You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

This Will Be the Stupidest Topic Ever

33 comments in this topic

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

...I promise...

...What's your favorite function key and why? ....I know they were changed quasi-recently, so I mean the current ones. ...unless you insist on an old one. ....I am open-minded to the perverse, after all... ....

.....of course, initially I thought I should get the list and set it up as a poll, but as stupid as this topic is, I think I'll just leave it....

...I thought about this in particular a long time ago to be the potentially stupidest topic ever, but now that I'm taking the plunge I think ppl might be tempted (not to say compelled) to come up with stupider topics, and finally still stupider ones. ...but if that happens, so be it....."no harm, no foul, no blood, no ambulance," as Chick Hearn used to say. ...if you want to get absurd, be my guest. ...

... ...and I suppose some will say, "They've already done that....do you not read the forums?". ...ok fine. ...

Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles
1 minute ago, commodore_torakula said:

...I promise...

...What's your favorite function key and why? ....I know they were changed quasi-recently, so I mean the current ones. ...unless you insist on an old one. ....I am open-minded to the perverse, after all... ....

.....of course, initially I thought I should get the list and set it up as a poll, but as stupid as this topic is, I think I'll just leave it....

...I thought about this in particular a long time ago to be the potentially stupidest topic ever, but now that I'm taking the plunge I think ppl might be tempted (not to say compelled) to come up with stupider topics, and finally still stupider ones. ...but if that happens, so be it....."no harm, no foul, no blood, no ambulance," as Chick Hearn used to say. ...if you want to get absurd, be my guest. ...

... ...and I suppose some will say, "They've already done that....do you not read the forums?". ...ok fine. ...

My favorite feature right now is the alt key as I have it setup to show me an enhanced aim reticle and it tells me the time till my shells get there. My second favorite is N for the horns best addition in awhile to the game.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

I meant just the F keys but naturally any keystroke's in play I guess...

...how'd you change the ALT to do that?....I've learned so much from the forum ppl it's great...

....yes the N absent the "ho ho ho" is good. ....and IDK but it looks like you get more time on your horn after you lay off it a while. ...yah?

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
4 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

F10 for stepping through code. Though F12 is a close second for spinning up developer tools.

I meant in-game. ...altho u could be teasing me, so. ...

Beta Testers
1,444 posts
2,391 battles

Sorry terrible dev humor.  I guess in game I would have said F3 but I remapped it to the mouse.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
Just now, TheStarSlayer said:

Sorry terrible dev humor.  I guess in game I would have said F3 but I remapped it to the mouse.

nuuuuuuuu, it has to stay at F3, otherwise how do i joke about "F3" being IJN DD's strongest tool

Beta Testers
1,444 posts
2,391 battles
Just now, jason199506 said:

nuuuuuuuu, it has to stay at F3, otherwise how do i joke about "F3" being IJN DD's strongest tool

I'll take a Post It note, write "F3" on it and stick it to my mouse and all will be well in the universe.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
7,315 battles
20 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

...I promise...

F10 at the start, F12 when needed and F11 at the end. I like being polite and supportive.

15 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

The stupidest topic would be me giving advice on how to play DD.

Drive towards the pointy end. Shoot metal fishes into floaty boats. Don't become a sub.

Sorry, but I could not resist. :)

Beta Testers
561 posts
3,460 battles

"Provide cover for that allied spotter plane"

No joke, I have accidentally somehow said something similar to that before in game.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
4 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

I'll take a Post It note, write "F3" on it and stick it to my mouse and all will be well in the universe.

in that case, you're the best ...but I say that to a lot of ppl, so...

...yah I wanted to be enigmatic and seem un-biased so I didn't say my favorite... ...it's F12, just bcos sometimes it gives off the *beep* of censorship, which is can be funnier than the real thing. ...it depends. ....but also I like sometimes putting "'Neptune's Beard' is probably not what I meant" in the chat...bcos I GET BORED!!....which is my fault...

...F10 is a close second, to seem gracious glhf as a combination with the F12...altho if ppl don't have good luck or have fun, that's their lookout. ...

...best riposte I saw was "bad luck and choppy seas" instead. ....

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
7,315 battles
24 minutes ago, Stonehammers said:

"Provide cover for that allied spotter plane"

No joke, I have accidentally somehow said something similar to that before in game.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Was it in a battle with no CV? :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Was it in a battle with no CV? :Smile_teethhappy:

yah and why is it my fighter always flies the wrong way.. ...away from the reds. ...and ppl say even a fighter can help spot torps from further out....never seen it...a DD maybe, but I don't think I've seen it do that either....

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
7,315 battles
43 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

yah and why is it my fighter always flies the wrong way.. ...away from the reds. ...and ppl say even a fighter can help spot torps from further out....never seen it...a DD maybe, but I don't think I've seen it do that either....

I think the fighter all start to the left and circle the ship clockwise.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think the fighter all start to the left and circle the ship clockwise.

seriousry?... ...I never, never would've noticed that....I guess being in the middle of a game'll do that...I'll look for it.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

well nobody's taking me up on how stupid it is....perhaps it's not....I'm starting to think I should've put up a poll....that might have made it stupid...

....I thought of this ages ago, and I thought, that's the dopiest topic you could have--what F key do you prefer??....

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
7,315 battles
7 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

well nobody's taking me up on how stupid it is....perhaps it's not....I'm starting to think I should've put up a poll....that might have made it stupid...

....I thought of this ages ago, and I thought, that's the dopiest topic you could have--what F key do you prefer??....

It is better than the MM is broken, MY team was full of idiots, this boat is OP, this boat need a buff. Those threads happen every day. :)

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It is better than the MM is broken, MY team was full of idiots, this boat is OP, this boat need a buff. Those threads happen every day. :)

those threads happen many times a day. ...when in the right mood, those are actually good for a chuckle..

....yah it's not good for "ever" if half the replies are ME. ....I've had a few topics disappear immediately--one that got swallowed without a single reply (and I've never had an explanation, as it wasn't something that even vaguely seemed like something nobody would take me up on....just weird......)