Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

List of BB content that has yet to be released

22 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Wanted to make an index of all the real and even paper BB content that has to be released, so when people are looking for ideas they can look it up. I'm including BC's here because Hood and Kongo are sufficent precedent that WG considers BC's to be BB's. I'm guessing with the tiers, who knows where WG will put stuff when it's released, I'm just saying where I think it should be. In some cases that's pretty obvious in other cases not so much. Also only putting down sister ships I think are likely to be released, one of each class is pretty likely though. I'm tired so I'm going to add the Pre Dreadnoughts at another time. 

UK

T3 Dreadnought, Neptune, St Vincent class, Colosuss class(none of the two multi ship classes seem likely to get a second premium IMO), Invincible class, Indfatigable

T4 , KGV class(we will get one of the sister ships not name KGV,Thunderer(Orion is very popular and the Monarch/Conqueror names are already taken, process of elimination this is the only other Orion class they can make),, Princess Royal(Lion name is taken and this is the sister),  Queen Mary, Agincourt, Erin

T5  one of Iron Dukes sisters(Iron Duke isn't much of an improvement over T4, so this is an opening for a T5 premium), Tiger

T5, Revenge class, Queen Elizabeth class premiums(Bahram and Malaya were important at Jutland), Renown class, Courageous class

T7 Rodney(Nelson is very popular and Rodney was hanging out with the Bismarck), Prince of Wales(all four main Denmark Strait combatants are getting in this game, it's inevitable)

T8 Vanguard

Germany

T3 Helgoland class, Von der Tamm

T4 Moltke

T5 Seydlitz

T6 Baden, Derflliger class/Lutzow

Japan

T3 Settsu(Kawachi by most accounts is terrible, a premium wouldn't be the worst idea on earth)

T6 Ise class, Yamashiro

T7 Tosa(apparently there's a demand for this ship)

T10 Shinano(not many ships you can clone three times and have people willing to hand over money, Yamato's one of them)

USA-I want to say USA's kind of unqiue because the BB's are named after states meaning there's a lot of people with sentimental attachments to their state who'll buy the ship regardless of historical context. All 36 remaining US states can be made premiums but I'm just listing the classes and most likely premiums for now

T3-,Michigan

T4-Deleware class, Florida class

T5-Nevada class

T6- Tennessee class, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Mississippi and/or Idaho, California(for financial reasons this should be quite clear)

T7-one or more of Colorado's sisters, I think Washington will be used at T8 and so won't be used at T7 so either Maryland or WV

T8-South Dakota class, Washington, South Dakota, Indiana

T9-New Jersey, Wisconsin, Alaska, Guam

T10-Ohio, Maine(think these first two name's best used as pre dreadnoughts), New Hampshire, Louisiana

France

T4-Another Courbett class

T5-Provence

T6-Strasbourg

T8-Jean Bart

T10-A ship with a more exciting name than France

Italy

T3-Dante Alighieri

T4- Conte de Cavour class, 1 tech tree, 1 premium

T5-Andrea Dorio class, 1 tech tree, 1 premium(maybe Caesare's already got this job covered

T6-Francisco Caracciolo class

T8-Vittorio Veneto, Littorio, Impero(classes this high up I think are going to be inevitably finished)

Austria-Hungary

T4-Teggethoff

T5-Ersatz Monarch

Russia (the more and more I think about it the more and more I think Russia will not get a tree)

T4/T5-Gangut class, Imperatritsa Mariya class, Borodino class

T9 Sovestsky Soyuz class, Kronshatadt class

T10 Stalingrad class, Kirov class,

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
9 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Russia (the more and more I think about it the more and more I think Russia will not get a tree)

If you look at the fictional refits on the likes of Kaiser, Konig, Bayern and Iron Duke, you will know that WG will definitely find a way to make Russian BBs viable.

Don't forget to add Agincourt and Erin to your list.

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles
16 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Wanted to make an index of all the real and even paper BB content that has to be released, so when people are looking for ideas they can look it up. I'm including BC's here because Hood and Kongo are sufficent precedent that WG considers BC's to be BB's. I'm guessing with the tiers, who knows where WG will put stuff when it's released, I'm just saying where I think it should be. In some cases that's pretty obvious in other cases not so much. Also only putting down sister ships I think are likely to be released, one of each class is pretty likely though. I'm tired so I'm going to add the Pre Dreadnoughts at another time. 

