  A few suggestions:

  • Yesterdays victories are meaningless.  It doesn't matter what you did to get to "the big game."  It only matters what you did when you got there.
  • Next time, train more.  Brag on forums less.
  • 2nd place is the first loser.  If you're a competitor who thinks "2nd place is good enough" you deserved to lose.
  • Your only response to this loss should be, "We got our butts kicked.  We admit we blew it.  It's not going to happen again.  We're going to shut up and prove we're the best, instead of making excuses and trying to convince people we are."

Any other attitude, you might as well quit now because you'll lose next time too.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles
9 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

It's not sour grapes.  It's embarrassment that North America didn't represent itself better.  A few suggestions:

  • Yesterdays victories are meaningless.  It doesn't matter what you did to get to "the big game."  It only matters what you did when you got there.
  • Next time, train more.  Brag on forums less.
  • 2nd place is the first loser.  If you're a competitor who thinks "2nd place is good enough" you deserved to lose.
  • Your only response to this loss should be, "We got our butts kicked.  We admit we blew it.  It's not going to happen again.  We're going to shut up and prove we're the best, instead of making excuses and trying to convince people we are."

Any other attitude, you might as well quit now because you'll lose next time too.

You don't get to that final series by being anything but among the very best NA has to offer. Put down your personal grudges and support those Captain's like they did our server with hours of practice, planning, and preparation. Scream "fake news" all you want, but you're the one that looks like an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
3 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

You don't get to that final series by being anything but among the very best NA has to offer. Put down your personal grudges and support those Captain's like they did our server with hours of practice, planning, and preparation. Scream "fake news" all you want, but you're the one that looks like an idiot.

Your best wasn't good enough. 

Its clear your strategy is to rest on past laurels and not do what is needed to win next time.

I guess in this case, the European Navy is always going to be superior to North America.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×