Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BarnacleCollector

Is it true you can't report teamkillers?

92 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
89 posts
11,833 battles

A Minotaur just tked me with all his torpedoes, on purpose. I have the replay. And several others with scumbags tking on purpose. I did a search on the website and it said the system handles tking automatically. Is that just for WOT or for WOWS as well? If you really can't report deliberate teamkilling, the system is really stupid. The guy just turned pink from killing me. That's it. Things like that should constitute an immediate, permanent ban from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts
2,614 battles

Support will not accept tickets about team damage due to the automatic system, even with replays.

 

From a support page;

" the Automated Team Damage system handles all instances of friendly fire using the in-game system and that Wargaming.net will not investigate these instances through tickets." "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
30 minutes ago, BarnacleCollector said:

A Minotaur just tked me with all his torpedoes, on purpose. I have the replay. And several others with scumbags tking on purpose. I did a search on the website and it said the system handles tking automatically. Is that just for WOT or for WOWS as well? If you really can't report deliberate teamkilling, the system is really stupid. The guy just turned pink from killing me. That's it. Things like that should constitute an immediate, permanent ban from the game.

 

8 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Support will not accept tickets about team damage due to the automatic system, even with replays.

From a support page;

" the Automated Team Damage system handles all instances of friendly fire using the in-game system and that Wargaming.net will not investigate these instances through tickets." "

So, spend your money on this game knowing any griefer can ruin your game and there's nothing YOU can do about it and there's nothing WG will do about it.

Oh, he turns pink? Tell me, what good is a punishment based on shame against a shameless person? Nothing... that's what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488
[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
14 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Oh, he turns pink? Tell me, what good is a punishment based on shame against a shameless person? Nothing... that's what.

Accidental team killing occasionally happens but intentional team killing is very rare. Once a player turns pink his team damage is reflected back on himself. I don't know for sure but I'd venture to say that if someone kept going into games and causing team damage while pink that they would eventually receive an automated account ban.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
8 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

 

So, spend your money on this game knowing any griefer can ruin your game and there's nothing YOU can do about it and there's nothing WG will do about it.

Oh, he turns pink? Tell me, what good is a punishment based on shame against a shameless person? Nothing... that's what.

It ramps up for the people who continue to be team killers. The pink games go up and you start getting reflected damage that kills the team killer if they TK while pink. At some point, the automated system flags WG for a person to investigate and ban the TK for some time. WG will not let out the specifics of how it works as they don't want people to try and game the system. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,258
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles

Despite the fact that WoW COULD eliminate team killing by implementing the same mechanic in randoms that they do in the events (friendly fire damage doesn't count), they don't, which means that for some reason they WANT team killing in the game. Whether you agree with this or not, actions speak louder than words, and WoW's actions on this matter are screaming as loud as they can.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488
[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

they WANT team killing in the game.

They don't want team killing per se in the game. What they want is a mechanic that adds some more realism. There are far too many dumbed-down "pew pew pew' games as it is where one only has to point and click the mouse.

In Operations I can see why teamkilling was removed. Did anyone play Transylvania before team damage was removed? It was a mess with the bots constantly bumping into and shooting you. Team killing probably would be reinstituted in Operations were there a better AI for the bots. 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
307
[BNKR]
Members
645 posts
659 battles

I came over here from WoT Console where there is no friendly fire. If some clod drives his M48 in front of my Chieftain while I fire, nothing happens. It's going to take a little extra self discipline to hold a shot when the same clod sails in front of my main battery on WoWs. That said, I feel like intentional team killing is pretty rare, and I'm pretty sure I read in the ToS that repeated violations get you banned. Seems fair enough. If it's automated then so much the better, as I'm terribly lazy and couldn't be bothered to report people.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,607
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

They don't want team killing per se in the game. What they want is a mechanic that adds some more realism. There are far too many dumbed-down "pew pew pew' games as it is where one only has to point and click the mouse.

In Operations I can see why teamkilling was removed. Did anyone play Transylvania before team damage was removed? It was a mess with the bots constantly bumping into and shooting you. Team killing probably would be reinstituted in Operations were there a better AI for the bots. 

 

You made me remember my times when I used to do FPS games a lot.  I specifically remember for your example, wayyy back in BF2142 and ended up accidentally playing in a Friendly Fire Off server.  Guys running into rooms, people throwing grenades into rooms with friendlies in there, wild spray & pray... It looked so sloppy I was embarrassed to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

They don't want team killing per se in the game. What they want is a mechanic that adds some more realism. There are far too many dumbed-down "pew pew pew' games as it is where one only has to point and click the mouse.