UK

T3 Dreadnought, Neptune, St Vincent class, Colosuss class(none of the two multi ship classes seem likely to get a second premium IMO), Invincible class, Indfatigable

T4 , KGV class(we will get one of the sister ships not name KGV,Thunderer(Orion is very popular and the Monarch/Conqueror names are already taken, process of elimination this is the only other Orion class they can make),, Princess Royal(Lion name is taken and this is the sister),  Queen Mary 

T5 one of Iron Dukes sisters(Iron Duke isn't much of an improvement over T4, so this is an opening for a T5 premium), Tiger

T5, Revenge class, Queen Elizabeth class premiums(Bahram and Malaya were important at Jutland), Renown class, Courageous class

T7 Rodney(Nelson is very popular and Rodney was hanging out with the Bismarck), Prince of Wales(all four main Denmark Strait combatants are getting in this game, it's inevitable)

T8 Vanguard

Germany

T4 Moltke

T5 Seydlitz

Japan

T3 Settsu(Kawachi by most accounts is terrible, a premium wouldn't be the worst idea on earth)

T6 Ise class, Yamashiro

T10 Shinano(not many ships you can clone three times and have people willing to hand over money, Yamato's one of them)

USA-I want to say USA's kind of unqiue because the BB's are named after states meaning there's a lot of people with sentimental attachments to their state who'll buy the ship regardless of historical context. All 36 remaining US states can be made premiums but I'm just listing the classes and most likely premiums for now

T3-,Michigan

T4-Deleware class, Florida class

T6-Nevada class, Tennessee class, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Mississippi and/or Idaho, California(for financial reasons this should be quite clear)

T7-one or more of Colorado's sisters, I think Washington will be used at T8 and so won't be used at T7 so either Maryland or WV

T8-South Dakota class, Washington, South Dakota, Indiana

T9-New Jersey, Wisconsin, Alaska, Guam

T10-Ohio, Maine(think these first two name's best used as pre dreadnoughts), New Hampshire, Louisiana

France

T4-Another Courbett class

T5-Provence

T6-Strasbourg

T8-Jean Bart

T10-A ship with a more exciting name than France

Italy

T3-Dante Alighieri

T4- Conte de Cavour class, 1 tech tree, 1 premium

T5-Andrea Dorio class, 1 tech tree, 1 premium(maybe Caesare's already got this job covered

T6-Francisco Caracciolo class

T8-Vittorio Veneto, Littorio, Impero(classes this high up I think are going to be inevitably finished)

Austria-Hungary

T4-Teggethoff

T5-Ersatz Monarch

T4/T5-Gangut class, Imperatritsa Mariya class, Borodino class

/T9 Sovestsky Soyuz class, Kronshatadt class

T10 Stalingrad class, Kirov class,

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6zikfb/usn_bb_line_alteration_second_line_idea/?st=j7gpaanc&sh=1b4d78fb this mentions some of the USN BB's up there and proposes a second line using some new ships.

• Cool 1

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles

I would honestly place Nevada at T5. She only has ten guns, unlike the Arizona and New Mexico which have twelve.

Alpha Tester
1,299 posts
9,265 battles

Wg once stated wayyyyyyy back in alpha that they had enough American BBs for 2 lines enough CVs for 3 lines, enough IJN BBs for 2 lines and enough CVs for 2 lines. Not to mention CAs cls and DDs 

Members
1,080 posts

I would put Agincourt at tier 4 rather than 5. She's long, not all that fast and has pretty poor armour as well as having essentially no AA to defend herself with. At tier 5 she'd be a free feast for any CV.

[JASH]
Beta Testers
50 posts
6,676 battles
8 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

I think it more likely she will be a CV as she was converted to one during construction. 

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

I'd add Massachusetts to the American list. Not just because I'm from there, but weren't they also modeling it not too long ago?

• Cool 1

[FALCO]
Alpha Tester
998 posts
5,210 battles

OP, dont forget:

-España

-Design 1047

-Project Chacabuco

-Ansaldo Design 1908

-Rivadavia

-Moreno

-Minas Gerais

-Riachuelo

-Latorre

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

I would honestly place Nevada at T5. She only has ten guns, unlike the Arizona and New Mexico which have twelve.

But in modernized form Nevada's AA would be too strong for T5, probably even better than Texas. Maybe her sister ship Oklahoma could fit at T5, seeing as she never returned to service after Pearl Harbor.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
18 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

But in modernized form Nevada's AA would be too strong for T5, probably even better than Texas. Maybe her sister ship Oklahoma could fit at T5, seeing as she never returned to service after Pearl Harbor.

Since Tech Tree ships don‘t have to be 100% historical, WG could alter the AA a bit. Also, a buff to New York is longer overdue, so perhabs getting NY up on her keel and a Nevada would make T5 USN BBs somewhat appealing again.

