You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Anyone trying out World of Warships Blitz?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,030 posts

The game seems to be quickly downloaded between 1 to 5 million already, with a 4.4 out of 5 rating.    

Definitely need to fill the trees.    Interesting to note some changes in the ships and trees.  Yubari for example, has her proper six 140mm guns, and in her original configuration as she was made.  The Yubari in the PC game is that of a mid WW2 refit.  Takao has replaced Mogami in Tier 8, Pensacola has replaced the Cleveland in Tier 6, and the Wichita --- not yet seen in the PC game --- sits at Tier 8.   These decisions feels like "what we could have done differently if we were to start the game again."

Looks like a very promising start to the game.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

I played it just a bit (like 3-4 matches), I just can't get into mobile games like that, touch screens are inadequate controls.

• Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Something tells me they ditched Mogami for Takao because they dumped the whole modules system and just went for straight up upgrades to HP pool and shell damage.

And only one caliber of secondary gun is available for every ship, which means, well... Rip 127mm and 105mm dual purpose guns on Japanese battleships and German battleships(not in game yet) Roon. I haven't really played Blitz much, but it's possible even the 5"/25 guns on American battleships will be inactive just because they have different shell characteristics.

Also, the xp gain is minimal. Like worse than World of Tanks xp gain.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I have downloaded it. Haven't played too many games in it yet.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
1 hour ago, Eisennagel said:

Definitely need to fill the trees.    Interesting to note some changes in the ships and trees.  Yubari for example, has her proper six 140mm guns, and in her original configuration as she was made.  The Yubari in the PC game is that of a mid WW2 refit.  Takao has replaced Mogami in Tier 8, Pensacola has replaced the Cleveland in Tier 6, and the Wichita --- not yet seen in the PC game --- sits at Tier 8.   These decisions feels like "what we could have done differently if we were to start the game again."

Looks like a very promising start to the game.  

Indeed. It's like WoWS Blitz is learning from the mistakes of the PC version. Pensacola will soon be moving to T6 though. Just no sign of Wichita on the horizon. Hopefully they won't screw up Imperator Nikolai or Belfast again. Blitz is like a second chance for them to make sure those ships are properly balanced.

Beta Testers
9,030 posts
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I played it just a bit (like 3-4 matches), I just can't get into mobile games like that, touch screens are inadequate controls.

I won't disagree with you on this.  The game seems to have too much management needed for touchscreen controls.  

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles

Just tried it on my Samsung S8. Hard on my eyes though. Is there a way to broadcast the game from the S8 to my smart tv?

[SYN]
Members
18 posts
1,442 battles

I’m enjoying it. I like the fast pace (6 minute matches max). DDs are seriously OP though.  MM is weird too where sides can be really imbalanced. But a nice distraction when away from PC