You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Triela50

Operation Naral

51 comments in this topic

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
14,604 battles

What is the best tech tree ships by class for this operation? I am not starved for choice so please let me know what you think

Oh and tech tree only 

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

Hmm Hiryu for CV, Gneisenau or Nagato for BB, Fiji for cruiser, for DD I'm not sure yet.

[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles

DDs aren't really useful, except for taking out the Yolo Missouri

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,482 posts
8,034 battles
15 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

What is the best tech tree ships by class for this operation? I am not starved for choice so please let me know what you think

Oh and tech tree only 

KGV, Myoko, Gadja Mada and Fiji work wonders on this operation. Just don't bring a Pensacola or Yorck.

[INTEL]
Members
741 posts
7,855 battles

Really depends on your skill.level.

You'll have to be very good to bring a dd and be a team asset.

BB. Gwagon. After that anything will work if you play smart.

CL/CA. FIJI is first choice by a long margin. That said, my personal best performance in a tech tree cruiser is with the Yorck. Still, Fiji is a super strong consistent performer. Schorors might be second choice.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
14,604 battles

Thank you for all your kind responses I decided  on the Fiji

btw a little off topic The Nelson is a rock star in this operation it smashes this operation

[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles

Nelson is amazing, because of its ability to intensify forward firepower.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

Must be absolutely OP AA..  Use an AA build US cruiser with DF..  Dare I say..  Pensacola?

If you show up in a team of Scharnhorsts..  that bot CV will erase you rather quickly.

Premium-wise -- Atlanta is the best.  In my last failure, I shot down 54 planes and sunk 8 ships.  Torps were a real plus.  I was the last one alive.

And the Saipan is good, as long as it's used PRIMARILY as an AA role over your own ships, and second for attacks.  When striking, only attack the yolo bot ships or your planes will be gone.  Use the AS fighter groups module on the Hiryu and hold your torps/bombers back for later.

Keep those enemy planes off your ships and the rest will fall into place.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,549 battles

If you are remotely good in the Atlanta and have special flags, this operation is a massive xp farming opportunity (plus games go fast and are fun).

I played it three times this morning in the Atlanta:

unknown.png?width=736&height=754

unknown.png

This last one kind of sucked as we didn't get 5 stars.

unknown.png?width=696&height=754

Needless to say I'm going to be farming this operation for free/elite xp as long as it's around as it's easy to carry a team to 4-5 stars and get ridiculous XP. Then again... I'm very, very good in the Atlanta, maybe that helps...

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,213 battles

For DD: Mada is a very good choice, followed by Mahan.

For CA: Penny is actually quite nice, despite what others say (At least I do very well with her).  Her AA + DF comes in handy and swats planes from the sky quite nicely.  Just be sure to keep an island between you and MO.  MO loves Penny.:Smile_hiding:  Fiji isn't a bad choice, but I find Myoko more flexible and more survivable.

For BB: KGV is pretty nice here, with her HE.  Neise's armor comes in handy here plus she has her secondaries and torpedoes, so she is also a very solid contender.

For CV: I find Ranger to be best here.  Her bombers can afford to stray close to the forts (which comes in handy when going for King early), Hiryu's cannot.  You need to be more selective of when to attack with Hiryu, which can cost you if you happen to get a potato team.  I've managed victories in what would otherwise be a loss due to Ranger's bomber survivability.  Plus Ranger's fighters can fight and win against King's and Pilot's (reinforcement CV) fighters with few losses while Hiryu's will suffer.

Premiums:

DD: Sims is a very good support choice here.  Her DF can save a teammate from what would otherwise be a devastating strike from King's and Pilot's TB's.  Because of her mobility, her DF can get around.

CA: Atlanta.  Nothing more need be said. :cap_rambo:

BB: Nelson is king here.  Her turret placement and her Conqueror's Heal can really save the day, plus glorious dispersion.

CV: No contest, it's Kaga.  Do not bother with Saipan.  She is simply not flexible enough to pick up the slack if your team is potato.

