You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabene

So... flags.

9 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
379 posts
22,728 battles

I have 46 flags in my flag locker.  Forty-six.

For most of my ships I can fly but one flag at a time.  For IJN ships, thanks to the Yamamoto campaign, two flags are possible.

Flags, in general, are hard to spot on a ship that is not your own.  Oh, you can zoom in and see but that takes time you may not have.

So, flags are largely just for me to see on my own ship.  Okay.

Well, here is what I know:

- I know that WG puts great effort into producing these flags.  Some are historical, some are just for fun, some are rewards, but all took effort to produce.

- I know that all of us wish we could fly more flags on our ships.

- I know that we also wish other folks could see the flags we are flying.  

- I know WG uses flags as an incentive to players to pursue/complete tasks

- I know that of the 46 flags in my flag locker only one (military month) offers bonuses of any kind.  Not even the three Jolly Roger flags I have from ranking out have any bonuses.  

Soo...

Here's my reality:

- new flags being offered, should they continue to have no in-game bonus/effect, are largely just a waste of WG's time.  Pretty as they may be...if I can't fly them and have them provide some benefit of some sort then they just sit and gather dust in my flag locker

- I WANT to fly more flags on my ships.  WG made this possible in a limited manner for IJN ships.  I am hopeful it will be the case for other ships.

- I want to sell/delete at least half of the flags I have now.

Here's an idea:

We recently had emblems introduced to the game.  These emblems get flashed at any opponent we happen to sink.  I think that is kind of fun.  

If 'flashing' is possible for an emblem then why could it not be possible for a flag?  Could we not have the flag we fly flashed as well?  Or, if desired, instead of the emblem?

I have obtained the destroyer elite emblem....but I would much rather have my Jolly Roger III flag flash at my victims.  Much more effort and value attached to that JR3 and am proud to fly it in battle.

Summary:

- flags are cute, yes, but largely unseen and unused

- would like the use of flags to expand in number and benefits

- would like to flash my flag at victims instead of, or in addition to, an emblem.

Thank you for your consideration,

Sabene

[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
114 posts
6,274 battles

Maybe the emblem superimposed over the flag as a background? I don't think that's such a bad idea

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

I think the one time I really see flags on other people's ships is when I spectate.

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts

Yep. It sure would be nice to fly a 'fun' flag on my ships.

But I am one of the lucky guys who has the Memorial Day flag from back in the day. I am never going to say no to +5% XP, credits, etc.

So I have a bunch of useless flags that WG spent time making that no one will ever see.

(The playerbase had been asking to fly multiple flags forever, but WG said it was 'impossible' - then lo and behold - it's possible (I know copy/pasting the flag coding to another wire was tough...). But then WG in their wisdom locked it behind a massive grind gate - and for one nation only. Brilliant! :cap_book:)

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles

Other possibility: any chance of being able to trade an unwanted flag for some wanted signals?  Just the ones which can be purchased in the premium store, I mean...nothing that directly affects gameplay.

Members
1,243 posts
20,622 battles
6 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

But I am one of the lucky guys who has the Memorial Day flag from back in the day. I am never going to say no to +5% XP, credits, etc.

Yes.

I think that WG know this, but won't do anything to remedy it.

It's not like it's a secret club that new players don't know about.

It's just one of those things, like new players aren't going to get ARP ships, etc. - no big deal.

[RNG]
Members
11 posts
4,808 battles

What about putting your emblem on a flag and flying that??  I would like that idea. Make the flag bigger so it can be seen too.  

But I am like the OP, no incentive for me not to fly my Military Month flag.   

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have the Military Month Flag as well What I would like is the Flag Pole to have the bonus and Then any flag I choose would have the bonus.