Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

Asashio changes, not for me.

41 comments in this topic

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

Holy [Edited], Wargaming, just how out of touch are you?

Deep water torpedoes on a ship that can't defend itself from other destroyers without torpedoes is dumb.

Deep water torpedoes on a ship that can't hit cruisers either is asinine!

You started with an awful idea and just got worse.

You took the Kagerou, which while stealthy, is probably one of the weakest DDs of tier 8, and made a clone of it.

And now you take away it's ability to kill anything that isn't a battleship or carrier.

The best part about all of this, is that if say a cruiser sails over your torps, they still spot them, they just don't die. Now that battleship you were aiming at sees them coming, and they avoid them too!

As an IJN DD main, I declare this ship dead on arrival.

Seriously, Wargaming, the [edited] are you thinking?

• Cool 6

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

Today I learned that changes to "make the ship's gameplay more unique" is just code for nerfs on a ship that needed buffs.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles

inbeforebunchofpeoplecominginhereposting"ermergerdjustkitewithyouraftoverfiringturretskeepotherddsat10kmrange"

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles

Technically, Asashio is the stepping stone between the Shiratsuyu-class and the Kagero-class. So she's really more of a clone of Shiratsuyu than Kagero.

But that's besides the point because the point is that the DWT are just a dumb idea and will likely kill the vast majority of the sales the ship was going to garner.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

We're in an awful position:
Wargaming doesn't care about us because we don't buy premium ships.
Wargaming doesn't make good premium ships for our line.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,670 battles
2 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Don't buy it then

I'm NOT  ! ! ! !

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Don't buy it then

As far as I can tell, no one in my clan, or in any of the other discords I am in, will

and Wargaming will use the lack of sales to justify the lack of attention to IJN DDs.

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles

Did we really need another type of Deep Water Torpedo? No, we did not. Has WG lost the plot? Yep, they have.

Members
17,691 posts
5,084 battles

Wait, you mean they've further "refined" DWTs so they now miss cruisers?

Heaven help the team that gets the DDs that carry even further refined DWTs that only hit CVs......

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Did we really need another type of Deep Water Torpedo? No, we did not. Has WG lost the plot? Yep, they have.

Yes. We need a 3rd one that hits CV only. Then the last one that hits nothing but with zero detection and nuclear warhead.

Edited by chewonit

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Planes permaspotting your DD because of your garbage AA? No problem, now you can DWT the carrier from 20km away!

Oh wait, that might not be how it works :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
3 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Yes. We need a 3rd one that hits CV only. Then the last one that hits nothing but with zero detection and nuclear warhead.

Just what we need, a DD that can grief an entire match by torping an island. :cap_haloween:

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[HYDRO]
Members
1,299 posts
3,653 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Just what we need, a DD that can grief an entire match by torping an island. :cap_haloween:

Or better yet, a DD whose torps go through islands entirely :Smile_child:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Just what we need, and IJN DD that can grief an entire match by torping an island. :cap_haloween:

It's the pinnacle of WG's IJN torpedo balancing: Difficult to get a hit be will cause massive damage when one does.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
18 minutes ago, JackBinary said:

As far as I can tell, no one in my clan, or in any of the other discords I am in, will

and Wargaming will use the lack of sales to justify the lack of attention to IJN DDs.

I want a functional ship as much as the next guy. But the only vote of mine that counts is my wallet.

If the turret traverse was better and reload around 4 seconds we'd have a winner. But we don't, so I'm not spending for it

Edited by Destroyer_Suzukaze

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles

If WG really wanted to make Asashio unique, they should have gone with no smoke generator, but separate Hydro, Speed Boost, and Torpedo Reload Booster consumables. Buff the guns to match Shiratsuyu's in RoF.

Even if everything else remained the same, at least she'd be different enough from a Kagero and slightly superior to a TBR-oriented Shiratsuyu.

• Cool 1

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
6 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I want a functional ship as much as the next guy. But the only vote of mine that counts is my wallet.

If the turret traverse was better and reload around 4 seconds we'd have a winner. But we don't, so I'm not spending for it

WG could make Asashio's guns a Frankenstein combo of USN and RU DD guns, but I still would never touch it with the DWT gimmick.

Members
2,379 posts
2,171 battles
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Or better yet, a DD whose torps go through islands entirely :Smile_child:

So deep they go under tectonic plates. 

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,189 battles

Duh people, the next step will be for ultra-deep water torps that sink only islands!!!  They will be used to remove the cover the CV's, BB's and CA's are all hiding behind.  :Smile_great:

But then they won't be able to do much of anything else.  :Smile_facepalm:

Members
2,379 posts
2,171 battles

True water torpedoes would be next. It would delete a map square worth of water and anyone caught in it has to spend the rest of the match as a sitting duck. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

This is an insult to IJN DD mains.  I'm currently not a fan of the ships, this is not the route to get me aboard.

Sign in to follow this