Here is a decent Ranger Match:

Spoiler

shot-18_02.01_16_12.59-0418.thumb.jpg.69ef72d766c4ad69d6c58206221c072b.jpg

shot-18_02.01_16.13_02-0930.thumb.jpg.76dd3018814fc75cfaea7533e995ecd0.jpg

shot-18_02.01_16_13.05-0470.thumb.jpg.cde2bfa62be86ba5b710e8f86ca4c2cc.jpg

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

DDs aren't really useful, except for taking out the Yolo Missouri

Honestly, there are very few operations where DDs actually are useful.  Maybe Raptor Rescue, where a smart DD can play the scout/spotter for the team.  But generally, they're not that useful because they don't have the durability or firepower.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,549 battles

Scharn/Gneis are also really good at taking out the MO.

I like it when there are DDs though because it means more XP for the rest of us :Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
17 minutes ago, Volron said:

For DD: Mada is a very good choice, followed by Mahan.

For CA: Penny is actually quite nice, despite what others say (At least I do very well with her).  Her AA + DF comes in handy and swats planes from the sky quite nicely.  Just be sure to keep an island between you and MO.  MO loves Penny.:Smile_hiding:  Fiji isn't a bad choice, but I find Myoko more flexible and more survivable.

For BB: KGV is pretty nice here, with her HE.  Neise's armor comes in handy here plus she has her secondaries and torpedoes, so she is also a very solid contender.

For CV: I find Ranger to be best here.  Her bombers can afford to stray close to the forts (which comes in handy when going for King early), Hiryu's cannot.  You need to be more selective of when to attack with Hiryu, which can cost you if you happen to get a potato team.  I've managed victories in what would otherwise be a loss due to Ranger's bomber survivability.  Plus Ranger's fighters can fight and win against King's and Pilot's (reinforcement CV) fighters with few losses while Hiryu's will suffer.

Premiums:

DD: Sims is a very good support choice here.  Her DF can save a teammate from what would otherwise be a devastating strike from King's and Pilot's TB's.  Because of her mobility, her DF can get around.

CA: Atlanta.  Nothing more need be said. :cap_rambo:

BB: Nelson is king here.  Her turret placement and her Conqueror's Heal can really save the day, plus glorious dispersion.

CV: No contest, it's Kaga.  Do not bother with Saipan.  She is simply not flexible enough to pick up the slack if your team is potato.

Here is a decent Ranger Match:

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_02.01_16_12.59-0418.thumb.jpg.69ef72d766c4ad69d6c58206221c072b.jpg

shot-18_02.01_16.13_02-0930.thumb.jpg.76dd3018814fc75cfaea7533e995ecd0.jpg

shot-18_02.01_16_13.05-0470.thumb.jpg.cde2bfa62be86ba5b710e8f86ca4c2cc.jpg

Actually, on the BB, I think that the Scharnhorst is a beast in Operation Narai because of its secondaries.  I imagine that the Gneisenau could also be beastly for the same reason.

What I've done on a few occasions enter the inner harbor of the enemy base using the more easterly entrances, and get in amongst the merchant ships, and just use torps and manual secondaries to deal with them (I have a 19 point GK captain in her), while using my main guns for the enemy combat ships.  In my most recent battle in this op in my Scharnhorst, I did about 224k damage and 8 kills, wiping out nearly all of the merchies with nothing but the aforementioned torps and manual secondaries.  The great thing about the manual secondaries was that the merchies are so squishy that main gun AP is simply too powerful, but secondary gun HE blows them out of the water in a real hurry.

I will agree though that the Nelson is also a fine BB for this mission.  But with its lowish speed, it tends to be better suited to staying with your invasion force, while the Scharnorst has the speed and durability to push on ahead and wreak havoc on the enemy, particularly if you have a full secondary build on the ship and captain.

• Cool 1

[MBR]
Members
221 posts
5,593 battles

Atlanta is the best ship, but I play with the Myoko, Fiji, Yorck, King George and Duke of York and my average damage is around 120K. If you have memorized where and when the bots will spawn and the, you can win 5 stars easily. I once was the top player with Pensacola.

Edited by MaxVladimus

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,213 battles
43 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, on the BB, I think that the Scharnhorst is a beast in Operation Narai because of its secondaries.  I imagine that the Gneisenau could also be beastly for the same reason.