In Operations I can see why teamkilling was removed. Did anyone play Transylvania before team damage was removed? It was a mess with the bots constantly bumping into and shooting you. Team killing probably would be reinstituted in Operations were there a better AI for the bots. 

:Smile_great: :Smile_honoring:

 

7 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I came over here from WoT Console where there is no friendly fire. If some clod drives his M48 in front of my Chieftain while I fire, nothing happens. It's going to take a little extra self discipline to hold a shot when the same clod sails in front of my main battery on WoWs. That said, I feel like intentional team killing is pretty rare, and I'm pretty sure I read in the ToS that repeated violations get you banned. Seems fair enough. If it's automated then so much the better, as I'm terribly lazy and couldn't be bothered to report people.

 

You are not the only one. :Smile_teethhappy: Ain't nobody got time for that. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

 

So, spend your money on this game knowing any griefer can ruin your game and there's nothing YOU can do about it and there's nothing WG will do about it.

Oh, he turns pink? Tell me, what good is a punishment based on shame against a shameless person? Nothing... that's what.

....shameless?....u make it sound like they shot your dog....if they're getting their rocks by aggravating ppl repeatedly and these aren't accidents, WG will and does do something.... ....and I hate to defend WG on grounds like this, bcos it sounds kiss-[edited], but evidently that's the case...

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Accidental team killing occasionally happens but intentional team killing is very rare. Once a player turns pink his team damage is reflected back on himself. I don't know for sure but I'd venture to say that if someone kept going into games and causing team damage while pink that they would eventually receive an automated account ban.

also the above...

44 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Despite the fact that WoW COULD eliminate team killing by implementing the same mechanic in randoms that they do in the events (friendly fire damage doesn't count), they don't, which means that for some reason they WANT team killing in the game. Whether you agree with this or not, actions speak louder than words, and WoW's actions on this matter are screaming as loud as they can.

really?....hate to almost side against you because I know elsewhere you're always on point, but could you clarify that?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

By allowing friendly fire WG indirectly allow TK, it's not something new. Accident can happens but when someone TK on purpose, he should be banned / receive a warning. 

 

6 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

.

really?....hate to almost side against you because I know elsewhere you're always on point, but could you clarify that?

 

Pure speculation but if WG doesn't want to deal with people who TK on purpose (even though you have replay) just because they already have their "pink tool" to prevent TK, it would mean they want TK to be in game. Otherwise they would create a section for TK and actively punish TKer while leaving their "pink tool" for accident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
89 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

 

So, spend your money on this game knowing any griefer can ruin your game and there's nothing YOU can do about it and there's nothing WG will do about it.

Oh, he turns pink? Tell me, what good is a punishment based on shame against a shameless person? Nothing... that's what.

This is just another reason in a long list of reasons not to spend anymore money on this game.

Edited by BarnacleCollector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles

If there was no team damage you could have some wacky and unrealistic battle tactics such as forming a giant floating steel fortress on a base.

Or have couple Div mates push a BB sideways out from behind island to take a shot they would never normally have been able to take. Not to mention torpedoes would be flying around battles even more wildly without the need to worry about friendly fire.

Right now the fact friendly fire is possible also keeps us safe since if we are brawling enemy ship the other enemy ships often will not be able to support with long range fire if it risks hitting their team mate so you can use the ship as a variant of the human shield. Or the enemy can still fire at you and kill their team mate which has delightfully happened to me before and that works perfectly fine for me as well lol.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Correcting Spelling errors
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[WOLF4]
Members
105 posts
4,220 battles

If you're pink, and I believe you have too many points against you, your ship automatically sinks even if you accidentally bump someone.  Seen it happen the other day.  Pink guy bumped someone, he sinks, showed up as he killed himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
29 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

By allowing friendly fire WG indirectly allow TK, it's not something new. Accident can happens but when someone TK on purpose, he should be banned / receive a warning. 

