You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorHavoc

Cheer up please, will you?

31 comments in this topic

[R-F1]
Members
507 posts
21,626 battles

My very first game today we won handily, I think 7 ships alive at the end on our team and zero on the other.  During this match, especially toward the end when it was clear we were gonna win, no less then 4 people insulted everyone still afloat, and one even went so far as to say he was reporting everyone on the team for "doing nothing".  Go take a walk or something please.  @(*#=%@!.  

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,457 battles

I just kind of ignore chat after the first 3 minutes of the game.  Makes life easier

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

It seems par for the course. Salt added gives the game a new flavor. The chef doesn't agree,but the line cooks still add it. It is in your best interest to get your fill of the entre in the first 3 mins and then step away. Ignore the chat.

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,982 battles

Some people will always find something to complain about. 

Members
121 posts
1,519 battles

Sadly this kind of thing happens in most multiplayer games. Best to ignore it and leave the angry folks to their misery...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
674 posts
5,142 battles
1 hour ago, MajorHavoc said:

My very first game today we won handily, I think 7 ships alive at the end on our team and zero on the other.  During this match, especially toward the end when it was clear we were gonna win, no less then 4 people insulted everyone still afloat, and one even went so far as to say he was reporting everyone on the team for "doing nothing".  Go take a walk or something please.  @(*#=%@!.  

Just finished my first game of the day, 153,000 damage with a Cleveland, did my part, in a loss.  What do I have to be cheerful about? 

• Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,090 battles

You really spent time making a post because people in a competitive online game are salty? Maybe you should go take a walk or something.

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
10 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

Just finished my first game of the day, 153,000 damage with a Cleveland, did my part, in a loss.  What do I have to be cheerful about? 

That you have the time & means to play a silly ships game on a computer, instead of fending off starvation and disease in a grass-roofed hut?

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

I was just in a game, an Operation, where someone was screaming to another player that he was going to report him. The other player said "You can't report me for dying, you idiot."

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Unfortunately it seems this has become more and more common in the game.  This used to be a not-so-frequent occurrence, as you were much more likely to see banter and other good-natured fun.  Not anymore.  Salt is no longer the exception in chat, but now the rule.  Now, you have one or two soggy-faced babies who are pissed about something and they have to let everyone know about it.  Then it spreads like a rash.  God help you if you happen to have a different opinion about the matter and have the gall to express it, even with the friendliest of tones.

I don't even bother participating in chat anymore, at least in Randoms.  I've typed absolutely nothing in chat in about a weeks worth of playing.  I just mind my own business now and play my boat.  So many players are angry all the time and have sucked all the fun out of it.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles

One problem the player base gets mad is usually due to the fact there effort and work goes for less. Another is the fact that even if you lose a match you are rewarded for losing the match, when this happens it promotes and allows bad playing behavior on the players that did die and or do bad in matches. This is just as much a problem as the player that openly violate chat rules with no punishment at all when it happens. Comes down too if your job in IRL comes down to making sure a piece of machinery does it job, you let break down would your boss come in hand you free money and tell you that you tried so here is free money for trying? IRL no the boss would fire you and you would get no money at all from the boss from other sources yess but then you still wouldn't get money from the former boss, so why be rewarded for dyeing and or losing a match.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I love when players insult me then I'm top of team, while they're near the bottom

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,873 battles

Maybe WG will fix this, just like they fixed garbage players being able to buy tier 10 ships....

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
4 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

Maybe WG will fix this, just like they fixed garbage players being able to buy tier 10 ships....

lol most likely will never happen they are more afraid of losing any potential business in the game then making choices that will make players happy and more likely to spend money, Look what they did the Staliningrda only way to get that ship is A be in a clan and B do better than any other clan out there so they are adding salt to the problem instead of fixing it.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,099 posts
5,974 battles
45 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

That you have the time & means to play a silly ships game on a computer, instead of fending off starvation and disease in a grass-roofed hut?

WrYGNo8.gif.2d0277e60b0e2a47e62000f67354fbfc.gif

• Funny 2

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,873 battles
1 hour ago, Harv72b said:

Thanks for bringing a little perspective into this...

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I was just in a game, an Operation, where someone was screaming to another player that he was going to report him. The other player said "You can't report me for dying, you idiot."

y not?...fine, great....report the guy....I report ppl (positively too) all the time....maybe I'm wasting a little time with it, but anyone ought to appreciate the karma. ...my karma never went above 1 a while back, bcos I hadn't started getting into learning the game better. ....(also it could have gone below 0 but it can't)...

now it's at 7 bcos I pulled my head out for the time being....and ppl recognize that.....I had it up to 10 but then I plateaued for now....

8 hours ago, MikeDSp said:

lol most likely will never happen they are more afraid of losing any potential business in the game then making choices that will make players happy and more likely to spend money, Look what they did the Staliningrda only way to get that ship is A be in a clan and B do better than any other clan out there so they are adding salt to the problem instead of fixing it.

no it's not...I read in one of the newses today that the Stalingrad is going to be earnable for free soon....salt shmalt...

...and you can't have it both ways here: being afraid of losing potential business instead of making choices that make us happy and spend more are not at cross-purposes. ...you're begging the question...

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
11 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It seems par for the course. Salt added gives the game a new flavor. The chef doesn't agree,but the line cooks still add it. It is in your best interest to get your fill of the entre in the first 3 mins and then step away. Ignore the chat.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I really don't think there is any more salt than in the past. It happens regularly, but rather infrequently. I think those games tend to stand out in our memories and we think they occur more than they really do.

Unless of course, a player tends to be salty themselves.... then any salt will lead to an escalation, and they will have a high proportion of salty games.

Abusive players in all MMO games are a manifestation of poor impulse control. There are three main reasons for this, immature personalities, anonymity, and of course, alcohol.  There really is nothing you can do to stop it. Best to see it for what it is, and just ignore it. 

i

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I really don't think there is any more salt than in the past. It happens regularly, but rather infrequently. I think those games tend to stand out in our memories and we think they occur more than they really do.

Unless of course, a player tends to be salty themselves.... then any salt will lead to an escalation, and they will have a high proportion of salty games.

Abusive players in all MMO games are a manifestation of poor impulse control. There are three main reasons for this, immature personalities, anonymity, and of course, alcohol.  There really is nothing you can do to stop it. Best to see it for what it is, and just ignore it. 

Nah, I am not salty at all, as I will just report bad chat behavior afterwards rather than type in chat during battle. If I play Randoms most every day, I see bad behavior in chat 2-3 times a week. I get enough grief from customers at work, I don't need grief in my fun.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Ya, people in chat can be rather odd. Yesterday I had a game where there was 6 minutes left, we had 3 caps on estuary, and a 300 point lead. They had a full health Freddy left, we had a half health new Orleans, half health Pensacola, and me with 2k hp in the Yorck. There was no reason for us to engage, because we only needed about 200 more points, but this guy in chat kept screaming at us for not engaging.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
29 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Ya, people in chat can be rather odd. Yesterday I had a game where there was 6 minutes left, we had 3 caps on estuary, and a 300 point lead. They had a full health Freddy left, we had a half health new Orleans, half health Pensacola, and me with 2k hp in the Yorck. There was no reason for us to engage, because we only needed about 200 more points, but this guy in chat kept screaming at us for not engaging.

Maybe it is the PvE tag or the 825ish WTR, but I see this enough. I had a game yesterday where three of us were the weak side and were kiting for our lives in B towards A while the guy in A were on the other side of the islands going to B and telling us to turn and fight. Sorry, if 4-6 people are actively shooting at me, while the rest of the team is on the other side of the map, it is time for a fighting retreat. :Smile_hiding:

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles
14 hours ago, Thraxian said:

Why would WG want to restrict people from playing the game?

I mean sure, it's not ideal to have horrible players on your team, but it's part of the game, just like getting dirty while playing football in your backyard.

The venue is a random red vs. blue free-for-all.

If you ever expected (or even just thought it possible) such a game to be free from bad players, (insert meme of 3 African dudes laughing here)