Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Getting STUCK on islands is getting OLD

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles

Isn't being stopped by an island bad enough...does it have to be a "you're stuck there for the rest of the battle" situation...if this was added in a patch & I didn't get the memo please inform me but if not please tell me why every time I hit an island lately my ship gets stuck. This has happened in multiple battles in every type of ship for months now. What has changed that reverse doesn't work anymore when you hit an island. 

1st run in Donskoi...loaded w/all the good flags to get all the bonus I can & I hit an island dodging torps & then in full reverse for over a minute & not able to move...literally the Lion that took me out got 3 full broadsides on me from the time I got stuck until the time he actually killed me. The 1st 1 I had coming but to be stuck long enough for a BB to reload 2 more times is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles

hmm...or stop running into islands. just a thought.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

That fact that you have a Donskoi and still haven't mastered basic map awareness is disturbing. 

What scares me the most is that your claim that this issue is peristant for you.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
57 minutes ago, smf117 said:

hmm...or stop running into islands

So I'm supposed to take the 8 torps instead of running into the island to avoid them...thanx for the advice...very helpful.

35 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

still haven't mastered basic map awareness

I was "aware" that 8 torps were heading my way & took none of them.

35 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

What scares me the most is that your claim that this issue is peristant for you.

In case you missed this line:

2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"for months now"

That doesn't mean that it happens every battle or even a lot...it's stretched out over MONTHS of time...but the issue of not being able to reverse off an island when a broadside BB is opening up on you for 3 whole volleys is what I would consider a  viable "issue" that needs to be addressed...but I'm so sorry that I "scared" you...hope you made it to the bathroom before you wet yourself...

Now both of you go troll troll troll your boats back under your respective bridges.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So I'm supposed to take the 8 torps instead of running into the island to avoid them...thanx for the advice...very helpful.

Sounds to me like it happens to you all the time torps or no torps so I say again, how about not running into islands.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
2 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Sounds to me like it happens to you all the time torps or no torps so I say again, how about not running into islands.

Well it doesn't happen to me all the time torps or no torps so the troll bridge comment still stands.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,698 battles
1 hour ago, smf117 said:

hmm...or stop running into islands. just a thought.

It is not a matter of 'stop running into islands', those dang islands are just plain sneaky! they will come out of no where and sneak right up on you and then make sure you plant yourself on them. :Smile_amazed:

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Lol, this reminds me of a time when I managed to trap my Cleveland inside a crescent bay, the only possible angle into it was a full speed turn. That was also the only way to get unstuck. 

Players were asking why I wasn't coming to help them and pinging my location on the map. My reply was "would if I could" and there was a good laugh at my predicament...

It was literally that one scene from Austin Powers with the golf cart.

Sign in to follow this