Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ghostdog1355

Tales from the DogPound: Episode 5

8 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.LdPDyJFihbDTH6cJnpIeaAHaFy&pidth?id=OIP.iVIVxHiBtfulCnyddH7opAAAAA&pid6920911252_58a7c49867_n.jpgth?id=OIP.SLrxuR7nE37KfEmee2YXAQHaFk&pid Well Lester the cat had a plan. It was so far fetched it was unbelievable. Skip, Butkuss amd Pipi started forming plans with Lester's input. Pipi trained up the pups to obey commands from the sailors and men on board the ships. Skip paired off 2 dogs per ship there that lay in the port of Galveston. Butkuss studied the comings and goings of the crews.

One night Lester said "Ghost we are ready sir"

Six months earlier we had escaped from the pound. Misfits, castaways, strays. Now we think we can help the USN fight unseen forces we can't comprehend. I look over at the cat and say "Skip, Butkuss and Pipi, ready?" "Sir all the crew are mustered awaiting your command" Skip says.

Lester says "Ghost, a word from you to the crew may go a long way Sir." "Yea, I understand, I say."

"Ghost, just be yourself Butkuss says." The whole crew is in front of me ready for my orders. Ghostdog, a stray runaway dog now leading a ragtag bunch of other throwaways. I turn and look at the ships moored in Galveston harbor. I think of the men who have fought. I am numb to a point. And then something came over me.

A feeling like no other. I just got confidence to lead. I get up and walk down the line looking at my crew. Feeling Proud.

Stop in front and say "I don't where this journey will take us. Those men need us. Each of you have a duty to take care of those sailors and learn the workings of those ships. You will all be going into harms way and some may not come back. I expect you to do your duty and I have no qualms that you will not uphold the reputation of the members of the DogPound."

"Today and forever now, we are not strays, runaways or misfits, we are the crew of the DogPound!" Dogs are howling, tails are a wagging and all are barking. Lester the cat has a smug let's get them look on his face. He strolls over and says "Captain, crew of the DogPound?" "Yea. That's going to be the name of our ship when we get one" I say.

I stand there and look at the ships in the harbor. I turn to my crew and give my first orders as a Captain with confidence.

"Commander Skip, Chief Butkuss, Ensign Pippi and Ensign Lester, deploy our forces as necessary."

To be Continued......

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,809 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.LdPDyJFihbDTH6cJnpIeaAHaFy&pidth?id=OIP.iVIVxHiBtfulCnyddH7opAAAAA&pid6920911252_58a7c49867_n.jpgth?id=OIP.SLrxuR7nE37KfEmee2YXAQHaFk&pid Well Lester the cat had a plan. It was so far fetched it was unbelievable. Skip, Butkuss amd Pipi started forming plans with Lester's input. Pipi trained up the pups to obey commands from the sailors and men on board the ships. Skip paired off 2 dogs per ship there that lay in the port of Galveston. Butkuss studied the comings and goings of the crews.

One night Lester said "Ghost we are ready sir"

Six months earlier we had escaped from the pound. Misfits, castaways, strays. Now we think we can help the USN fight unseen forces we can't comprehend. I look over at the cat and say "Skip, Butkuss and Pipi, ready?" "Sir all the crew are mustered awaiting your command" Skip says.

Lester says "Ghost, a word from you to the crew may go a long way Sir." "Yea, I understand, I say."

"Ghost, just be yourself Butkuss says." The whole crew is in front of me ready for my orders. Ghostdog, a stray runaway dog now leading a ragtag bunch of other throwaways. I turn and look at the ships moored in Galveston harbor. I think of the men who have fought. I am numb to a point. And then something came over me.

A feeling like no other. I just got confidence to lead. I get up and walk down the line looking at my crew. Feeling Proud.

Stop in front and say "I don't where this journey will take us. Those men need us. Each of you have a duty to take care of those sailors and learn the workings of those ships. You will all be going into harms way and some may not come back. I expect you to do your duty and I have no qualms that you will not uphold the reputation of the members of the DogPound."

"Today and forever now, we are not strays, runaways or misfits, we are the crew of the DogPound!" Dogs are howling, tails are a wagging and all are barking. Lester the cat has a smug let's get them look on his face. He strolls over and says "Captain, crew of the DogPound?" "Yea. That's going to be the name of our ship when we get one" I say.

I stand there and look at the ships in the harbor. I turn to my crew and give my first orders as a Captain with confidence.

"Commander Skip, Chief Butkuss, Ensign Pippi and Ensign Lester, deploy our forces as necessary."

To be Continued......

Interesting but you seem to missing  a few, where is that glowing eyes group of dogs and who are they some sought of cult of dogs :Smile_ohmy: 

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

Interesting but you seem to missing  a few, where is that glowing eyes group of dogs and who are they some sought of cult of dogs :Smile_ohmy: 

th?id=OIP.pJpkZ-Q1FnK-QT6a12TyEQHaEK&pidThe other officers of the DogPound

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, tm63au said:

We actually pick those guys up later on after we got our own ship. We found them on an island while investigating a derelict German cruiser. They had some kind of spell cast on them and their eyes  remained glowing after the spell was broken.

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,809 battles
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

We actually pick those guys up later on after we got our own ship. We found them on an island while investigating a derelict German cruiser. They had some kind of spell cast on them and their eyes  remained glowing after the spell was broken.

looking forward to hearing more about them

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, tm63au said:

working on six right now

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:44 AM, Snargfargle said:

Lester looks like one of those cats that you'd best not trifle with.

episode 6 in awhile

Sign in to follow this