LeavingForever

FPS starts out at 76 and goes to 7 fps during game

16 comments in this topic

Members
101 posts

The title says it all, I have done numerous fixes, patches and other things related, I am just getting done with this tbh, been suffering from phantom lag on ONLY THIS GAME for a year now. I honestly have no clue how to fix this, wargaming was even baffled in a ticket. I have a decent PC, no I am way to lazy to paste the fu<king specs, I am going to simply say this, I can play doom, usually 60 fps average in 1444p sometimes even 4k. If I can play games with absolute strain like that with no issues, I have no idea why I drop into unplayable fps. 

I'm just going to probably sell my account, got plenty of rares on it. I don't have a reason to keep it. Plenty of exotics on my account, will probably sell it for pretty penny. I don't see a point in having it anymore. Unless this can get fixed. I am absolutely brought to depression at this point. 

If anyone here has a miracle fix for the game. I will personally buy you whatever you damn want on the market place. Seriously, I am that desperate. Love you all and this is probably my last post. 

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles

I'm not a expert but I will do my best to help you out. We don't want to lose a player because of an fps issue. There is a chance your have a high-end setup that this game isn't setup. you may need to dumb your setup.

Edited by SoftAndCute

Members
101 posts
1 minute ago, SoftAndCute said:

I'm not a expert but I will do my best to help you out. We don't want to lose a player because of an fps issue.

I like the Bender icon. It's cute. Welp, I've done all the windows registry fixes and command prompt stuff, sadly I have run out of ideas. 

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts

Big game studios usually have their games highly optimized ,so you can't really compare it to this one.Game is a lot more cpu dependent ,than it should be. You can try switching between dx9-and dx11 modes. Also would be  a great idea to use some sort of hardware monitoring app while you are playing,,so you can see if any components can`t keep up with the demand? Like maxed out cpu core, overheating  gpu,,or whatever. Also,try to change in your video card settings,the display scaling options, for some reason unity game engine can be affected by that...

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles

I looked at your posts and I now understand your frustration. Looks like you started having prob since April updates and all you have been do is trying to fix this dam fps issue. I am going use the Forum so other fellow gamer can see something WG tech support missed and you had no problems with other games on your system. You had like 100 fps when the game stars and then went downhill.

980ti

16GBRAM

Windows 10 64bit

If you are using 4k monitor, you may want to try 1920 x 1080 or  2560x 1440 since I recall some issues at high resolution settings. I guess you also tried Safe Mod and lowest graphic settings. What happened If you do Training Room against one ship? 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles

I suggest removing your graphics drivers COMPLETELY and reinstalling them.  This has often fixed problems similar to the one you describe in your post, @TheGreatDiamondAuthority

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,687 battles

- Try different monitor resolutions?
- Try uninstall/reinstall of graphics drivers?
- Try firmware updates on modem/router?
- Set machine graphics to prioritize Performance over Quality (Easy to adjust in NVidia Control Panel, for example)
- Some other miscellaneous ideas that might help?

I'd hate to see anyone who likes the game end up leaving over an FPS issue with a good machine. I hope someone here can help you find the answer, brother.

Respects,

Am

Members
4,138 posts

I've had the opposite problem today.  My game starts out around 10fps and goes up as the game goes on.

Members
101 posts
5 hours ago, Amracil said:

- Try different monitor resolutions?
- Try uninstall/reinstall of graphics drivers?
- Try firmware updates on modem/router?
- Set machine graphics to prioritize Performance over Quality (Easy to adjust in NVidia Control Panel, for example)
- Some other miscellaneous ideas that might help?

I'd hate to see anyone who likes the game end up leaving over an FPS issue with a good machine. I hope someone here can help you find the answer, brother.

Respects,

Am

- Resolutions do nothing sadly

- Drivers change nothing. I tried this one a lot, I really figured it'd work.

- My router should be fine. 

- I tried prioritized task and that didn't change anything.

I thank you for the help but I am unsure there is a fix, it's a mystery. I thank yo uthough for the support man. Ugh.

Members
101 posts
5 hours ago, SoftAndCute said:

I looked at your posts and I now understand your frustration. Looks like you started having prob since April updates and all you have been do is trying to fix this dam fps issue. I am going use the Forum so other fellow gamer can see something WG tech support missed and you had no problems with other games on your system. You had like 100 fps when the game stars and then went downhill.

980ti

16GBRAM

Windows 10 64bit

If you are using 4k monitor, you may want to try 1920 x 1080 or  2560x 1440 since I recall some issues at high resolution settings. I guess you also tried Safe Mod and lowest graphic settings. What happened If you do Training Room against one ship? 

I always run my games in 1080p I just state I run things in 4k to prove I can actually run games without lag. I wouldn't DARE run wows in 4k hahaha it'd explode probably if I did that.

Members
101 posts
21 hours ago, SoftAndCute said:

980ti

16GBRAM

Windows 10 64bit

Unsure who's thread that is, it's clearly not mine.

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,758 battles

sorry I pasted the wrong one when I was looking at the history. 

[UDEAD]
Members
16 posts
10,100 battles

Oddly enough AV can eat your bandwidth in some MMOs. I'd look at the task manager and see whats eating your resourses. Look at both services and netwoking tabs.

Members
101 posts
14 hours ago, RustyTrax said:

Oddly enough AV can eat your bandwidth in some MMOs. I'd look at the task manager and see whats eating your resourses. Look at both services and netwoking tabs.

What?

Members
101 posts
On 2/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, RustyTrax said:

I figured it out, it's actually killer network service. Don't use it. It can crush your fps. I figured that out.