Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Blyskawica needs some major buffs

124 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles

I haven’t played my Blys in a long time, and after trying it out again, I know why. This ship just isn’t competitive anymore. It relied so much on its stealth fire, and when they took it away they never bothered to buff her to counteract a pretty major nerf that the removal of OWSF brought. Now this ship just isn’t good at all. It’s huge and gets spotted from miles away (6.8km max stealth, it’s pretty abysmal), it’s sluggish and doesn’t turn well, and it isn’t super fast like a Kiev or Leningrad, so it can’t dodge shells well at all. It’s guns were built on being able to stealth fire even without AFT, and now that that’s gone all they have going for them is a decent fire chance and fast-ish shells, but still with sluggish DPM. It’s torps are still very meh (slow, 57kts, only 8km range, only 14.4k dmg, and crucially, it only has 6 of them in 2x3 launchers with a slow reload time). 

Lets compare it with the Maass, a similar ship that’s actually really good. The Maass has hydro, great high dpm guns with amazing AP that can melt broadsides, fantastic torps that are very fast and stealthy, and are 2x4 rather than 2x3, has a lot more hp (17.5k vs 15.5k), has better AA, and for all of this still has the same 6.8km concealment. What does the Blys have going for it compared to the Maass? All I can think of is better range and more guns, but with 6.5sec reload for 7 guns compared to 4sec reload for 5.

The Blys just gets owned by everything now. It can’t spam from range like the Leningrad since it doesn’t have the speed or maneuverability for it, it can’t stealthily torp enemies like the akatsuki or shiratsuyu, it can’t brawl like the Mahan, it can’t wreck battleships and chase down DDs like the Gadjah Mada, and it doesn’t have the hydro, health, flexibility, or cap pushing potential of the Maass. It’s just a bad ship now, and it needs some major buffs.

I would suggest buffing it’s rate of fire, health, concealment, and it’s torps, as it’s just not effective with any of them anymore. It relied so much on its stealth fire to make up for its weaknesses, and now it doesn’t have that going for it either. 

I know it’s been a long time since the great OWSF removal, but this topic is still relevant. The Blys has suffered so much from it, it needs some real love to even be close to be considering competitive. I know the devs probably won’t listen, as there too busy adding another lame B.B. line, but I want people to at least hear my peace. Think about it. The Blys needs buffs, it just does.

 

  • Cool 18
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 13
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,635 battles

Gawd ... stealth firing was fun but if you depended on it that much you were doing it wrong. 

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles

And of course the first reaction I get is a downvote. Guess people don’t like constructive criticism or speaking truth to power anymore. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
1 minute ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Gawd ... stealth firing was fun but if you depended on it that much you were doing it wrong. 

Well what the hell else did it even have going for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[RKN]
Beta Testers
938 posts
8,766 battles

I completely disagree. I just got her this past Christmas and think she’s the best gunboat at her tier. She’ll smash other DDs at 10-12 km with 7 flat shooting 120s that hit hard. I’ll gladly take on any DD at her tier when keeping them at extended range. I only have a ten point captain. With a 19 pt captain I can greatly expand her combat effectiveness with AFT, BFT, and AR.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,044
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,173 posts
8,785 battles
9 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

And of course the first reaction I get is a downvote. Guess people don’t like constructive criticism or speaking truth to power anymore. 

Maybe because what you said was not really constructive. It is as good as she ever was and while it has been power creeped it still carries a 53% overall win rate so it hasn't fallen far. Maybe you need to adapt your play?

Edit: I really wish that people would post why they downvote, which isn't really a downvote, instead of just doing a drive by.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
7 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

And of course the first reaction I get is a downvote. Guess people don’t like constructive criticism or speaking truth to power anymore. 

What truth?  You want the truth?  In the past two weeks Blys still beats Maas you compared it to both in WR and damage done.  It still does better than most T7 DDs, it’s just not on top of the list.  Has it occurred to you that you could adopt to changes instead of asking for buffs?  Blys is still an excellent DD, just not an OP powerhouse it used to be.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,078 posts

It's a pretty terrible ship now. Only good thing is it's 7 guns. But it has a really high ammo det chance, terrible concealment, old useless torps that you only get 6 of.

  • Reduce it's detonation chance.
  • Reduce it's consealment by 0.2KM.
  • Increase torp range 0.5KM.
  • Decrease torp reload 8 seconds.
  • Turret traverse rate 4 seconds faster.

Should make it more competitive.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Maybe because what you said was not really constructive. It is as good as she ever was and while it has been power creeped it still carries a 53% overall win rate so it hasn't fallen far. Maybe you need to adapt your play?

Maybe you should stop relying on fricking Warships.today which has been established is NOT a reliable source, and shouldn’t balance be based on actual ship strengths and weaknesses, not [edited] stats that can easily be manipulated.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

What truth?  You want the truth?  In the past two weeks Blys still beats Maas you compared it to both in WR and damage done.  It still does better than most T7 DDs, it’s just not on top of the list.  Has it occurred to you that you could adopt to changes instead of asking for buffs?  Blys is still an excellent DD, just not an OP powerhouse it used to be.

Again, those stats are NOT reliable and are pretty much meaningless compared to actual values of the ship like health, concealment, dpm, etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
490 posts
12,434 battles

Zero issues when I use it.  Hunt and kill DD's then spam from range rinse repeat.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Again, those stats are NOT reliable and are pretty much meaningless compared to actual values of the ship like health, concealment, dpm, etc 

It’s still a fantastic ship.  It gets solid gun power and alpha at longer ranges, it can still get away with dropping its torps out of detection range, it has decent maneuverability, and it has an excellent chance of eating the other DD alive in a brawl.