 

Pure speculation but if WG doesn't want to deal with people who TK on purpose (even though you have replay) just because they already have their "pink tool" to prevent TK, it would mean they want TK to be in game. Otherwise they would create a section for TK and actively punish TKer while leaving their "pink tool" for accident 

but he is banned....repeated offenses lead to a ban....altho elsewhere I've seen ppl say, "he'll just start up another acct. and keep doing it." ....and he'll get banned or permabanned again....wasting his own time for minimal kicks...

the next paragraph isn't speculation, it's nonsense....you're concluding that WG is encouraging TK because you feel that a few missions as pink for punishment isn't enough......in the case of an accident, it's an appropriate reminder to be careful ...

you're getting cause and effect muddled here......if WG is encouraging TK, why isn't practically everybody pink?...they can manipulate the program to be balanced and fun, so if they've got that power why would encouraging TK fall flat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
39 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

By allowing friendly fire WG indirectly allow TK, it's not something new. Accident can happens but when someone TK on purpose, he should be banned / receive a warning. 

 

 

Pure speculation but if WG doesn't want to deal with people who TK on purpose (even though you have replay) just because they already have their "pink tool" to prevent TK, it would mean they want TK to be in game. Otherwise they would create a section for TK and actively punish TKer while leaving their "pink tool" for accident 

 

15 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

If you're pink, and I believe you have too many points against you, your ship automatically sinks even if you accidentally bump someone.  Seen it happen the other day.  Pink guy bumped someone, he sinks, showed up as he killed himself.

:Smile_great: Was he near full health?

2 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

but he is banned....repeated offenses lead to a ban....altho elsewhere I've seen ppl say, "he'll just start up another acct. and keep doing it." ....and he'll get banned or permabanned again....wasting his own time for minimal kicks...

the next paragraph isn't speculation, it's nonsense....you're concluding that WG is encouraging TK because you feel that a few missions as pink for punishment isn't enough......in the case of an accident, it's an appropriate reminder to be careful ...

you're getting cause and effect muddled here......if WG is encouraging TK, why isn't practically everybody pink?...they can manipulate the program to be balanced and fun, so if they've got that power why would encouraging TK fall flat?

:Smile_great: well said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

ta very much. ....hate to dogpile on someone (arright this is the net, so no I don't really hate it--no one can reach out and stop me...) but basic logic does the trick here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, commodore_torakula said:

ta very much. ....hate to dogpile on someone (arright this is the net, so no I don't really hate it--no one can reach out and stop me...) but basic logic does the trick here...

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

it's much later than I think....seems like it was 12:15 Pacific like twenty minutes ago...so nobody else is looking at this...by tomorrow morning we'll see if we've buried an argument like this again. ....yes again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, commodore_torakula said:

it's much later than I think....seems like it was 12:15 Pacific like twenty minutes ago...so nobody else is looking at this...by tomorrow morning we'll see if we've buried an argument like this again. ....yes again!

 

Yep, it's almost time to wake up on the East coast. I have to get these meds right as I can not keep going on with 3-4 hours sleep a night. :fish_sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

 

Yep, it's almost time to wake up on the East coast. I have to get these meds right as I can not keep going on with 3-4 hours sleep a night. :fish_sleep:

oh man don't give these peckerheads the ammo to discredit us by admitting that....I'm on sleep meds too...who around us isn't on drugs, right?....but I took mine back at 10pm here and it didn't take. ..but I can hack one night without sleep or a few nights with 4 hours sleep....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
4 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

oh man don't give these peckerheads the ammo to discredit us by admitting that....I'm on sleep meds too...who around us isn't on drugs, right?....but I took mine back at 10pm here and it didn't take. ..but I can hack one night without sleep or a few nights with 4 hours sleep....

 

I'm taking a different med and I can't sleep because of it. I stopped it yesterday, so I hope to get back to normal by Monday. I'm starting to get grumpier. :)

 

Prayers for sleep for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,635 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

Despite the fact that WoW COULD eliminate team killing by implementing the same mechanic in randoms that they do in the events (friendly fire damage doesn't count), they don't, which means that for some reason they WANT team killing in the game. Whether you agree with this or not, actions speak louder than words, and WoW's actions on this matter are screaming as loud as they can.

Hear, hear!

Pan Asian torps go right under my DD so why can’t all torps go under all friendly ships?

I have been accidentally TK’d by guns exactly once and that guy was a moron.  If you took away accidental torpedo damage, then the only pinkos would have used their guns.  When I first started playing WoWs, everyone shunned the rare pink player because they were almost certainly anti-social trolls. 

The only possible exception would be CV torps. A CV probably shouldn’t be able to drop torps into a melee of ships red and green without worrying about a TK. However, it’s not crucial to have that exception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

Actually they will accept TK tickets - nothing prevents the user from submitting a TK ticket with a replay.  They may not DO anything with it but it will go thru and you will get the canned response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×