You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Joined the dark side...

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Took 51 games on Lion, with type 59 camo and flags I saved up.  I had plenty of extra free XP left over after getting Musashi, enough to jump from the free Queen Elizabeth we got for new year mission into Lion.  Have not taken it out yet, burned out after grind.

CBCDF5D4-BB04-4029-9644-EE4FEA54E297.thumb.jpeg.ed15262cb47e89f180b53b4fce1dad06.jpeg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

Just got lion myself, hate the Monarch with a passion. Haven't actually taken Lion out as I am still retraining the captain.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles
36 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Took 51 games on Lion, with type 59 camo and flags I saved up.  I had plenty of extra free XP left over after getting Musashi, enough to jump from the free Queen Elizabeth we got for new year mission into Lion.  Have not taken it out yet, burned out after grind.

CBCDF5D4-BB04-4029-9644-EE4FEA54E297.thumb.jpeg.ed15262cb47e89f180b53b4fce1dad06.jpeg

WdARlaD.gif

6EThcK1.gif

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

I had 19 point Jack Dunkirk in Nelson, and used elite captain XP to skip retraining.

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles

Still on my free T5, (thanks to the blueprint missions,) have Warspite for T6, and Nelson for T7...

...zero motivation atm to keep moving up the line.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

yah the KGV's tight...one of the few ships that've rewarded my sub-bar skills in all this time. ....I test conned the Monarch on the last PTS, and was underwhelmed like everybody seems to be...didn't HATE it but it's all relative....Is it me or is 18km ridiculous short a range for a T8 BB?....I'm showing my ignorance there for sure. ....

....Monarch's going to be the first ship I fxp past without getting, and now you guys are saying the Lion's not good?... ...2 PTSes ago I test conned one and it seemed good......the superheal may not be as advertised, but still ......

Edited by commodore_torakula
typo

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
23 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

yah the KGV's tight...one of the few ships that've rewarded my sub-bar skills in all this time. ....I test conned the Monarch on the last PTS, and was underwhelmed like everybody seems to be...didn't HATE it but it's all relative....Is it me or is 18km ridiculous short a range for a T8 BB?....I'm showing my ignorance there for sure. ....

....Monarch's going to be the first ship I fxp past without getting, and now you guys are saying the Lion's not good?... ...2 PTSes ago I text conned one and it seemed good......the superheal may not be as advertised, but still ......

Lion was pretty good to me, I enjoyed the ship.  It seems to have done better than I usually do, and some of that was stock too.

wzn09Pj.jpg

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Well hey the Lion's the Conqueror's sister, how bad can she be? Honestly curious what people think about that ship. Least talked about BB in the game IME on these forums. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
17 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Well hey the Lion's the Conqueror's sister, how bad can she be? Honestly curious what people think about that ship. Least talked about BB in the game IME on these forums. 

I don't have a lot of experience in her... mostly because she's pretty [edited]boring to play. You sit in the nosebleeds throwing fireballs at everyone from range... then wallow in and get focus fired while raking in pretty substantial damage numbers. I thought I'd laugh my way to purple drapes... sadly it was too game lame for me.

She sits in port captainless... stripped of all modules, camo and signals. But I have her, and that's a thing.  

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
17 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

I don't have a lot of experience in her... mostly because she's pretty [edited]boring to play. You sit in the nosebleeds throwing fireballs at everyone from range... then wallow in and get focus fired while raking in pretty substantial damage numbers. I thought I'd laugh my way to purple drapes... sadly it was too game lame for me.

She sits in port captainless... stripped of all modules, camo and signals. But I have her, and that's a thing.  

I'm used the the Scharn as a preference, and she brawls pretty well....I wouldn't say "brawl" all the time the way I play, but I err on the side of over-aggressive and make for as far up as I can push reasonably at the beginning...and torps are a thing if you're one on one with another BB head-on...I like the intensity... ...so many DD/CA players bag on BBs that stay back and snipe, deservedly or not, that I don't do that except w/the Fuso to a point. ...when I'm in a DD I don't get hung up about what ppl do, bcos there's no point--and I'm apt to be just as bad for whatever reason. ...

...I don't remember the feel since that PTS with the Lion was a long time ago, but clearly I should take some time to test it with this one and not have my heart set on it. ....

...when the UK BBs debuted, I saw some blowback on the forums to the tune of "Lion/Conqueror are going to rely on their concealment and stay back, it's ridiculous if that's what suits...."

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles
1 hour ago, Aristotle83 said:

Basically same strengths, weaknesses as her sister at Tier X.  The 9 guns vs 12 of Conqueror is a huge deal, IMO, as the accuracy of those 9 guns has let me down too many times already, even with ASM1.  Conqueror gets by because she can have 12 of those 419s, but at 9, nah, not reliable enough.

I will take USN 16"'/50 x 9 guns over 9 of those RN 419mm guns any day of the week, any match.  Those USN guns are way more accurate.