You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leed_2018

Research points help

130 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
237 battles

So i can only use research points on the ship i earn them on? First it was not earning enough, now its being limited on where you can use it. Its just a way to get people to buy in-game currency. Its almost like a progress reset if i want to level-up another ship. I wanted to get points with one ship so i can go over and research the aircraft carrier but that is not possible. This game is  just becoming a waste of time. The bots are really annoying me too, they just crash into the border/ islands and get stuck, or miss 90% of there shots. Thousands of people online and we cant get a full human server?

I also just got 5 teamed because i keep getting stupid bots as teammates and new people. Can these people understand you need to press WASD to go? Or are they just going to stay afk at the start?

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

XP is used for research and they are used to unlock upgrades to the ship (hull, guns, topedoes etc...) and used to research the next ship in the tree.  The higher the tier the more XP you need to research the ships and upgrades.

[TBCIC]
Members
576 posts
6,361 battles

Try Season/Ranked or Random battles .. but I agree with you .. it is "a waste of time" .. but time well spent IF you are just into the pew pew pew ..

Edited by Tulisang

Members
56 posts
237 battles

I am do random battles, and only get 4 or 5 humans which are divided across two teams. Then the rest is bots, I'm in a relatively populated area too. In just a couple days since i started i have already acquired 4.3 million coins, and cant even spend them. Research points should carry over, because i'm not going to spend countless more hours of my time starting over all my progress on another ship. This game is just repetitive and the lack of players really shows it. Just today i saw a bot stuck driving into the border wall, not even shooting or anything. All the other functioning bots just miss 90% of the shots to keep it "fair." Some of the EXP does carry over, like the convert EXP - but i only get around 49 per battle.

Should i be judging a free game i found online? There is not much attention to detail in the game play. 

Edited by Leed_2018

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
4 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

I am do random battles, and only get 4 or 5 humans which are divided across two teams. Then the rest is bots, I'm in a relatively populated area too. In just a couple days since i started i have already acquired 4.3 million coins, and cant even spend them. Research points should carry over, because i'm not going to spend countless more hours of my time starting over all my progress on another ship. This game is just repetitive and the lack of players really shows it. Just today i saw a bot stuck driving into the border wall, not even shooting or anything. All the other functioning bots just miss 90% of the shots to keep it "fair."

I doubt you get games with only 4-5 players when your highest tier is 4. Even early in the morning there are still full low tier games and short queues.

Members
56 posts
237 battles

There is around 4 - 5 humans in my area playing at the same time (that it can connect too). During the queue it will jump from 27 to 5 to 11 to 3 and eventually just throw me into the game after a minute not caring how many people are in it. it says nearly 100 people in my area, yet cannot connect more then a couple at a time. Even if you ignore this part of my post, there is still the research points. How about no research points, and just make everything by coins, and make coins earning less.

Edited by Leed_2018

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles
4 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

Research points should carry over, because i'm not going to spend countless more hours of my time starting over all my progress on another ship. This game is just repetitive and the lack of players really shows it.

If you are not willing to grind XP then this game is not for you. However, during that grind is where you really learn (hopefully) how to get maximum performance out of your ship and get better. It sounds like you want to just get handed the top tier ships which is usually a recipe for disaster.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
11 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

I am do random battles, and only get 4 or 5 humans which are divided across two teams. Then the rest is bots, I'm in a relatively populated area too.

"Beginner matchmaking"

You'll be seeing lots of bots in randoms until 100 battles or so.

Members
56 posts
237 battles

Yep proves my point. This game has no story-line or point. When would i be able to be handed top tier ships? How is using my best ship to earn money and buying others with that bad? The ships are pretty much the same, if anything they are all taken out by torpedoes. 

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,345 battles

The research progression is this way because it's a bad idea to let people grind nothing but tier 1 ship and jump straight to tier 10 with out learning how to play the intermediate tiers, to learn the increasingly complex game mechanics as you move up in tiers... at least not without paying premium currency for it. 

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles

There are nuances to every nation and ship class so no they are not all the same. Considering you've only played French cruisers I don't know how you can even make that claim.

Members
56 posts
237 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

You'll be seeing lots of bots in randoms until 100 battles or so.

I wouldn't mind them, as long as they were not bad. I would rather have someone with 3 battles over a bot. I'm not going to make it to 100 battles at this point considering i just learned that this game is pure farming. 

Alpha Tester
1,299 posts
9,265 battles

Ima chalk this one up as user error again.

1. Make sure RANDOM BATTLES is selected

2. Take your highest tier ship and enter battle.

3. Dont suck in said battle.

4. Profit.

5. Repeat.

6. Use xp to get the next ship on the line/modules or to move over to CVs from the CORRECT SHIP there is a little line between said ship and the cv line.

7. Continue playing with your new ship

I don't think I can lay that out simpler. It doesn't matter "who's in your area" the match maker will match you server wide. Also in randoms you will never get bots. Not ever. Period.

PS: it's called a TECH TREE for a reason, ever play Civ V or other like games?

