Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lew19

Deal with AA

15 comments in this topic

[RUIN]
Beta Testers
21 posts
2,228 battles

To the TASH clan member I was just in battle with, who hides their stat's and can't connect via pvt message. Please enlighten me on how a t6 squadron "deals" with T9 AA and T9 Saipan fighters. You seem to be so unbelievably good at this game, at least in your world. So please, do tell us all how a Kaga player "deals" with T9 AA on ships and T9 fighters so next time we re in battle together I can try better to not ruin your perfect "hidden" stats?? Syraku? Are you there?

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
7,241 battles
33 minutes ago, Lew19 said:

To the **** clan member I was just in battle with, who hides their stat's and can't connect via pvt message. Please enlighten me on how a t6 squadron "deals" with T9 AA and T9 Saipan fighters. You seem to be so unbelievably good at this game, at least in your world. So please, do tell us all how a Kaga player "deals" with T9 AA on ships and T9 fighters so next time we re in battle together I can try better to not ruin your perfect "hidden" stats?? ******? Are you there?

FTFY. Naming and shaming is not allowed. You can drop the name and you are good by forum rules.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,616 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

Naming and shaming, this will gid gud

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
7,241 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

:Smile_popcorn:

Naming and shaming, this will gid gud

Or thread locked if he doesn't change the first post before a mod sees it.

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

I assume you are using the hiryu. Many DDs can still be killed with the hiryu TBs as long as you attack them while they are by themselves, they are a DD with low AA and you don't hang out too long. 

Otherwise, the only 2 other options i see is during a storm or while the enemy is isolated in smoke.
In the first case, enemy ship won't spot your planes unti they are fairly close (just use the ship spotted on the minimap to place yourself on their broadside beforehand).
On the second case, if no one is within 8km of the smoke to spot your planes, you can stealth torp what is inside. AA doesn't matter so you could even torp a desmoines with a langley. Only problem is occasions like that are extremly rare for anything else than a DD.

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
2 minutes ago, marcmad said:

I assume you are using the hiryu. Many DDs can still be killed with the hiryu TBs as long as you attack them while they are by themselves, they are a DD with low AA and you don't hang out too long. 

Otherwise, the only 2 other options i see is during a storm or while the enemy is isolated in smoke.
In the first case, enemy ship won't spot your planes unti they are fairly close (just use the ship spotted on the minimap to place yourself on their broadside beforehand).
On the second case, if no one is within 8km of the smoke to spot your planes, you can stealth torp what is inside. AA doesn't matter so you could even torp a desmoines with a langley. Only problem is occasions like that are extremly rare for anything else than a DD.

If he's in a Hiryu having issues hitting a DD then...well.  Not much for that.  IJN dive bombers are very accurate and torpedo bombers have that whole nifty cross drop thing going for them.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
1 minute ago, Palladia said:

If he's in a Hiryu having issues hitting a DD then...well.  Not much for that.  IJN dive bombers are very accurate and torpedo bombers have that whole nifty cross drop thing going for them.

His post says he was in a Kaga.

And to the OP, first, naming and shaming is bad. Second, anyone who hides their stats is not a good player (generally): if someone carried about their stats they would not hide them.

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles
5 minutes ago, Palladia said:

The problem with hiryu is that the upgraded TBs are the same one you get at T5. Which mean them beeing soft is an understatement. It doesn't take a whole much AA to start tearing them down, especially with T8-9 ships.

*Edit*
Err, missed the kaga mention. From what I get from the wiki, the kaga seem to have the same Tbs as the hiryu but many more of them and larger reserves. Torpedos are also much faster iirc.

Edited by marcmad

[DOG]
Members
376 posts
5,549 battles
5 hours ago, Lew19 said:

To the **** clan member I was just in battle with, who hides their stat's and can't connect via pvt message. Please enlighten me on how a t6 squadron "deals" with T9 AA and T9 Saipan fighters. You seem to be so unbelievably good at this game, at least in your world. So please, do tell us all how a Kaga player "deals" with T9 AA on ships and T9 fighters so next time we re in battle together I can try better to not ruin your perfect "hidden" stats?? ****? Are you there?

Just checked.  Stats aren't hidden.  5,839 random battles played.

[WPP]
Members
451 posts
5,070 battles

With Dogfight Expert don’t those tier 6s get +30% d/s?  And there’s almost twice as many in a squadron as the Saipan. Just based on the math, it’s going to be a rough go.

Members
3,407 posts
6,067 battles
22 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Just checked.  Stats aren't hidden.  5,839 random battles played.

Yea - I checked as well.  Extremely good player/unicum.

[SF-A]
Members
2,845 posts
5,547 battles

You can't. Saipan needs a nerf, and everyone knows it, but policy is policy...

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,238 battles

+2 matchmaking is stupid for cvs when a t6 CV gets thrown against t8 ships with 80-90+ aa.

but your thing is an entirely different issue.

Sign in to follow this