What I've done on a few occasions enter the inner harbor of the enemy base using the more easterly entrances, and get in amongst the merchant ships, and just use torps and manual secondaries to deal with them (I have a 19 point GK captain in her), while using my main guns for the enemy combat ships.  In my most recent battle in this op in my Scharnhorst, I did about 224k damage and 8 kills, wiping out nearly all of the merchies with nothing but the aforementioned torps and manual secondaries.  The great thing about the manual secondaries was that the merchies are so squishy that main gun AP is simply too powerful, but secondary gun HE blows them out of the water in a real hurry.

I will agree though that the Nelson is also a fine BB for this mission.  But with its lowish speed, it tends to be better suited to staying with your invasion force, while the Scharnorst has the speed and durability to push on ahead and wreak havoc on the enemy, particularly if you have a full secondary build on the ship and captain.

Most folks do not have a 19pt captain and play Scharn incorrectly.  Don't get me wrong, she is a very solid ship, but personally I find Nel a better choice.  She can handle the DD's more reliably, even at range, due to her dispersion and her HE will easily citadel down most of the cruisers you encounter, even if they are angled.

All in all, you do have a fair point.  Scharn is a very nice option as well, and it boils down to: "Sit back and support the convoy directly.", or, "Charge forward and preemptively strike.".  Both have their risks and both rely on how well your team is doing.  If you charge forward but your team is potato, you not only find yourself King bait, but the convoy get's wrecked in the process.  Sitting back means you can better respond to this, but you can get overwhelmed if, once again, your team is potato.

:Smile_great:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
13 minutes ago, Volron said:

Most folks do not have a 19pt captain and play Scharn incorrectly.  Don't get me wrong, she is a very solid ship, but personally I find Nel a better choice.  She can handle the DD's more reliably, even at range, due to her dispersion and her HE will easily citadel down most of the cruisers you encounter, even if they are angled.

All in all, you do have a fair point.  Scharn is a very nice option as well, and it boils down to: "Sit back and support the convoy directly.", or, "Charge forward and preemptively strike.".  Both have their risks and both rely on how well your team is doing.  If you charge forward but your team is potato, you not only find yourself King bait, but the convoy get's wrecked in the process.  Sitting back means you can better respond to this, but you can get overwhelmed if, once again, your team is potato.

:Smile_great:

Well, you don't really need a full on 19 point captain to have an effective secondary build for a Scharnhorst.  Certainly not for this operation.

And if your team is full of potatoes, honestly, there's no much you can do to salvage a 5 star win.  A win maybe, but a 5 star win usually requires some effective team work in most ops.

[-AGW-]
Members
633 posts
9,294 battles

I used the Algerie and Shchors for 4 and 5 stars respectively yesterday. Lots of firepower with fast reload and switching from AP to HE that just melts DDs and Cruisers. Plus Torps for close in work. I torped both the Mo and the last Hood from very close range. There's so much going on around you they don't even find the time to focus and fire back.

The only issues I had were the frame-rates with all the fireworks going on and not being able to use my 24 hours premium at a more convenient time.

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles

Atlanta, by far the best CA/CL.  I know it's not on the tech tree, but just gotta throw this out.

s5JooKo.jpg

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
4 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Atlanta, by far the best CA/CL.  I know it's not on the tech tree, but just gotta throw this out.

s5JooKo.jpg

Jeez, dude, leave some damage for the rest of the team!!!  :cap_rambo:   :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
9,862 posts
7 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

s5JooKo.jpg

I've been watching Atlantas crank up absurd totals in the Scenario, but it seems like the AI literally ignores them. Never see them targeted.:cap_hmm:

Gneis is fine for it though.

Spoiler

FiR73qt.jpg

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,549 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I've been watching Atlantas crank up absurd totals in the Scenario, but it seems like the AI literally ignores them. Never see them targeted.:cap_hmm:

Eh, I play the Atlanta aggressively and get focused a bunch. The leander are actually the ships I've died to because they have a massive ROF and do significant pens since.. lolatlanta.

But that being said, I prefer it when potatoes go ahead and draw fire horribly and die so I get more damage/xp :D

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Reveal hidden contents

FiR73qt.jpg

The lead ship ALWAYS gets targeted in Narai, unlike other operations.  Normally bots will shoot the lowest HP ship first.

[CAST]
Members
1,154 posts
7,152 battles

I use my Atlanta on this one too.  It can generate massive amounts of credits, FreeXP, and captain points.  

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,389 battles

In short, there's not really any bad ships for Narai, except most of the DD"s.