Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Sierra Mike Flag & Smoke Gereator II

3 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,802 battles

I like playing dds and the Sierra Mike flag and SG II are important to my gameplay.  I pick "consumables" each time that I get a container.  Sometimes, I get SG II but more often than not, I get stuff useful for cruisers and BBs.

I can use doubloons to get SG II, but I'd rather earn it.  As far as I know, there is no way to buy the SM flag.

Any suggestions or ideas?  I hate "rationing" these tools to my higher-tiered dds. 

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,025 battles
23 minutes ago, AMajor said:

I like playing dds and the Sierra Mike flag and SG II are important to my gameplay.  I pick "consumables" each time that I get a container.  Sometimes, I get SG II but more often than not, I get stuff useful for cruisers and BBs.

I can use doubloons to get SG II, but I'd rather earn it.  As far as I know, there is no way to buy the SM flag.

Any suggestions or ideas?  I hate "rationing" these tools to my higher-tiered dds. 

You can buy SG II for 22,500 credits instead of doubloons.  When you pick the consumable, select the arrow by the 15 doubloon price and you will also see an option for 22,500 credits.  Be certain that you have credits selected EACH TIME you take out your ship to prevent unwanted spending of doubloons.  As for flags, yeah, you just have to earn them, can’t buy then except trough the store for real money.

Edited by Horama

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
2 hours ago, AMajor said:

As far as I know, there is no way to buy the SM flag.

@Horama already covered the premium smoke generator, but yes--it is impossible to buy the Sierra Mike flag.  There are three possible ways to earn them:

1. Through containers, as you've been doing.
  2. Via earning "Double Strike" medals (10 flags per DS).
  3. As rewards during Ranked seasons and via Campaigns.

I think Sierra Mikes are also one of the possible contents inside Super Containers, but I've never personally received them from one (I have horrible luck with getting SCs at all, though).  I did once get a bunch of Juliet Charlie flags from an SC, at least.

As for me personally, I typically save my SM signals for destroyers which rely on speed: primarily the high tier Soviet ones (Kiev, Tashkent, and once I unlock it Khabarovsk).  While the extra speed makes for a nice improvement in other DDs, it isn't really necessary the way it is for the VMF mini-cruisers.  On the rare occasions when I build up a large amount of them, I'll throw them onto other gunboat builds as well.

Sign in to follow this