You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
coffin_cheater

Musmashme or Roma?

17 comments in this topic

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles

Im not much of a BB player and have 500K free XP laying around, could convert for doubloons for Musashi or buy Roma.

Have 19pt yamamoto skipper, 12 poiny eyetie one.

Would most likely div either BB in randoms.

Beta Testers
1,291 posts
3,583 battles
11 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Im not much of a BB player and have 500K free XP laying around, could convert for doubloons for Musashi or buy Roma.

Roma is alright have you considered that you could use that free xp on Izumo and just get Yamato. Musashi is fine Roma is unique in being stealthy. Get Musashi Roma will be back for another sale around holiday time 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,613 posts
14,017 battles
1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

You have very, very few games in BBs, probably not the best thing to do.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You have very, very few games in BBs, probably not the best thing to do.

He plays a lot of them in Co op in which case I would suggest the Musashi over the Roma

• Cool 1

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles
18 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

He plays a lot of them in Co op in which case I would suggest the Musashi over the Roma

That i do and the occasional foray into randoms with a  2 man div.

Sold my IPhone so chucked a few $$ from that into a doubloon xp conversion and now have Musashi and Mo- still make OK coin in co-op.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,613 posts
14,017 battles

Okay then.  It greatly depends on what you prefer in your BB playstyle.

Roma presents stealth, speed, handling, cruiser-fast turret traverse, fast shells.  You have to make sure you use angles properly or be punished.  This playstyle involves more movement and dynamic actions which you can alter on the fly.

Musashi is very static.  Think of Musashi and Yamato as a pillbox you can slowly transport to somewhere.  Turret traverse is absolutely horrible, you won't find anything that bad for many tiers, you'd have to go to Tier VI Queen Elizabeth in the tech tree.  Because of the turret traverse, Musashi if forced to fight on the move with greatly changing threats in multiple directions, she feels very slow, unresponsive.  You are fighting that turret traverse as much as you are fighting the enemy.  However, if you got solid, protected flanks and can keep the enemy in front if you, Musashi / Yamato dominate their zones.  Your turret traverse sucks balls but your gun accuracy, power, penetration ability can crush Cruisers and scare BBs because there is no profile that protects them from your AP.

When people say that guns have LOLPEN ability, they mean the IJN 460mm guns found on Yamato & Musashi.

Both are great BBs for very different reasons, but people get into both of these ships expecting something else and may end up being shocked, disappointed.  Roma isn't Tier VIII Caesar.  Yamato / Musashi are not omnipotent and have very real flaws.  Pick the one that suits your style of play.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,076 battles

I would have suggested Roma, personally, but enjoy your Musashi! 

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Roma presents stealth, speed, handling, cruiser-fast turret traverse, fast shells.  You have to make sure you use angles properly or be punished.  This playstyle involves more movement and dynamic actions which you can alter on the fly.

Musashi is very static.  Think of Musashi and Yamato as a pillbox you can slowly transport to somewhere.  Turret traverse is absolutely horrible, you won't find anything that bad for many tiers, you'd have to go to Tier VI Queen Elizabeth in the tech tree.  Because of the turret traverse, Musashi if forced to fight on the move with greatly changing threats in multiple directions, she feels very slow, unresponsive.  You are fighting that turret traverse as much as you are fighting the enemy.  However, if you got solid, protected flanks and can keep the enemy in front if you, Musashi / Yamato dominate their zones.  Your turret traverse sucks balls but your gun accuracy, power, penetration ability can crush Cruisers and scare BBs because there is no profile that protects them from your AP.

When people say that guns have LOLPEN ability, they mean the IJN 460mm guns found on Yamato & Musashi.

Both are great BBs for very different reasons, but people get into both of these ships expecting something else and may end up being shocked, disappointed.  Roma isn't Tier VIII Caesar.  Yamato / Musashi are not omnipotent and have very real flaws.  Pick the one that suits your style of play.

Great advice indeed and much appreciated, Roma would suit my  (random) playstyle more as I have most games in DD but i feel if i can slowly make a change Im hoping for some BB improvement.

