Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shadowrigger1

Oh, It happened, Baby !

20 comments in this topic

Supertester
416 posts
5,903 battles

Still trying to get mine. I came so close a while ago in my Mahan. I was at very low HP and plane spotted, with a point lead after rushing a full HP enemy Gneisenau and sinking it, trying to avoid shots from a New Mexico and an Atago, but a Shiratsuyu got a shot at me and sunk me 2 seconds away from my Solo Warrior.

Two seconds away! Sunk by an IJN DD.

At the time Shira still had TRB and Smoke, so I guess WG felt bad for me and gave that Shira a good ol' nerfing. If only they didn't nerfed mine as well...

Last time I saw someone get a Solo Warrior, it was a Ranger on my team who happened to be the 3rd worst player on the team. It was one of those cases where the rest of the team played really well and kept control of the map, but eventually the enemy managed to capitalize on their superior numbers and air support and sink everyone, but by the time they managed to take complete control over the map, our points lead was too big to be reversed, and all the Ranger had to do was survive, and he woudln't have done it if the battle had lasted one more minute.

Regardless, great job on getting your own Solo Warrior. The battle results definitely suggest that you earned it with hard work. :Smile_honoring:

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

I have two, and frankly I only deserved about half of one.

That being said, welcome to the club. Do tell us the story of your battle?

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Usually there is no glory in getting solo warrior.  In all of the cases where I saw this award given, the team with single ship left had large points advantage, and the last ship run away hiding.  Alas, OP shows screenshot with time expired and game won on points.

[PVE]
Members
8,908 posts
7,305 battles
4 hours ago, centarina said:

congrats and at t10 at that.   good job

+1

congrats and good job as well.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
4 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Usually there is no glory in getting solo warrior.  In all of the cases where I saw this award given, the team with single ship left had large points advantage, and the last ship run away hiding.  Alas, OP shows screenshot with time expired and game won on points.

"Glory" in this case meaning he survived to carry the rest of the team—as do all non-AFK Solo Warrior recipients. It doesn't matter how he did it, it's still an achievement going up against four or more hostiles and keeping an even keel. If that's not glory to you, then you must've been "that guy" who blows his chance at a Solo Warrior by getting yourself killed when you didn't have to fight.

It's like in football, when all one team has to do is take a couple of knees and secure the win, but instead the coach puts on a regular play. The snap gets fumbled, the opposing team picks it up, and takes it in for a game-winning score.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
6 hours ago, Harv72b said:

Replay or it didn't happen. :Smile-_tongue:

5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

h8ters gonna hate !

Replay !!!

I wasn't like  I am god. but Fudge it , I got a solo warrior after shoot.. it's been over a year and a half.

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
17,238 battles

Congrats bud, good job, there really hard to get

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Awesome job - SW's are as rare as hens teeth, and in my mind - the epitome of the "heroic achievements" - as it generally requires a great game by the recipient, despite a team collapsing around them (discounting AFK SW's, of course).

I've been fortunate enough to have had 4 in my WOWS "career" - though only one was an "honest" SW, earned by taking on the last four ships of the red team and killing all of them.  Got it in a St Louis (the T3 US cruiser) very early on, and the last few minutes were so hectic, I didn't even realize I had earned the SW until the results page came up.  Unfortunately, it happened very early in my WOWS days, before I had replays turned on.

This is a replay of the last one I earned - in a Khab, against a team that included Notser (though I don't think he survived until the end).  Earned it through cap points and finished on the run - but a fun game anyway!

How are you enjoying that 52?  I held off purchasing one for quite a while, as I was digging the 46 so much - but when I finally pulled the trigger, I wondered why I had held off so long.  Its currently my favorite of the T9/10 DDs (though to be fair, I haven't gone up the PA line, yet).

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

Congratz sir!  I've got a few SWs myself.. they are probably the hardest to get, so savor your achievement! :Smile_medal:

B

Sign in to follow this