You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

What's one of your better solo winning streaks?

25 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Just a little bit of a fun, less serious discussion thread here...

I had a really bad day for win rate on Wednesday (36%) and was concerned that getting to 50% wins might be starting to fall out of reach, but I won the last two before logging off. 

I then went 7-1 yesterday making me 9-1 over my last 10 (5 wins short of 50%).

All of this got me thinking:. What are some of the veteran's best solo win streaks in PvP battles?

Do share.

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles

20+ish?

I dunno, it spanned over 2 days, so I lost count.

It would be nice if there was a site that recorded that.

Edited by MrDeaf

[SPTR]
Members
25,648 posts
10,824 battles

some of my long solo win streaks:

Spoiler

aeOfbgY.jpg

K1gs3X3.jpg

this one's in a full div teaching my friends the basics of the game:

Spoiler

CsOZPUU.jpg

Edited by Rolkatsuki

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
6,995 battles

Take 'em when you get 'em.   Also remember the losing streaks will happen.    I was 2-10 yesterday, and have had a pretty horrid week.   Good news though - they'll cycle back up into the positives

I like to take those winning streaks and measure what went right.   In those wins, how was my positioning?  How was my contribution - in supporting my teammates, in taking red ships out, in disrupting red's attack, etc.?       

I try to remember what "worked", because when the losing streaks happen, it's quite easy to forget.    After a few losses, I tend to start second-guessing myself.   

• I died early last match because I pushed forward quickly and isolated myself - therefore, I should hang back.
  • I did no damage last match, therefore I should get closer.
  • I got no kills last match, therefore I should wait until ships are low on HP and fire at them.
  • I always run into the red fleet, therefore I should lemming with the team.
  • I'm stuck behind the island at A cap, I should have gone the other direction and supported C.

The second-guessing is what really makes my losing streaks miserable.   

Edited by DiddleDum

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Take 'em when you get 'em.   Also remember the losing streaks will happen.    I was 2-10 yesterday, and have had a pretty horrid week.   Good news though - they'll cycle back up into the positives

I like to take those winning streaks and measure what went right.   In those wins, how was my positioning?  How was my contribution - in supporting my teammates, in taking red ships out, in disrupting red's attack, etc.?       

I try to remember what "worked", because when the losing streaks happen, it's quite easy to forget.    After a few losses, I tend to start second-guessing myself.   

• I died early last match because I isolated myself - therefore, I should hang back.
  • I did no damage last match, therefore I should get closer.
  • I got no kills last match, therefore I should wait until ships are low on HP and fire at them.
  • I always run into the red fleet, therefore I should lemming with the team.
  • I'm stuck behind the island at A cap, I should have gone the other direction and supported C.

The second-guessing is what really makes my losing streaks miserable.   

I've started to figure out DD play, so that helped with 3 or 4 of the wins. I've started using the stealth benefits of them to an advantage rather than trying to engage and be some fantastic WASD hacker in them. 

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

19 in a row over two days,  6 solo and 13 in two different divisions.  About two months ago I had a 28% streak over 18 matches, so yeah, it goes both ways.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Interestingly...I've made the mistake more than a couple of times in ships of thinking Green's are cruising to an easy win so I really get aggressive getting my guns in the game, die, and then greens lose a 4-6 ship advantage. I'm learning not to help snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Members
1,547 posts
9,810 battles

My winning streak record is 12-0  my losing streak record is 2-10

These streaks don't necessary represent how good or bad you play but instead make light of the serious problem that exists in the player matchmaking.

Only ships are matched, which in my opinion is ridiculous. All WG has to do is add a algorithm to first match the ships and then swap them between either side based on their WTR. It won't be perfect or close to perfect but it would be far better than what they have now.

The notion of having to "carry harder" doesn't even work. Several months ago I lost two battles in a row where I had sunk 7 ships in each battle ( 14 sunk! ). When I checked the player stats on both sides it was clear that the enemy in both cases had mostly blue and purple players while the other team yellow and red. In other words, the battle was decided before it started.

win/loss streaks are meaningless in WOWS 

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,493 battles

I've had a 25+ streak a few times, but normally those are with a div.  I think my best solo is around 30, but winning that many in a row rarely happens. 