And not to forget, they still reload brutally slow with their main guns :cap_old:(<- me waiting for the guns to reload)

Would also perhabs be an idea on how to balance New York to Nevada. New York gets a cut in her reload from 34 to maybe 30 (which would be a buff she desperately needs) while Nevada keeps the 34 seconds.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
9 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

UK

T4 , KGV class(we will get one of the sister ships not name KGV,Thunderer(Orion is very popular and the Monarch/Conqueror names are already taken, process of elimination this is the only other Orion class they can make),, Princess Royal(Lion name is taken and this is the sister),  Queen Mary 

T5  Agincourt, Erin, one of Iron Dukes sisters(Iron Duke isn't much of an improvement over T4, so this is an opening for a T5 premium), Tiger

T8 Vanguard

Germany

T4 Moltke

T5 Seydlitz

Japan

T6 Ise class, Yamashiro

1. Tosa should be a tier 8.  It's a battle ship version of the Amagi.  (Hell, the Kii really should have been a tier 9.)

2. If the Kawachi is still so terrible, the devs should just give her some buffs.  No need to create a T3 premium just because the tier 3 regular ship blows.

3.  Just an FYI, it's Von Der Tann, not Tamm.

4. The game does NOT need a constant stream of freaking clones of existing ships!  I'd much rather that this list only include classes and single ships that are NOT yet in the game.  Including ones that are sisters of existing classes only clutters up the list.

5. There are some German ships that could be added.  The Ersatz Yorck and the L20a tier 7 BB are two.

32 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Ahhh, but there's no reason that they'd have to include the final WW2 AA refits for the Nevada.  They didn't do it for the NY, so why would they for the Nevada if she was put in the tech tree, presumably in a 2nd BB line?

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
10 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

They should just make another USN battleship line, they have the content to do so.

I'd hope not. First off this would cause the precedent that other countries get second BB lines who don't have the content and there are some who think a second IJN fantasy line is a good idea. 

Also that would make a ton of potential premiums free ships. WG needs a long healthy supply of premium ships to make money and keep making our experience better. The US BB's might be the largest source of unused premium ideas in the game. 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
5 hours ago, Outlawed87 said:

The USS Maine was going to be one of the Montana class Battleship ( Montana is in the game already). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana-class_battleship

I'm meant they might release more Montana class BB's at some point. 

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

1. Tosa should be a tier 8.  It's a battle ship version of the Amagi.  (Hell, the Kii really should have been a tier 9.)

2. If the Kawachi is still so terrible, the devs should just give her some buffs.  No need to create a T3 premium just because the tier 3 regular ship blows.

3.  Just an FYI, it's Von Der Tann, not Tamm.

4. The game does NOT need a constant stream of freaking clones of existing ships!  I'd much rather that this list only include classes and single ships that are NOT yet in the game.  Including ones that are sisters of existing classes only clutters up the list.

5. There are some German ships that could be added.  The Ersatz Yorck and the L20a tier 7 BB are two.

Ahhh, but there's no reason that they'd have to include the final WW2 AA refits for the Nevada.  They didn't do it for the NY, so why would they for the Nevada if she was put in the tech tree, presumably in a 2nd BB line?

A good chunk of(very likely) future premiums will be sisters of classes already in the game. Prince of Wales and Rodney and the other Roma's would be good examples. Duke of York just came out and that was a KGV too.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
3 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I'd add Massachusetts to the American list. Not just because I'm from there, but weren't they also modeling it not too long ago?

Massachusetts is already confirmed to be in the game, it's been on WOWS wiki for a few months now and some testers have played it. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
2 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

A good chunk of(very likely) future premiums will be sisters of classes already in the game. Prince of Wales and Rodney and the other Roma's would be good examples. Duke of York just came out and that was a KGV too.

A.  Doesn't make it right.

B.  People are more interesting NEW content, not re-hashed copies with a different name slapped on it.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
3 hours ago, BrunoSchezer said:

OP, dont forget:

-España

-Design 1047

-Project Chacabuco

-Ansaldo Design 1908

-Rivadavia

-Moreno

-Minas Gerais

-Riachuelo

-Latorre

Most of these are from the nations that aren't in the game yet like Spain and Argentina. I'm going to get to them, don't worry! 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

A.  Doesn't make it right.

B.  People are more interesting NEW content, not re-hashed copies with a different name slapped on it.

Well the reason sisters are released is because there's usually something historically distinctive about the sister. WOWS also doesn't merely make it a clone they make modifications to make it worth paying for. Some of the most popular premiums are sister ships(Tirpitz, Scharnhorst). My logic would be there's some ships in different classes(Orion and Iron Duke) that are less different(not in looks in terms of gameplay) than some classmates.  For example with POW they could just attach the historically accurate spotter giving it superior range and boom you've got a ship with considerably more range than the KGV and DOY, a few more tweaks it'd be ready for sale!  

People are interested in both. There's been threads on here promoting sister ships sometimes even the third one in a class, I just saw one a few days ago on the New Jersey. 

Anyway the purpose of this thread is to list everything available to WOWS per new content to measure how much hasn't been released, as once WOWS runs out of real content this is a problem. 

1,542 posts
26 battles

Some awesome ships here. Would be very cool to see some of these bad boys added to the game or in some new lines in the future 

Sign in to follow this