I have the Alabama/Texas/Cesare to practice with in coop as well-as i would div BB in random my div mate is pretty good in BBs .

Just checked my stats on warships today wow i have really improved lately it was quite a surprise.

dark.png

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,613 posts
14,017 battles
Just now, murryhawk said:

Great advice indeed and much appreciated, Roma would suit my  (random) playstyle more as I have most games in DD but i feel if i can slowly make a change Im hoping for some BB improvement.

I have the Alabama/Texas/Cesare to practice with in coop as well-as i would div BB in random my div mate is pretty good in BBs .

Just checked my stats on warships today wow i have really improved lately it was quite a surprise.

dark.png

Before you jump in, make sure you read up on Roma reviews.  Just understand what you're getting into.  Personally, I adore her, but this ship has generated very different opinions.  You either love this ship or you hate it, and both sides have very valid reasons on their opinions.  It's been a while since we had a Premium Ship this polarizing.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, murryhawk said:

I wouldnt get either, and iust save it for the French BBs.

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I wouldnt get either, and iust save it for the French BBs.

Care to elaborate on that reasoning?

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
12 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Care to elaborate on that reasoning?

Tier 8s face tier Xs in 60-70% of their matches, so when you pay $55 for Roma - you are consciously allowing the game to screw you in 60-70% of your matches. Some people are fine with it, I am not. In fact I dont waste money on tier 8 premiums period.

As for Musashi, its not a bad ship, but you can get a better version of it at tier X without wasting free Xp on it. 750k free Xp for a weaker Yamato with ever so slightly better Matchmaking - some people may think its worth it, I dont. Not with French BBs coming to the game pretty soon. And if you have the Yami already, I just dont see the point of wasting free xp on Musashi when you can just perma camo the Yami for a much lower cost.

- If you are itching to spend your free xp, do you have Missouri? Because thats the only ship thats realistically worth spending 750k free xp on. At least it has good utility in every situation AND it prints silver easily.

- Also, Nelson is a good ship to buy with your free xp. A great tank with a monster heal. You can have a lot of fun with it.

Edited by Ulthwey

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,613 posts
14,017 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Tier 8s face tier Xs in 60-70% of their matches, so when you pay $55 for Roma - you are consciously allowing the game to screw you in 60-70% of your matches. Some people are fine with it, I am not. In fact I dont waste money on tier 8 premiums period.

As for Musashi, its not a bad ship, but you can get a better version of it at tier X without wasting free Xp on it. 750k free Xp for a weaker Yamato with ever so slightly better Matchmaking - some people may think its worth it, I dont. Not with French BBs coming to the game pretty soon.

Fortunately, the best French BB in the line isn't a high tier one so spending FreeXPs won't be a big thing to get a Tier VII :Smile_teethhappy:

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
721 posts
7,351 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Fortunately, the best French BB in the line isn't a high tier one so spending FreeXPs won't be a big thing to get a Tier VII :Smile_teethhappy:

I’m thinking they’ll nerf  that 16 gun beast before it hits live service 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

I would recommend you Musashi since she has good guns. 

Roma is stealthy and fast for a BB (also well armored to prevent HE spam) but her guns aren't really reliable. I don't own Roma but as someone who faced severals Roma, I had no issue dealing with them. Shells are fast but they don't pose that much treat. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,613 posts
14,017 battles
12 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

I’m thinking they’ll nerf  that 16 gun beast before it hits live service 

That's fine, it just means a ship line I can completely ignore then :Smile_teethhappy:  There is nothing redeeming about the French BB line except for Lyon.  Whatever job they can do, my current BBs can already perform.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DACO]
Members
174 posts
9,272 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Great advice!!  I jumped in with both feet as soon as the Musashi came out and I'm not enjoying her.  I imagined a tier 9 (as close to premium as you can get) would handle a little better.  Once your concentrated on, it not only forces you to be a potato but you become a baked potato in no time.  Weak AA, slow turning and slow turrets, your aim/lead better be on target for the first volley as the over-pen gods will laugh and  your secondaries do nothing to help.