You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xPredatorGodx

Musashi Magazine armour needs a buff

30 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,015 battles

I have been getting detonated in my Musashi more and more frequently, it seems like any BB shell and even some CA shells are connecting with my magazine extremely easily and just auto detonating me, its getting to the point that im just not wanting to play the ship anymore since i shouldnt have to run Detonation flags for every game in a battleship let alone the supposedly most armored battleship class in the game. I had only ever been detonated once before and now ive been detonated 11 times out of my 76 battles in my Musashi, this is starting to get absurd

WorldOfWarships_2018-02-03_23-39-11.png

WorldOfWarships_2018-02-03_23-40-43.png

Edited by xPredatorGodx

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles

You might want to get the magazine protection mod equipment mounted if it's happening often since it gives you +100% to magazine protection, but comes at the cost of not having the protection modules for main guns or protection for auxiliary armaments.

Of course Detonation Flags work fairly well also.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,654 posts
8,034 battles

Detonation is RNG.

Put some detonation flag if you think you'll get detonated.  Only flags works against detonation. 

[CPU]
[CPU]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
275 posts
4,987 battles

Cant say I have bin Detonated in mine yet maybe try magazine mod 1 for -70%

[WOLF6]
Members
1,786 posts
4,807 battles

Man, really hate to see a BB have some vulnerabilities. Especially one with ridiculous armor, guns and credit printing capabilities.

DD drivers know they MUST use the flags, as A) they have ZERO protection and can get detonated by ANY class ship at ANY time, and B) the flags they need to reach single digit fire starting on HE require flags that enhance that chance.

Struggling to find sympathy.

#quityerbitchin'

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

That does seem highly unusual.  Have you used the Juliet-Charlie signal a lot of times over a long period of time, then stopped using it when you played the Musashi?

I noticed that, for example, after using the signal over hundreds of matches in detonation-prone ships, then stopped using the signal after that period, and suddenly you start suffering a bunch of detonations in quick succession.  Even in battleships.  It's like detonations work on some kind of quota system and are "catching up" so that the detonation rate lines back up to your rough average, about 1 in 75-100 matches.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

So you got det. in a mushsi and the first thing you do is CRY BUFF Whats up with that?

Members
474 posts
8,398 battles

I was detonated on my first Musashi battle, while at near 100% health.  OMG my ration is every battle on her I was detonated!  For one battle.  Hasn't happened since.  (was a torpedo by the way).   I don't mind detonations.  They happen so infrequently that I use the free 10 flags to store up for ranked battles.  Sucks you had some bad luck there, but there are ways to limit it.  Mind you DD's get detonated the MOST out of any ship class in game.

[RUSHB]
Members
863 posts
7,847 battles

This damn ships needs absolutely NO BUFFS.  It is a giant OP nonsense ship at Tier 9. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles
5 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

I was detonated on my first Musashi battle, while at near 100% health.  OMG my ration is every battle on her I was detonated!  For one battle.  Hasn't happened since.  (was a torpedo by the way).   I don't mind detonations.  They happen so infrequently that I use the free 10 flags to store up for ranked battles.  Sucks you had some bad luck there, but there are ways to limit it.  Mind you DD's get detonated the MOST out of any ship class in game.

Yeah seems like most of my detonations in BBs has been from Torpedoes which can be brutal since usually seems to happens when you have high HP as well.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,391 battles

use the det flags. i will say the yammy and musashi are really squishy due to their odd citadel but well run the flags you have now.

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
2 hours ago, xPredatorGodx said:

i shouldnt have to run Detonation flags for every game

Are you already equipping 8 flags & don't have room for the det flag? If so...whenever you run out of 1 of those 8 you now have something to replace it with...& if not what's the problem?

It sounds like you have a stockpile of at least 110...what are you saving them for? Well...whatever it is...you now have at least 110 saved up for that...so...that's good right?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

Man, really hate to see a BB have some vulnerabilities. Especially one with ridiculous armor, guns and credit printing capabilities.

DD drivers know they MUST use the flags, as A) they have ZERO protection and can get detonated by ANY class ship at ANY time, and B) the flags they need to reach single digit fire starting on HE require flags that enhance that chance.

Struggling to find sympathy.

Well, there's this ...

1 hour ago, JochenHeiden said:

This damn ships needs absolutely NO BUFFS.  It is a giant OP nonsense ship at Tier 9. 

And then there's this ...

1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

So you got det. in a mushsi and the first thing you do is CRY BUFF Whats up with that?

And ... finally ... this.

And that's all the news that is the news ... Back to you in the studio!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

If you haven't been Detonated in every one of your ships at least once... are you truly playing WoWS? 

(Fingers crossed I'm still yet to be Detonated in my Hood or Missouri without flags)

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

Looking at your stats in Musashi, id say shes doing just fine for you.  The occasional detonation doesnt seem to hurting you too much.

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You might want to get the magazine protection mod equipment mounted if it's happening often since it gives you +100% to magazine protection, but comes at the cost of not having the protection modules for main guns or protection for auxiliary armaments.

Mod is +70% and therefore doesn't grant immunity from detonations.

Signal OTOH is "+100%" and grants immunity from detonations regardless of what your percentage (affected by the mod and signals) comes out to (even if it is less than 100%, say because you're running India X-Ray or the extra flooding signal).

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

There are ships I might feel bad for but Mushy isn't one of them. 

lol obviously you have not attacked a Musashi using a CV yet lol, you almost have to pity the poor Musashi since they did not give it much of any AA really, and since those Mogami turrets Musashi uses as secondary turrets shoot AP it is also not much of a problem getting nice and close for a torpedo run in a DD either.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

lol obviously you have not attacked a Musashi using a CV yet lol, you almost have to pity the poor Musashi since they did not give it much of any AA really, and since those Mogami turrets Musashi uses as secondary turrets shoot AP it is also not much of a problem getting nice and close for a torpedo run in a DD either.

You mean the ship has a weakness? MY GOD. Does WG know about this? /rolleyes

Your statement sounds like you're implying there should be no weakness to the ship. Is that what you are trying to say? Play any number of destroyer in game and see how stellar your AA is. Plenty of ships have junk level AA, it's about balance, remember?

Should we pity the poor overmatch too? 

Members
4 posts
2,015 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 2:06 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you already equipping 8 flags & don't have room for the det flag? If so...whenever you run out of 1 of those 8 you now have something to replace it with...& if not what's the problem?

It sounds like you have a stockpile of at least 110...what are you saving them for? Well...whatever it is...you now have at least 110 saved up for that...so...that's good right?

no i do not have a stockpile of the flags because a lot of these detonations are happening in the same day after i run out of the Det flags

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Canadatron said:

Your statement sounds like you're implying there should be no weakness to the ship

The OPs statement implied that...this guy just implied that he enjoys taking advantage of it's weaknesses.

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
26 minutes ago, xPredatorGodx said:

no i do not have a stockpile of the flags because a lot of these detonations are happening in the same day after i run out of the Det flags

You've only had 76 battles...that should leave you w/34 det flags left out of the 110...unless you used them on other ships while being aware that you were overly detonating in this one...hmm.