If you're a newer player, you shouldn't really care about win and loss streaks yet.  You still don't know what your best class is yet more than likely.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,174 battles

I've had up around 20 in a row for wins.  I've also had up around 15 in a row losses.  The first one makes you feel euphoric.  The latter makes you want to pull your hair out.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

My winning streak record is 12-0  my losing streak record is 2-10

These streaks don't necessary represent how good or bad you play but instead make light of the serious problem that exists in the player matchmaking.

Only ships are matched, which in my opinion is ridiculous. All WG has to do is add a algorithm to first match the ships and then swap them between either side based on their WTR. It won't be perfect or close to perfect but it would be far better than what they have now.

The notion of having to "carry harder" doesn't even work. Several months ago I lost two battles in a row where I had sunk 7 ships in each battle ( 14 sunk! ). When I checked the player stats on both sides it was clear that the enemy in both cases had mostly blue and purple players while the other team yellow and red. In other words, the battle was decided before it started.

win/loss streaks are meaningless in WOWS 

again?...this isn't even the topic and this shows up...some other users were at pains elsewhere to clarify how the MM patent works--it DOES slot players at tier according to their recent WR...the algorithm you're looking for is there. ...I called [edited] multiple times (not because I think MM is biased, but bcos how could it do that for everybody and still build full matches....)...but at length I was convinced...

...yah and I'm no great shakes, and play solo almost all the time, so I don't think I've had a streak beyond 8 or 9, twice or three times at most. ....spent most of my first 3k randoms muddling about with lousy WR....blaming my old computer for not being fast enough....that wasn't it...

• Bad 1

Members
1,547 posts
9,810 battles
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, commodore_torakula said:

again?...this isn't even the topic and this shows up...some other users were at pains elsewhere to clarify how the MM patent works--it DOES slot players at tier according to their recent WR...the algorithm you're looking for is there. ...I called [edited] multiple times (not because I think MM is biased, but bcos how could it do that for everybody and still build full matches....)...but at length I was convinced...

...yah and I'm no great shakes, and play solo almost all the time, so I don't think I've had a streak beyond 8 or 9, twice or three times at most. ....spent most of my first 3k randoms muddling about with lousy WR....blaming my old computer for not being fast enough....that wasn't it...

It's not there because it can't be. I've analyzed my winning and losing streaks and in 99% there was no level playing field. The losing team ( even if it was the enemy team) had a severely disproportional amount high WTR players compared to the winning team. I can only compare it to a high school or camp baseball game where all the jocks  and athletes are all piled up on one team. Let's just say that if we were in Las Vegas and the team WTR data was was available before the battle, the odds would be as predictable as the outcome.

The most fun I've had is when the battles are close right until the end. Even if I lose it's still a GG. Unfortunately, in most cases one team loses half their players in the first three minutes and the rest of the battle is nothing more of a countdown.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It's not there because it can't be. I've analyzed my winning and losing streaks and in 99% there was no level playing field. The losing team ( even if it was the enemy team) had a severely disproportional amount high WTR players compared to the winning team. I can only compare it to a high school or camp baseball game where all the jocks  and athletes are all piled up on one team. Let's just say that if we were in Las Vegas and the team WTR data was was available before the battle, the odds would be as predictable as the outcome.

The most fun I've had is when the battles are close right until the end. Even if I lose it's still a GG. Unfortunately, in most cases one team loses half their players in the first three minutes and the rest of the battle is nothing more of a countdown.

Nonsense...battles aren't close a preponderance of the time, but they are close frequently enough....I'd say 25-33% of the time the edge is one ship, like 6-5 or 5-4 towards the end....and most of those margins produce endings that show a 3-3 or 2-2 final....vggs are not rare.... ...what's crucial is that first blood, or else 3 of the first kills versus 2 on the other side, produces enough leverage even starting at 12-12 to make better than a 5-4 or 6-5 edge...when that happens, things fall apart fast for the losing team...

