Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

Buying 10pt Captains

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22,529
[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

You can have multiple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAST]
Members
1,160 posts
7,195 battles

I couldn't imagine WG limiting your ability to spend as much money as you want to spend.  Fill your reserves with as many purchased captains as you can is their motto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

You can buy as many 10pt captains as you wish... WG would never stop you from spending more money XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

The whaliest of whale in the whole wide ocean will have 10,000+ reserve slots, all stocked with premium and/or 19-point captains, with enough Elite (or, Neptune forbid, free) XP to instantly promote any new ones to 19 points, even if they start out with none.

WG doesn't care, it's all just numbers on a spreadsheet to them. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,723 posts
11,347 battles

I assume you can have multiples (we had multiples of ARP captains) but not sure why you would want multiples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles

Is it bad that despite looking in the shop almost every day I had no idea those bundles contained 10-pt captains?  I would love to buy one because the time I spent to get a captain from 3 to 10 is worth way way more than $22.  

But then there’s the aesthetics... nope.  Not going to bite.  Hopefully they do more stuff like this in the future but with a slightly more “real” approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
1 minute ago, galspanic said:

Is it bad that despite looking in the shop almost every day I had no idea those bundles contained 10-pt captains?  I would love to buy one because the time I spent to get a captain from 3 to 10 is worth way way more than $22.  

But then there’s the aesthetics... nope.  Not going to bite.  Hopefully they do more stuff like this in the future but with a slightly more “real” approach.

How much time to get a 10pnt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
7 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

How much time to get a 10pnt?

 

Depends on how often you play. Whether or not you have premium time. If you play PvE or PvP. If you use signals and camo. It can take a while or not depending on how you stack things.

 

Here is how much XP you need for each captain point.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
3 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I'd like to turn the voice off with my one HSF captain...is that even possible?

 

Yes. You can go into setting and change the voice option from standard, where ARP and HSF have the actors speaking the parts, or English and get English on every ship. If you do National, each nation has it's own language used. Commonwealth and US use the standard English lines in National. English setting is what you will probably want. Pirate is funny for Sep 19th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles
41 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

How much time to get a 10pnt?

Like 5 or 6 matches with 35,000 captain XP per match, which is usually the result of 2000 base XP or higher and all the commander XP boosting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
9 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Like 5 or 6 matches with 35,000 captain XP per match, which is usually the result of 2000 base XP or higher and all the commander XP boosting stuff.

 

In PvE, I take about 70 matches to go from 0 to 10pts. The price of playing a relaxed fun mode. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

In PvE, I take about 70 matches to go from 0 to 10pts. The price of playing a relaxed fun mode. :)

I worked it out to a rough number, but it should take around 50 matches for someone who can achieve 2000 base XP average to get to 19pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,796 battles
2 hours ago, Murcc said:

I couldn't imagine WG limiting your ability to spend as much money as you want to spend.  Fill your reserves with as many purchased captains as you can is their motto.

And it is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
24 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I worked it out to a rough number, but it should take around 50 matches for someone who can achieve 2000 base XP average to get to 19pts

1000 XP is a good game in PvE with a first win bonus with T6-7 ships. PvE has a lot less XP and credits as it is easier. I can play badly in PvP and get more XP than a good PvP win, but I don't want to do that. And PvE is more relaxed than PvE, so more fun for me.

 

 

14 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

And it is wrong.

Why? If you want to buy 10 bags of Oreo's why should a store stop you. In the case of WG, the stock does not run out as it is digital, so if you want to spend away, why should they stop you? It's your money until you give it to them in exchange for digital goods and services.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,587
[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles

It would be nice if you could buy non-anime 10 point ship captains.  Not meant to be a rip on the HSF captains, but some of us wouldn't mind buying regular "national" captains, if they were reasonably priced.

 

Heck, here's an off the wall, bizarr-o idea, but it'd be nice if the default starting captain was a 10 point-er.  This way, you'd have a captain with a respectable base of skill to work from.  Not that I ever expect WG to agree with this idea, mind you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,796 battles

Copy your point Kiz, but, as I interpreted that, one should be able to go to Premium Shop and buy 10pt Cpts. I figure that is wrong. I only play PvE. 40% because of server issues, 60% because of the Prima Donna crap from the wannabe unicum players who cannot believe they may have screwed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,270 battles
3 hours ago, Murcc said:

I couldn't imagine WG limiting your ability to spend as much money as you want to spend.  Fill your reserves with as many purchased captains as you can is their motto.

I thought you could only buy one of a premium ship? I recall during Clan Battles it was confusing have two copies of a ship; my earned ship plus the rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
22 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Copy your point Kiz, but, as I interpreted that, one should be able to go to Premium Shop and buy 10pt Cpts. I figure that is wrong. I only play PvE. 40% because of server issues, 60% because of the Prima Donna crap from the wannabe unicum players who cannot believe they may have screwed up.

 

Oh I agree on why to play co-op, but 10pt captains are helpful there as well. I'm a PvE main, and I like when I can earn 10pt captains and being able to purchase them would be nice. Especially now that I'm into the upper tiers in PvE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,249 battles
3 hours ago, Murcc said:

I couldn't imagine WG limiting your ability to spend as much money as you want to spend.  Fill your reserves with as many purchased captains as you can is their motto

"Can I have another Sir?" "Why yes, just click Pay-Pal Oliver."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
9 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

"Can I have another Sir?" "Why yes, just click Pay-Pal Oliver."

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

1000 XP is a good game in PvE with a first win bonus with T6-7 ships. PvE has a lot less XP and credits as it is easier. I can play badly in PvP and get more XP than a good PvP win, but I don't want to do that. And PvE is more relaxed than PvE, so more fun for me.

 

 

Why? If you want to buy 10 bags of Oreo's why should a store stop you. In the case of WG, the stock does not run out as it is digital, so if you want to spend away, why should they stop you? It's your money until you give it to them in exchange for digital goods and services.

Live any where near Cook County Ill.? They are trying very hard to do just that. Just got a repeal to the soda tax of 3 cent per ounce . Because of the obesity of citizens.  Seems silly but it is real Taxes are just one way to restrict what you want as opposed to "What you need"

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Live any where near Cook County Ill.? They are trying very hard to do just that. Just got a repeal to the soda tax of 3 cent per ounce . Because of the obesity of citizens.  Seems silly but it is real Taxes are just one way to restrict what you want as opposed to "What you need"

 

Tampa FL

 

But that is the government taxing a product to discourage its use. Others are saying that WG should not let you buy multiple items like captains. Well why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
287 posts
4,325 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

1000 XP is a good game in PvE with a first win bonus with T6-7 ships. PvE has a lot less XP and credits as it is easier. I can play badly in PvP and get more XP than a good PvP win, but I don't want to do that. And PvE is more relaxed than PvE, so more fun for me.

Wow, that looks like pretty good PvE XP.  I usually just play Coop when grinding the modules / training a captain on a new ship, but that is a lot more than I get on my Tier6 ships.  I don't put signals on for Coop battles (save them for the higher-earning randoms) so even with the 50% first win bonus I will only get around 600 XP in Coop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×