Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Winning, and listening to teammates in chat

6 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
343 posts
4,196 battles

I want to present to you guys 2 replays (1 video) that I had some time ago.

In the first, I am playing my first game in the Kagero and managed to get into the enemy cap and just fire my torps. However, a BB on my team really wanted me to actively do more to win. I didn't listen to him and he got very salty in chat. What would you have done?

In the second, I am playing the Arizona on very low health and we are down to 2v2. I was very tempted to take shots and the 2 red BBs, epecially Bismarch(?) when on low health, and the Amagi when he was about to come around an island. However, I decided to play it safe and win with my brain and not my guns. Don't you wish more people would play smart sometimes?

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

My last battle yesterday was on Trap.  With less than two minutes remaining, we had 3 live ships (DD, BB, CA) and 2 caps, they had 2 live ships (BB, CA) and 1 cap.  We were slightly behind on points but were going to catch up in time.  Several of us in chat BEGGED our ships to disengage and secure the win (there were numerous opportunities to duck behind an island, and the enemy ships were not in position to contest a cap) but our cruiser took his 10k remaining health and went Leeroy Jenkins.  He died, we lost.  Frustrating.  Much rather have a player willing to stop fighting if it gets the win.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Had a match yesterday (I was in a Gearing) where a Bismark on our team was extremely salty in chat. Berating everyone on the team for the entire match. According to him: DDs weren't pushing hard enough, CAs weren't being suicidal enough, and BBs weren't protecting his flank well enough.

He spent the entire game trying to snipe, and when our team was down to just a couple ships, this Bismark still had full health (the only damage he had taken was when a friendly CA rammed him then typed in chat that "there, now you've scratched your paint - get in the fight). He was the last ship to die (at the map edge, of course).

He scored dead last on the server. I was the target of a large amount of his salt (I took first on the team). In-game chat is a must, but chat bans need to be far more frequent.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

My last battle yesterday was on Trap.  With less than two minutes remaining, we had 3 live ships (DD, BB, CA) and 2 caps, they had 2 live ships (BB, CA) and 1 cap.  We were slightly behind on points but were going to catch up in time.  Several of us in chat BEGGED our ships to disengage and secure the win (there were numerous opportunities to duck behind an island, and the enemy ships were not in position to contest a cap) but our cruiser took his 10k remaining health and went Leeroy Jenkins.  He died, we lost.  Frustrating.  Much rather have a player willing to stop fighting if it gets the win.

I always keep an eye on the chat, and sometimes follow.   Of course, excessive salt is ignored.

But a call for my flank to push may turn the tide.

And I did have a game similar to yours, Brhino.   It was getting down to the last few ships.   I was having a good-damage game, and got caught a bit in binocular mode.   Totally missed that there was 1:30 on the clock, we were ahead on points, and would win if we didn't lose anyone else.    Someone chatted for me to hold fire.

Whups... missed on my situational awareness there.     Advice was taken, I sent a "roger" in chat, and held fire to lose detection.   The game was won.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I avoided starting a cap in a DD the other day and just kept the 2 red BBs lit and let the timer run out because we were ahead on points. They were sitting at the opposite edge of their own cap circle. I had no smoke either. I was very happy with myself. 

Members
17,787 posts
5,084 battles

I never ignore chat, because often enough, someone clues me in to something I didn't notice.

Sign in to follow this