PSS: yes you need to make it to 100 matchs, that limit is there so new players don't get stomped

PSSS: This is a MMO, so of course it really doesn't have a story, but the closest thing to a story in game is Operations which you will unlock at a higher account level (these levels shouldn't take you too long)

• Cool 1

Members
56 posts
237 battles

The ships are relatively the same, there is not much to learn. If you can upgrade and use a ship up to tier 10, i bet you can use any other ships in the game. Plus the ships arent that easy to jump, they cost a lot of research points.

Edited by Leed_2018

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,345 battles
1 minute ago, Leed_2018 said:

I wouldn't mind them, as long as they were not bad. I would rather have someone with 3 battles over a bot. I'm not going to make it to 100 battles at this point considering i just learned that this game is pure farming. 

Ok seeya later then. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. 

Members
56 posts
237 battles

Guys at this point lets focus on the main discussion, research points. I am on random battle too. Considering It only says "5" players queued with i join a battle, i can assume the other 13 are bots.  all the people with ":" next to there names  drive all the same, and i noticed how they miss lots of shots. It doesn't take much to use WASD and fire shots at someone, i should be able to use those research points across all ships.  

Honestly i'm done, nice job sucking Demolition Ranch into this game. Everything i don't like about a game is in this game.  Every possible way that would suck you into playing much more time is there. This game should be for fun, not mindless grinding for weeks just to get a couple different types of ships. 

Members
56 posts
237 battles
7 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

Ok seeya later then. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. 

That is a nice formal reply to a debate. Instead of actually trying to see my side and provide a counter-agruement, i'm automatically wrong if i disagree with you.  

Members
56 posts
237 battles

The graphics and everything are nice, but i cannot stand repetitive game play and pointless grinding. 

"If you can't make it good, at least make it look good" - Bill Gates

Edited by Leed_2018

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles
12 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

The ships are relatively the same, there is not much to learn. If you can upgrade and use a ship up to tier 10, i bet you can use any other ships in the game. Plus the ships arent that easy to jump, they cost a lot of research points.

You really have no clue but keep telling yourself that to justify your argument.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles
3 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

That is a nice formal reply to a debate. Instead of actually trying to see my side and provide a counter-agruement, i'm automatically wrong if i disagree with you.  

No, he's basically saying it's not worth wasting anymore time with you based on your prior replies.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

Seems to me that this is not your kind of game, OP. Just uninstall and walk way. There are thousands of games out there, some of those might fit you better.

Members
56 posts
237 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

You really have no clue but keep telling yourself that to justify your argument.

I actually do, and i have been learning a lot about how to use my ship each level. So if i upgrade my ship to tier 10, now i have the general experience to go and buy other ships and use them with only some adapting needed (this is a video game).

Members
56 posts
237 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Seems to me that this is not your kind of game, OP. Just uninstall and walk way. There are thousands of games out there, some of those might fit you better.

I would like this game, only if these issues were fixed. SO i upgrade by shop to level 10 right? Then you don't use that skill anymore since you have to restart. If i'm already tier 10 then i might only need 20 - 30 battles to really learn another ship at my level. Doesn't take much to type WASD. Its just Logic. The difference in some of these high level ships isn't too much, so its not like the idea of the ship has completely changed.

Telling me to uninstall instead of considering a PLAYERS ideas is not very professional. You guys are a ways behind Microsoft (etc), so don't be stuck in one mindset. Lets be open to ideas. Ships are interesting, but everyone here has different passions for them, some won't spend weeks farming for just a virtual model. Your going to have a small fan base (comparably) if you only want to attract one group of people. 

Edited by Leed_2018

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

Your posts arent making a lot of sense please restate. Also you are at T4 now so you should be out of the protected newbie matchmaker and seeing all player teams in PVP or if that doesnt work hitting account level 11 is another trigger for getting the normal matchmaking. The ships and playstyles change quite a bit among nations and as you move up the tech tree. You have only really played the french cruiser line and you have no experience with any of the other ship types much less nations. Savor the game. It's not a race to T10.

BOBpfh6.gif

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
15 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

I would like this game, only if these issues were fixed.

Yeah that's not going to happen. They're not going to change the very basics of their game and monetization just because one person doesn't like it.

Telling me to uninstall instead of considering a PLAYERS ideas is not very professional.

I possibly might care about that in the slightest if I got paid.

You guys are a ways behind Microsoft (etc)

Go play their games then.

It's obvious you're not having fun here and have serious problems with the very core of this game's mechanics and monetization. Considering that this is a game, meant to be fun and enjoyed, and you're in no way forced to play it, continuing to do so while you're obviously having serious problems with basically every single aspect of it, one might question the intelligence of continuing to play. Like I said, there are thousands of other games that might be more enjoyable for you. Not every game is right for every person, you know. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's not rocket science. Go where you have fun. Go away from where you're not having fun.

But, you know, apparently suggesting that people try to have fun by playing the games they enjoy makes me the bad guy here.

• Cool 1