Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Hey Everyone! New player with a question

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
91 posts
1,723 battles

Hey guys!  

I just started playing World of Warships the day before yesterday.   I  have like 47 battles and I'm at Level 8.  I have not spent any money on the game yet, but I am willing to if it will help some.   

 

I have been wanting to get into this game, but up until early December, I did not have a computer worth playing on.  I also play World of Tanks, but On my old computer, I had to run it on it's lowest settings.  and it still looked pretty horrid.    I just got a new gaming laptop, and have been playing Tanks, War Planes, and War Thunder.   

Then the other day I watched a WOWs video that the notso Mighty Jingles posted about the USS Missouri.  And I was super impressed with the details and Easter Eggs. (The table were Imperial Japan signed it's surrender, and the guy from "Under Siege" running around with a large cooking pot, and doing Kata on the deck).  

So I thought what the hell .. i'll check the game out.  And I REALLY REALLY like it!!!    I'm still mostly playing against bots in the Co-Op  but I have played a couple Randoms.  

My question is this...    

            In that Jingles video, he said that Wargaming is removing the Missouri from the game, which is a bummer... as this thing is a BEAUT and what an awesome ship to feature in the game with such a Rich history.         **Is there any way I can get this Ship before it is gone**     750K free XP is a LOT to grind out, especially when you are new and don't really know how to play yet. 

 

So I ask..  what can I do to get this ship before it is gone? or am I .........."up SHIPS creek" so to speak! LoL 

Thanks guys!   

Take care out there!!  

Jack! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

There is no way to short-cut Missouri. Your only real chance now is buying two or three T8 ships, absolutely no-lifing the crap out of them 24/7 to build up as much XP as you can on them and then paying to convert it all to free XP. By the time you're done with that you're probably down $200 total - just to get Missouri.

Basically, you're too late.

But the Iowa sits at tier 9 in the USN BB tech tree and plays 95% the same. Same speed, similar enough agility, same armor except for some minor pieces that don't matter in 99% of the games and most importantly - same guns. Iowa doesn't get Missouri's radar though. but Iowa is free.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
91 posts
1,723 battles

As you can see. I have like 4 or 5 posts...  I wasn't here yesterday.   LoL 

4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Wait... deja vu

Pretty sure someone made the same post yesterday?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Basically, you're too late.

Right on.  It's not technically impossible yet, but the amount of games you'd have to play, and the idea of a brand new person trying to be competitive in the best XP earning ships... it's just not happening.

 

I have to imagine the Missouri will be back some day though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

Also, Missouri isn't being removed from the game entirely, just not available to earn.  It is entirely possible that she may be made available again at some point in the future - we don't have any way of knowing if and/or when that might happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,990
[NDA]
Supertester
4,784 posts
13,602 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

I agree with Lert on this one, you're a bit to late to get on the Mighty Show Me the Money train. But I suspect WG isn't going to shelve the Missouri forever. It might make a return at some point in the future. So my advice, learn the basics of the game, enjoy your time with the fun ships, don't rush up the lines and Save All the Free Exp. Just let it build and at the point the Missouri is put back into the game you'll be able to get her with out spending any money. She is worth the purchase but at T9 the game is very different from the low tiers which is one of the reasons why the ship is behind such a big wall. 

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.
 
P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful.
 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
91 posts
1,723 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

There is no way to short-cut Missouri. Your only real chance now is buying two or three T8 ships, absolutely no-lifing the crap out of them 24/7 to build up as much XP as you can on them and then paying to convert it all to free XP. By the time you're done with that you're probably down $200 total - just to get Missouri.

Basically, you're too late.

But the Iowa sits at tier 9 in the USN BB tech tree and plays 95% the same. Same speed, similar enough agility, same armor except for some minor pieces that don't matter in 99% of the games and most importantly - same guns. Iowa doesn't get Missouri's radar though. but Iowa is free.

 

Thank you Lert for the reply.  I do appreciate it.  I kinda figured I was too late. I should have started playing when it was in Beta but unfortunatley I just didn't have the PC.  But again, Thank you for the reply.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,509
[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

The only way would be to get a premium ship at high tier, play relatively well in it, get 750k ship xp on it and then convert that to free xp. Very costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,591
Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles

As far as spending money, I wouldn't yet.

Getting premium now will certainly speed your advance through the tiers, but that's not a good thing for a new player. You end up at too high a tier too early, and get badly kicked around, then you may get frustrated and quit.

My advice would be to run several lines of different ship types up to Tier 5. Concentrate on learning the mechanics, (since they're the same regardless of tier) and get comfortable with your ships.

Basically, Tier 5 gets kind of screwed by the MM, due to the "protected" MM for the lower tiers. Plus, you start to run into a lot of experienced players.

Once you've become comfortable with the gameplay, and you know Tier 5 frustration (it gets better from Tier 6 on) won't cause you to quit, then spend money if you wish.

Just keep in mind that premium time will get you up the tiers faster, but free play means you're more experienced when you get there.

Just as an example, I've only had a month of premium, to speed up a Tier 9-10 grind, and only after several thousand matches. I do spend a little bit of money regularly, (about $10 every 2-3 months) but it's only for captain retraining, and demounting upgrades. So when you decide to spend, you can also decide on what and how much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I have to imagine the Missouri will be back some day though.

 

4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

It is entirely possible that she may be made available again at some point in the future - we don't have any way of knowing if and/or when that might happen.

 

4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

It might make a return at some point in the future.

I wouldn't count on it, though.

If WG were entirely happy with Missouri's money making coefficient they wouldn't have given Musashi a 20% lower one, which suggests that they're not happy with Missouri's money making potential, and believe it's too high. That makes me conclude that they're unlikely to bring Missouri back exactly as she is now. Now, they won't be able to nerf it because that will seriously piss off everyone who bought a Missouri and go against their "we don't like to directly nerf premium ships" policy. They also can't introduce a 'Missouri' that's the same as the existing ones but with a lower credit coefficient, either. They might introduce another Iowa sister as T9 free XP ships at some point though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
91 posts
1,723 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

The only way would be to get a premium ship at high tier, play relatively well in it, get 750k ship xp on it and then convert that to free xp. Very costly.

Yes!  That is what It would take. And to convert that much Free exp is something like 140 dollars worth of Dubloons, not to mention a Tier 8 premium to use to work up to them.  I suppose it could be done, but I just do't have that kind of money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
Just now, Lert said:

I wouldn't count on it, though.

If WG were entirely happy with Missouri's money making coefficient they wouldn't have given Musashi a 20% lower one, which suggests that they're not happy with Missouri's money making potential, and believe it's too high. That makes me conclude that they're unlikely to bring Missouri back exactly as she is now. Now, they won't be able to nerf it because that will seriously piss off everyone who bought a Missouri and go against their "we don't like to directly nerf premium ships" policy. They can't introduce a 'Missouri' that's the same as the existing ones but with a lower credit coefficient, either. 

This is true, although I'm not entirely convinced that Musashi's credit potential is proof positive that WG feels they 'screwed up' with Missouri

I don't own Missouri myself and testing was a *long* time ago, so I don't remember whether the extra credit earning was a bonus on her camo?  If they felt that was a real problem, they could always release her with a different camo, maybe discount the Free XP cost a bit as compensation.  So early adopters would have paid the 750k free XP for her current camo, while newer players pay, say, 675K free XP but get a less lucrative credit bonus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Now, they won't be able to nerf it because that will seriously piss off everyone who bought a Missouri and go against their "we don't like to directly nerf premium ships" policy. 

Simple! Double credit cost of all ships and items, double earning potential of all ships except Missouri! Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
6 minutes ago, JackG79 said:

Yes!  That is what It would take. And to convert that much Free exp is something like 140 dollars worth of Dubloons, not to mention a Tier 8 premium to use to work up to them.  I suppose it could be done, but I just do't have that kind of money.  

And you'd have to have the elite XP built up to convert.  I'm not sure, starting this week as a new player, that it'd be realistically possible, even if you had the money for the doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

I don't own Missouri myself and testing was a *long* time ago, so I don't remember whether the extra credit earning was a bonus on her camo?

A ship's credit earning potential is baked into the ship, regardless of camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
Just now, Lert said:

A ship's credit earning potential is baked into the ship, regardless of camo.

Yes, but some camos have an additional bonus, and that's what I don't recall about Missouri.  If she doesn't have that anyway, then that makes tweaking the numbers more problematic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
3 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Yes, but some camos have an additional bonus, and that's what I don't recall about Missouri.

Only some consumable ones have a credit bonus. Missouri's camo has a -20% to the service cost modifier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

A ship's credit earning potential is baked into the ship, regardless of camo.

Missouri camo is +100% credits, instead of the usual +50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
Just now, Seadog_Supreme said:

Missouri camo is +100% credits, instead of the usual +50%.

No it isn't, that's XP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Only some consumable ones have a credit bonus. Missouri's camo has a -20% to the service cost modifier.

Well, ditching that wouldn't help much. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,990
[NDA]
Supertester
4,784 posts
13,602 battles

Hey @Lert I've heard the bit about WG not liking how much the Missouri prints credits but is there a solid source on this rummor? I know they have publicly stated the MMC Flag with its bonuses was a mistake but I haven't seen anything official on the Missouri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,502
[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles
3 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Then why does it collect so much?

..... Because there's a huge bonus baked into the ship itself.

3 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Hey @Lert I've heard the bit about WG not liking how much the Missouri prints credits but is there a solid source on this rummor?

If they did, why would they give Musashi a 20% lower coefficient? Think about it - credit earning has absolutely zero influence on in-game performance, so the credit coefficient is not a balancing factor. The only logical reason to lower a credit income coefficient between T9 free XP ships - especially by so much - is if they thought it was too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Lert said:

If they did, why would they give Musashi a 20% lower coefficient? Think about it - credit earning has absolutely zero influence on in-game performance, so the credit coefficient is not a balancing factor. The only logical reason to change a credit income coefficient between T9 free XP ships - especially by so much - is if they thought it was too high.

It is too high. They will never sell credits to someone with the MO. On the other hand, it won't cost them anything to sell it again at a future date, probably Christmastime. Curiously though, Enterprise has been offered only once. My thinking is that they will never say, Missouri is removed from the game, but your chance of getting it going ahead could be very limited. And there are two more Iowa sisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×