...you say "in most cases one team loses half their players in the first three minutes"...yes: bcos first blood or the first 3 out of 5 kills gains enough leverage that trading down evenly creates a snowballing blowout....and 3 minutes is a long time in this game....DDs come to blows in the first minute+ and sometimes more than one gets dusted inside of 2m....often it's even up, but more often one side loses 2 DDs to nil....when that happens, 3m is enough to separate the winners from the losers early and by 5-6m half of one team is cooked...battles that go a solid 3 or 4 minutes without kills make me sit there thinking...."this one's taking a while to develop"...

one thing that gets me is that if it is an avalanche, often all the xp in the team score will show this: the winners' xp is so lopsided that their worst player outdid the best player on the other team or close to it....this happens about 10-15% of the time.....not in most cases....

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,807 battles

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I had a 10+ winning streak a couple weekends ago: 10-0 on the Sunday, but I'm not sure how the Saturday session ended or the Monday one began.  I only play solo.

Spoiler

5a63e23a9c1b8_Screenshot(217).png.b24f5141ea8b51e23092e96e40e8f115.png

That Sunday session.  I only screencapped it because weekend winning streaks are so rare. :Smile_teethhappy:

I was 6-0 yesterday so we'll see what happens when/if I get some games in later.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
43 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I had a 10+ winning streak a couple weekends ago: 10-0 on the Sunday, but I'm not sure how the Saturday session ended or the Monday one began.  I only play solo.

Reveal hidden contents

5a63e23a9c1b8_Screenshot(217).png.b24f5141ea8b51e23092e96e40e8f115.png

That Sunday session.  I only screencapped it because weekend winning streaks are so rare. :Smile_teethhappy:

I was 6-0 yesterday so we'll see what happens when/if I get some games in later.

I've gone another 4-0 since I made this thread, so somehow I'm 13-1 including the thread creation. I guess I'll work on collapsing that streak tonight after work. Lol

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
20 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I've gone another 4-0 since I made this thread, so somehow I'm 13-1 including the thread creation. I guess I'll work on collapsing that streak tonight after work. Lol

I am supporting your efforts by building a streak in the opposite direction...

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,807 battles
2 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

First game today was a loss after the other 11 ships on my team went East & managed to get pushed back by the 6 enemy ships over there.

Members
1,547 posts
9,810 battles
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, commodore_torakula said:

Nonsense...battles aren't close a preponderance of the time, but they are close frequently enough....I'd say 25-33% of the time the edge is one ship, like 6-5 or 5-4 towards the end....and most of those margins produce endings that show a 3-3 or 2-2 final....vggs are not rare.... ...what's crucial is that first blood, or else 3 of the first kills versus 2 on the other side, produces enough leverage even starting at 12-12 to make better than a 5-4 or 6-5 edge...when that happens, things fall apart fast for the losing team...

...you say "in most cases one team loses half their players in the first three minutes"...yes: bcos first blood or the first 3 out of 5 kills gains enough leverage that trading down evenly creates a snowballing blowout....and 3 minutes is a long time in this game....DDs come to blows in the first minute+ and sometimes more than one gets dusted inside of 2m....often it's even up, but more often one side loses 2 DDs to nil....when that happens, 3m is enough to separate the winners from the losers early and by 5-6m half of one team is cooked...battles that go a solid 3 or 4 minutes without kills make me sit there thinking...."this one's taking a while to develop"...

one thing that gets me is that if it is an avalanche, often all the xp in the team score will show this: the winners' xp is so lopsided that their worst player outdid the best player on the other team or close to it....this happens about 10-15% of the time.....not in most cases....

I don't know what you're smoking but I'd like some lol

Edited by STINKWEED_

[FACT]
Members
398 posts
3,933 battles

Oh, that number is easy: 1. :Smile-angry:

One game win streaks for me. This, of course, only happens when WG, MM, and RNG align and "allow" me to have such a game. :fish_haloween:

Afterwards, I quickly exit the game for the day knowing it will all be downhill from there. Cheers! :cap_win:

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,525 battles

I've seen some of the O7 guys like @Pulicat have contests among themselves on who can hit 30 wins in a row. They rarely miss it.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
8 hours ago, sbcptnitro said:

I've seen some of the O7 guys like @Pulicat have contests among themselves on who can hit 30 wins in a row. They rarely miss it.

Division op

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles

I rather enjoy ending other players long winning streaks :cap_win:

I see OP divisions and I always think our team can send them back to port thinking WTH just happened :Smile_ohmy:

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND