You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Bot fragility?

18 comments in this topic

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles

Are Bots easier to pen/kill in co-op than real player ships in PvsP?  Seems so to me. Bots seem more fragile. Is this my imagination? I generally kill 2-3 bots with Scharnhorst in co-op but don't do as well killing even with good hits in random. I still got a 55% win rate in random in Scharn in real battle but I don't seem to kill reds as easily as in co-op.  Miss a lot of what I think should be kills or big damage hits.  Boo hoo.  Poor me.  Tks

[HINON]
Members
8,772 posts

You tend to get into more brawls in Coop which  makes it easier to kill them. Also bot's don't intentionally angle armor etc.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Bots Attack and are predictable in the maneuvering. They do not angle armor or wiggle as they Attack.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,309 posts
10,100 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Are Bots easier to pen/kill in co-op than real player ships in PvsP?  Seems so to me. Bots seem more fragile. Is this my imagination? I generally kill 2-3 bots with Scharnhorst in co-op but don't do as well killing even with good hits in random. I still got a 55% win rate in random in Scharn in real battle but I don't seem to kill reds as easily as in co-op.  Miss a lot of what I think should be kills or big damage hits.  Boo hoo.  Poor me.  Tks

No. Same ships with same armor and the same damage mechanics apply. Humans are not as predictable and are harder to shoot and hit. 

If you catch a human player broadside and hit it with a good salvo you will get the same damage as you get on bots. It just doesn't happen as often vs humans.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,309 posts
10,100 battles
57 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You tend to get into more brawls in Coop which  makes it easier to kill them. Also bot's don't intentionally angle armor etc.

Actually they will do that and they are very good at it. It just isn't something done all the time. If you wind up with a bot chasing you it will be very good at playing the angles. Bot BB's for example will also angle towards you if they are closing in and you are their focus. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually they will do that and they are very good at it. It just isn't something done all the time. If you wind up with a bot chasing you it will be very good at playing the angles. Bot BB's for example will also angle towards you if they are closing in and you are their focus. 

The bad part on the bots side, is while it will angle towards one player like AdmiralThunder states, a bot won't care about other players like a person will. I've seen a conga line of bots chasing a DD ignore my being perfectly set to broadside them and hit them hard. If only I was in something that fired faster than twice a minute, that conga line would have stopped right there in front of me.

@dmckay,  Like everyone here said, bots are easier as they are predictable, which is why the XP and credits in PvE are fine the way they are now.

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Bots angle and also their DD's zig zag  much much better these days. Often much better that real live players. IMO

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yes....they do. Angle. 

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Bots Attack and are predictable in the maneuvering. They do not angle armor or wiggle as they Attack.

Yes....they do.

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yes they do.  Did not early on to but they do it now. I often find bot DDs harder to hit than real players. 

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Bots angle and also their DD's zig zag  much much better these days. Often much better that real live players. IMO

Bots don't zig zag like a decent PvP player. If you fire torps with the torpedo indicator on, the bot will dodge, but they won't dodge very well if it is off.

Just now, dmckay said:

Yes....they do. Angle. 

The angle, but not like a player angles.

Yes....they do.

They wiggle very little compared to people and when they do wiggle, it is predictable. It is not like bots are super easy, but they are not super hard either.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

One thing that I like is that the bots are programmed to go into smoke and spot you. I was in a game today where one DD in smoke held five of my team stationary because nobody wanted to be the one to go in and spot it.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

One thing that I like is that the bots are programmed to go into smoke and spot you. I was in a game today where one DD in smoke held five of my team stationary because nobody wanted to be the one to go in and spot it.

Oh yeah, bots push and push hard. Most of the time too hard.

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
51 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Bots don't zig zag like a decent PvP player. If you fire torps with the torpedo indicator on, the bot will dodge, but they won't dodge very well if it is off.

The angle, but not like a player angles.

They wiggle very little compared to people and when they do wiggle, it is predictable. It is not like bots are super easy, but they are not super hard either.

You should maybe put in there "some" real players. Some real players sail straight, don't angle, and maneuver worst than a bot.  "SOME"....not all but many. We all see that all the time. Dunno. Seems to me. Not a huge issue but it was not until I got to tier 7 that I began losing to bots. Never had that happen before. Just saying.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles

You should maybe put in there "some" real players. Some real players sail straight, don't angle, and maneuver worst than a bot.  "SOME"....not all but many. We all see that all the time. Dunno. Seems to me. Not a huge issue but it was not until I got to tier 7 that I began losing to bots. Never had that happen before. Just saying.

No problem and I agree. There are some players who drive worse than bots. But as a general rule, players out play bots over time. You may lose some battles at higher tier PvE, but that is by design. The bots get a lot more accurate. They will focus one player down. They will know where you are when nothing else is in visible range. They cheat, because they are not as good as people. They don't make mistakes outside of their programming and people derp up at times.

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No problem and I agree. There are some players who drive worse than bots. But as a general rule, players out play bots over time. You may lose some battles at higher tier PvE, but that is by design. The bots get a lot more accurate. They will focus one player down. They will know where you are when nothing else is in visible range. They cheat, because they are not as good as people. They don't make mistakes outside of their programming and people derp up at times.

Tks.  BUT look at my original post.  I asked if bots are more fragile.  Go down easier. All things even, I find it harder to kill a real ship sailing straight and dumb than I do a bot. Do you think bots are more fragile?  Go down easier? Easier to pen?  Kill.  Blow up.  Etc. etc. blah blah. Carry on. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
18 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Tks.  BUT look at my original post.  I asked if bots are more fragile.  Go down easier. All things even, I find it harder to kill a real ship sailing straight and dumb than I do a bot. Do you think bots are more fragile?  Go down easier? Easier to pen?  Kill.  Blow up.  Etc. etc. blah blah. Carry on. :Smile_honoring:

No. People go down easy too if you hit them right. It is just easier to hit bots right. They both go down easy when hit right. Bots also mismanage their DC using it immediately when they do not necessarily need to, which most players do not do.

Members
4,438 posts
6,121 battles
10 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

No. People go down easy too if you hit them right. It is just easier to hit bots right. They both go down easy when hit right. Bots also mismanage their DC using it immediately when they do not necessarily need to, which most players do not do.

Wlll like I said it could be my imagination.

• Cool 1