It’s not the best in class for any one thing, but it’s truly the jack of all trades in the tier.  

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

t’s the best in class for any one thing, but it’s truly the jack of all trades in the tier.  

You obviously don't get it.  If it isn't the absolute best, then it is garbage.  Do you not listen to Shamu?

  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

It’s still a fantastic ship.  It get solid gun power at long range, it can still get away with dropping its torps out of detection range, it has decent maneuverability, and it has an excellent chance of eating the other DD alive in a brawl.

It’s the best in class for any one thing, but it’s truly the jack of all trades in the tier.  

The Maass is a jack of all trades, hell even the Mahan is more of a good hybrid than the Blys is. What’s so hard about just admitting a ship is bad and WG needs to fix the problem? What’s with all the elitist [edited] about how it’s all my fault, I just need to git gud, when news flash, I am a good player, look me up if you still doubt me

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,044
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,173 posts
8,785 battles
2 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Maybe you should stop relying on fricking Warships.today which has been established is NOT a reliable source, and shouldn’t balance be based on actual ship strengths and weaknesses, not [edited] stats that can easily be manipulated.

The overall numbers are still useful and WoWS Stats & Numbers shows her at 51.82 which is still respectable. Just because it isn't what you want it to be it still performs well which means buffs are not justified. There are a lot of other ships that really do struggle that would benefit from some buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,078 posts

I was thinking about buying the perm camo for Maass and keeping it. By far the best DD at T7. Only took me 24 games from stock to get my Z-23.

j5xnn9j.jpg

If they ever came out with a prem version I would buy it in a heart beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

Guns are decent, perhaps a slight buff to its concealment or torps would be nice. 10km torps would be really nice on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
284 posts
4,286 battles

Hey guys, agree to disagree on the Blyskawica is fine just make sure comments remaining constructive and on topic. Thanks!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
Just now, MorbidGamer said:

I was thinking about buying the perm camo for Maass and keeping it. By far the best DD at T7. Only took me 24 games from stock to get my Z-23.

j5xnn9j.jpg

If they ever came out with a prem version I would buy it in a heart beat.

Same here, I love that ship. I sold it a while back and I need to get it back to restore my sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey guys, agree to disagree on the Blyskawica is fine just make sure comments remaining constructive and on topic. Thanks!

Yes, definitely 

Edited by bubbleboy264

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[REVY]
Members
938 posts
7,309 battles

No issues with Blys here.

Here is why I downvoted OP:

OP said right form the get-go, he has not played the Blys in a long time. That he refers to the 'OWSF' glitch being patched as a Nerf, tells me roughly when he last played it. Since then, the 'OWSF' glitch has been patched and corrected (remember, WG itself said this was never intended to be a 'thing'), also firing in smoke has been nerfed. It now falls right in line with the other gunboat DDs, and as a premium is now neither super OP, nor a Mehbote. In her update on Premium Ships, LWM rates Blys as a Gudbote.

 OP, you have admitted you have not played her in a long time. I suggest playing her and re-learning her. Yes, time and newer ships have caught up to her, but she still plays fine.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
28 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I completely disagree. I just got her this past Christmas and think she’s the best gunboat at her tier. She’ll smash other DDs at 10-12 km with 7 flat shooting 120s that hit hard. I’ll gladly take on any DD at her tier when keeping them at extended range. I only have a ten point captain. With a 19 pt captain I can greatly expand her combat effectiveness with AFT, BFT, and AR.

I think that the Leningrad would have a thing to say about which tier 7 DD was the best gunboat.  (I have both the Blys and the Leningrad, BTW, though I don't get around to playing either all that much, given how many ships I have in my port, both regular and premium.)

Furthermore, while 19 point captains are always a nice thing, getting one in a Blys is a VERY time consuming thing because she's the only Polish ship, whereas the Leningrad, for example, can accept DD captains that have made the long grind up through the tiers in the Russian DD tree.  It's FAR easier to get 19 point captains for nations that have actual tech trees for this reason.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

No issues with Blys here.

Here is why I downvoted OP:

OP said right form the get-go, he has not played the Blys in a long time. That he refers to the 'OWSF' glitch being patched as a Nerf, tells me roughly when he last played it. Since then, the 'OWSF' glitch has been patched and corrected (remember, WG itself said this was never intended to be a 'thing'), also firing in smoke has been nerfed. It now falls right in line with the other gunboat DDs, and as a premium is now neither super OP, nor a Mehbote. In her update on Premium Ships, LWM rates Blys as a Gudbote.

 OP, you have admitted you have not played her in a long time. I suggest playing her and re-learning her. Yes, time and newer ships have caught up to her, but she still plays fine.

Slayer, the OWSF thing wasn't a glitch.  It was an intended feature of the game for a long time.  Mind you, I don't mind that it was removed.  But referring to it as a glitch implies that using it was tantamount to wrongfully abusing the game physics, which simply wasn't the case.  OWFS was entirely known and legit for a long time until WG simply decided that it should be removed.  So, its removal was a nerf to all ships that were able to use OWFS.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Odd this thread popped up today, I played it yesterday for the first time in close to a year. I almost got gunned down by a Shinonome 1v1. The guns seemed very different to almost any other dd, seemed very floaty at short ranges. The torpedo spreads were laughable and afterwards felt like I may play it again next year. Granted getting used to any ship is important....

that 6.8 detect is a killer and with almost every game having ships with much better detection, hydro, radar....seemed very week in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×