You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Dreadnaught Award

27 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
7,016 battles

What is the easiest way to get the Dreadnaught award? I need to use Tier 8 or up - so I have the Bismark. And I don't care necessarily about even winning the battle - just want to get the award in the context of a challenge and move on. Strategies/tactics? Thanks in advance.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

Attract an Atlanta.

Survive and win the battle and get your Dreadnought with a Fireproof on top to boot.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
12 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Attract an Atlanta.

Survive and win the battle and get your Dreadnought with a Fireproof on top to boot.

The flaw with this plan is that its impossible to survive an atlanta.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,629 battles

Getting a Dreadnought on purpose takes a properly built ship/captain and a bit of luck.

For the ship you need premium Damage Control and Repair Party. For the Captain you need Superintendent and maybe Fire Prevention. But considering its a Bismark I really think you need to put skill points into AFT and Manual Secondaries because those two skills make the Bis/Tirp fun to play. Also the flag that adds 20% to you heal will help. 

Now for the Luck part. You need to get 4 ships to target you BB and do damage that exceeds 120% of your HP. So pick a flank and start tanking near a cap but don't push to far forward you don't want to get all the enemies focus. Next let one fire Burn out, two or three fires need to be put out but one fire can be healed back. If the heat is becoming to much than back off safely. If you are keeping the enemy between your secondary range [I hope you have a max secondary build Bis] and your max gun range you should be able to disengage, drop off detection and pop a few heals. Remember you only get the Dreadnought award if you live. So you need to be taking damage and healing But not Dying. 

Also be aware trying to get a Dreadnought is liable to get you sunk. I know from doing Campaign Tasks that the moment I have a Task to earn a medal is the point I will never see that medal again. I once needed to earn a Liquidator medal, task stood for over a month and didn't happen. New Time Limited Campaign happened, cleared all my tasks to start work on New Tasks and the very next game I earned a Liquidator. (-‸ლ)

Good luck and good hunting. 

:cap_cool:

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
38 minutes ago, manon45 said:

The flaw with this plan is that its impossible to survive an atlanta.

BVFz2DJ.gif

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
6 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

BVFz2DJ.gif

That was a good movie gaudio.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

was a GREAT movie

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

was a GREAT movie

Don't go shaky on me Bob.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

What is the easiest way to get the Dreadnaught award? I need to use Tier 8 or up - so I have the Bismark. And I don't care necessarily about even winning the battle - just want to get the award in the context of a challenge and move on. Strategies/tactics? Thanks in advance.

Ok big thing is you will want Superintendent Captain skill, plus Premium Damage control and Repair Party Consumables which can be gained from missions or you can switch the cost over to credits if you don't want to spend Doubloons.

Other big thing is to balance your attacks and retreats so that you can do damage, and then be able to regenerate your HP. By the end of the battle you can easily enough get Dreadnaught award since I have gotten a ton of those awards lol.

Do not intentionally try to soak up damage fir the award since that will rarely work out. Just be mid range and close range brawler in your Bismarck and be smart about it and the accidental damage will stack up enough to get Dreadnaught award as long as you managed your HP levels properly. Not uncommon at all for me to burn through all of my Repair Parties because I needed to replace large amounts of HP throughout the battle.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
45 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

BVFz2DJ.gif

38 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

35 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

was a GREAT movie

30 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Don't go shaky on me Bob.

When I saw it the first time on DVD I was amazed at how good it was !  And I am a VERY critical Sci-Fi fan when it comes to movies .  Definitely one of my all time favorites now ( have watched it 5 times now ) .

:Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
12 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

When I saw it the first time on DVD I was amazed at how good it was !  And I am a VERY critical Sci-Fi fan when it comes to movies .  Definitely one of my all time favorites now ( have watched it 5 times now ) .

If you like that movie you also might like Tron Legacy since same director did both films

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you like that movie you also might like Tron Legacy since same director did both films

was good.

I liked it and and listen to the soundtrack when I pay WOWS...(I am a Daft Punk fan), I though Oblivion was fantastic, and more "impressive" , but they were both fantastic...

Now as a BTW... I AM A HUGE, Blade Runner FAN (AWESOME MOVIE!!!!

... and 2049..... now THAT is a movie to see if you liked the first one even a little

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Saw that and liked it also .

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

Blade Runner FAN (AWESOME MOVIE!!!!

Same just waiting to get the new one later this month .

1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

... and 2049

???  I do not remember seeing that any where or is that Blade Runner 2 ?

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
1 minute ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Same just waiting to get the new one later this month .

???  I do not remember seeing that any where or is that Blade Runner 2 ?

yes.. Blade Runner 2049

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
32 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I think the only movie I liked and saw more times is The Martian..
BY far one of my Favorite Sci Fi movies... and Matt pulled this one off brilliantly..

Spoiler

my favorite line in the movie...

4VhiE5F.gif

Edited by pmgaudio

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
5 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

The Martian

Yes MUCH better then Elysium !

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Yes MUCH better then Elysium !

Oh GOD YES....

But still ALL the Bourne movies were FANTASTIC, including the last one

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
6 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Oh GOD YES....

But still ALL the Bourne movies were FANTASTIC, including the last one

Just could not get into those myself . Not that much of a spy/thriller type fan . Lol ; I am old and stick to Bond (the old school ones) .

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Excellent movie

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
1 hour ago, pmgaudio said:

I think the only movie I liked and saw more times is The Martian..

Excellent movie. Hardships and perseverance. You like Gravity with Sandra Bullock?

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Excellent movie. Hardships and perseverance. You like Gravity with Sandra Bullock?

The "Passengers" is good also.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
11 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

I'm going to assume it's for a T8+ challenge?...? 

Honestly the vast majority of Dreadnought Medals I've received came from Atago / Takao. Basically what happens would be I played a bit overly aggressive, ate too many Penetrations (non-citadels), then played at arms reach for the remainder of the match. 

If Bismarck is all you have then I've got a crazy idea you might want to try... swap out DCM1 and DCM2. Yes the idea is ludicrous, but the only way to get a Dreadnought is if you have received and healed up enough damage. If your CMDR is partially a survivability build, then that might be enough damage mitigation to keep you alive. 

Just remember, if you do decide to go with it, you're probably going to have a "bad time". But if acquiring Dreadnought Medals is that essential... risk/rage vs rewards?