You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aratnomis

What is WG WoWS golden goose

15 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,764 battles

Ahoy mateys! I was chatting with a fellow player the other day and we were discussing where WG got most of its income in WoWS. Premium ships, premium time or dubloons? I guess consumables like flags etc could be a contributor too but in the end we thought the biggest piece of pie would fall under one of these categories.

Does anyone know for sure what the breakdown is? It might also be interesting  what the single largest income item has been in the last 12 months. My bet in this case - Santa crates.

Thoughts.......

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

mostly missouri

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Cash cows can be very small but constantly flowing... what do players constantly replenish for small amounts? 

I would also suggest they get money in ways you don't even imagine...

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles

Personally, I have bought the 2016 Armada bundle and other premiums. Including ARP (10) and HSF (2), I have 70 premium ships. Some like Graf Spee, ARP, and Vampire were earned and I got 8 others in Santa crates. The rest were bought and premium ships are certainly what I have spent the most on since I started.

I have purchased around 500 days of premium time since I started 19 months ago. I have purchased all but 6 perma-camo for ships T6+ and for New York & Nikolai. I sent out Santa crates to friends and CCs. I bought Halloween crates to get the other Halloween special camos. I just recently bought some economic flags when I started running out from what I got in Santa crates.

I have definitely spent my share on this game.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,053 battles

Santa Crates - would not be surprised if 40 to 50% of yearly income is made during this event.

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, Panzer1113 said:

Santa Crates - would not be surprised if 40 to 50% of yearly income is made during this event.

I would not either, but I know in my case, it was ships. I like da ships. :)

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,843 battles

I am pretty sure I spend as much on the Santa crates as I have on all the ship's I've purchased in the preceding year. That one event has to be the biggest moneymaker of the year.

Members
2,396 posts
2,181 battles

I feel its either premium time or doubloons. Gotta have that exp conversion/consumables.

The real hero though is Dunkerque. Everyone loves it, even the people who don't. :Smile-_tongue:

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

If I had to guess, I'd say premium time.

For myself?  I'll by almost anything if it has a unique flag.  Yeah, I'm that guy.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,768 posts
3,925 battles

There are the big spikes and the steady flows.

Big spikes = Santa crates, ship releases (because heaps of people will want one even if Mouse trashes it, if only to try to prove her wrong or if they're in love with it because history/collector), massive armada packages for sale (insta-fleets).

Steady flows - people buying premium time in chunks of a month to a year (even if the latter won't be back for a while); a few doubloons here, a few doubloons there (for respeccing, perma-camo or tech tree premiums); people buying ships or ship packages or flags in dribs and drabs as they can afford it. 

If you are smart, you never bet the farm on one big roll.

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are the big spikes and the steady flows.

Big spikes = Santa crates, ship releases (because heaps of people will want one even if Mouse trashes it, if only to try to prove her wrong or if they're in love with it because history/collector), massive armada packages for sale (insta-fleets).

Steady flows - people buying premium time in chunks of a month to a year (even if the latter won't be back for a while); a few doubloons here, a few doubloons there (for respeccing, perma-camo or tech tree premiums); people buying ships or ship packages or flags in dribs and drabs as they can afford it. 

If you are smart, you never bet the farm on one big roll.

The instafleet in 2016 was great for me. I got a lot of premiums for a greatly discounted price and it was from money I won at work.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,764 battles
7 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

mostly missouri

I hadn't thought of that, cash to convert to free xp... I wonder if there is a spike as people trade in for the mushashi.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Premium time (steady monthly revenue).

Premium ships (including free XP ones).

Permanent camo (I spend 35,000 doubloons on those over time, one for every T10 in port).

Signals (I was buying free XP signals every 100 games for a while, because of free XP ships).

Doubloon deals/packages - people will buy doubloons to retrain captains or free XP stock ships in small quantities, but it does add up.

Big bundles and Santa/Halloween crates too - but I don’t spend on those personally.  Never got a bundle, but did buy one Santa crate, funny enough Leningrad dropped.