You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

New Map?

8 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
257 posts
3,901 battles

So I hopped on the test server and something odd happened, I got onto a map I don't recognize from the main server. I didn't get its name as I only noticed after the loading screen and it booted me to the log in screen when the game ended, but I took a screenshot of in game

5a7631eec6674_Screenshot(191).thumb.png.06fac97624f93a033c482e1a9e48a161.png

I don't know, does the minimap look familiar to anyone? Did I just miss in on the live server, a test exclusive, or is it a new map coming in the next update that I didn't see announced?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Looks like the reworked Tears of the Desert map.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
257 posts
3,901 battles
3 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Looks like the reworked Tears of the Desert map.

Hrmmm :cap_hmm:

Now you say it, it does, kinda. It is quite reworked though if that is the case, which might be a good thing as I know it's a bit of an infamous map.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
257 posts
3,901 battles
Just now, Kyogia said:

NC9UXRq.png

Ah, I see I missed it. Well, I hope it is good as I know how many feel about the map, especially epicenter games.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles

I look forward to WG finally bearing down on maps and missions, now that they have filled out the German, British and French (soonTM) lines adequately. More great ships are always welcome, but maps and missions are at the heart of why we play them.

[Not a rant but I could have done so with a stiff drink or two]

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
257 posts
3,901 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I look forward to WG finally bearing down on maps and missions, now that they have filled out the German, British and French (soonTM) lines adequately. More great ships are always welcome, but maps and missions are at the heart of why we play them.

[Not a rant but I could have done so with a stiff drink or two]

Yes, the scenarios have lots of potential and I'd love to see more, but 

also, more maps are never a bad thing, and reworking old maps that had issues like here I fully support and even push.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles

Just looking at the minimap in the OP's post, the teams seem to be more engaged at somewhat shorter ranges than we currently see on the Tears map, and that has to be a good thing, I'd think.