You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LA_Kid

Hostile Takeover?

15 comments in this topic

[PLAY]
[PLAY]
Members
94 posts
7,575 battles

I started my clan The Playboys, about seven months ago. My motivation was to have a group of players who wanted to have familiar teamates and play together in divisions, co-op, clan battles etc..My wife told me "No one will want to join a clan called the Playboys". After 43 days I was beginning to believe her, then I met a player (will not name), who I liked and invited him into my clan. After he joined I decided that he should be the commander because he knew a lot more about clans than I did and i did not want to be responsible for running this clan as a inexperienced gamer. As the weeks passed we both invited more in and our clan grew to almost thirty right before Clan Battles started. I am a 63 yr old Viet Nam U.S. Navy veteran and my new commander was a 26 yr old full time gamer. I made the mistake of thinking that the gaming world was different than the bricks and mortar world and I woke up today and found that my clan of 32 had become 4. Myself and three deputy commanders were left. We have a fully set up base with all perks and a member cap of 40. I learned a lesson in playing online games. It is like the "bricks and mortar world". There are those out there who place the game above honor and friendship. I am currently inviting players to join my clan who want to play for fun and not to place this game above honor and respect for fellow layers.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles
6 minutes ago, LA_Kid said:

I started my clan The Playboys, about seven months ago. My motivation was to have a group of players who wanted to have familiar teamates and play together in divisions, co-op, clan battles etc..My wife told me "No one will want to join a clan called the Playboys". After 43 days I was beginning to believe her, then I met a player (will not name), who I liked and invited him into my clan. After he joined I decided that he should be the commander because he knew a lot more about clans than I did and i did not want to be responsible for running this clan as a inexperienced gamer. As the weeks passed we both invited more in and our clan grew to almost thirty right before Clan Battles started. I am a 63 yr old Viet Nam U.S. Navy veteran and my new commander was a 26 yr old full time gamer. I made the mistake of thinking that the gaming world was different than the bricks and mortar world and I woke up today and found that my clan of 32 had become 4. Myself and three deputy commanders were left. We have a fully set up base with all perks and a member cap of 40. I learned a lesson in playing online games. It is like the "bricks and mortar world". There are those out there who place the game above honor and friendship. I am currently inviting players to join my clan who want to play for fun and not to place this game above honor and respect for fellow layers.

Looks like a win win then, he got a bunch of friends and built you a great base, then left with his friends to do his own thing. 

MCGA wishes your clan luck!

Beta Testers
102 posts
10,642 battles

it happens but is not something bad cause sometimes thats what is needed to keep improving....anyways gl with the Playboys!

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,799 posts
18,729 battles

I remember an old rock group I believe it was jerry Lewis the late comedian oldest son which was the lead singer Gary Lewis and the Playboys   

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

I'd only call it a takeover if he took your base.  You can rebuild with someone who will be more upfront with you.  Enjoy your bonuses until then!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Hostile takeover would have left you out of the clan entirely. This was a mass exodus away from you. 

• Bad 1

[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
270 posts
1,489 battles

Bad stuff but not with out perks.  Rebuild and enjoy the base!  Good luck!

[S_C]
Members
52 posts
1,185 battles

If you are interested in a group with structure and honor you may like ATLAS and ATL2S. I have a thread here full of details if you want to read it.

[PLAY]
[PLAY]
Members
94 posts
7,575 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 12:30 AM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Hostile takeover would have left you out of the clan entirely. This was a mass exodus away from you. 

I used the term "Hostile take over" because of the method that was used. One of the members who left with the previous commander I had just unwittingly appointed as a deputy commander. Before he left he used his authority to exclude all of the members except myself and three other DC's. Some have returned to find out why they were kicked and are back in. It has been a few days now and I am recovering from the event. I appreciate all of the comments and advice posted in response. Thank You!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, LA_Kid said:

I used the term "Hostile take over" because of the method that was used. One of the members who left with the previous commander I had just unwittingly appointed as a deputy commander. Before he left he used his authority to exclude all of the members except myself and three other DC's. Some have returned to find out why they were kicked and are back in. It has been a few days now and I am recovering from the event. I appreciate all of the comments and advice posted in response. Thank You!

That seems to be going on alot. Some member/ or members think it is funny to boot others from the Clan. My solution was to promote ALL members to Deputy Commander. now no one can remove another.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
9 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

That seems to be going on alot. Some member/ or members think it is funny to boot others from the Clan. My solution was to promote ALL members to Deputy Commander. now no one can remove another.

LoL I did that too, for that reason and if I need to take a break I can.

Members
2 posts
1,604 battles

Hey bro, I am looking for a clan, I am prior service USA. Noncom. Infantry, Coms, and MP. spent 14yrs in service, till injured,  I was a in various operations in my time to include Panama, 1st gulf war, LA riots etc... 

I would like to speak with you about membership.

Thanks. 

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles

Enjoy Your Base Captain - Good Luck Recruiting -

Edited by 05Chopp