You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leed_2018

Help with planes

What do you guys think?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Does this game get better, or just repetitive?

• Yes
    • No

5 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
237 battles

I'm pretty new to this game, starting yesterday. So i have just recently bought the IV Duguay-Trouin and it comes with a attack plane. I press T to launch in battle, then nothing. It just circles around my ship, and i have no idea how to send it into battle. On the map it wont let me click on it either... So what is it used for? If it does nothing i'm permanently quitting this game, as its just getting repetitive at this point. Spend half the round driving to your spot --> Get hit with torpedoes --> Triple teamed --> Your teammates cant aim (Or the bots) --> You loose. I'm also not amazed at all by the 'ultra' graphics. I also might quit due to the fact that i have 2.6 million coins and need research points to do anything. Why do i need to research a ship from 1936? it already exists. I also can't repair my ship, so i'm screwed if i get hit by anything big really.

Please tell me this game gets better from here, since its going to take forever to get enough points to get the next ship. The shots barely do 5% damage, so that is why i constantly see torpedo spam.

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
80 posts
4,694 battles

Ship launched planes just patrol in a radius around your ship.  You cannot control them.  They will engage other planes when they approach your ship.

You need to "research" a ship from 1936 because the one you currently have is "older"  This is a great game, just be patient.  Everything does not happen overnight.  Try play a non-premium at lower tiers for a while, learn the game.  If "historical", and I say that loosely, games are your thing, give WOWS a chance.

Smile its a kitten

Cat gun.jpg

Edited by Scratched
edit

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
1 hour ago, Leed_2018 said:

i have 2.6 million coins and need research points to do anything.

You know... you need to actually play to advance, right? Also 2.6 million credits goes fast when you get further.

I also can't repair my ship, so i'm screwed if i get hit by anything big really.

Battleships and British cruisers have heals.

Why do i need to research a ship from 1936? it already exists.

By that logic the only ship you'll ever need to research won't exist for several years, no? Plus technically Duguay Trouin doesn't exist anymore. She was scrapped.

I press T to launch in battle, then nothing. It just circles around my ship, and i have no idea how to send it into battle. On the map it wont let me click on it either... So what is it used for?

It floats around your ship and does two things:

It's primary role of attacking aircraft near your ship. It's not really supposed to shoot down whole squadrons, it's more to slow the bombers down and apply the "panic" effect that causes their torpedoes and bombs to go all over the place when they drop.

Spotting torpedoes or ships behind islands.

Spend half the round driving to your spot --> Get hit with torpedoes --> Triple teamed --> Your teammates cant aim (Or the bots) --> You loose.

1. Duguay Trouin moves at 33 knots, that's fast for a tier 4 ship.

2. STOP SAILING IN STRAIGHT *expletive* LINES!! You'll be astounded how many torpedoes will miss by several kilometers.

3. You're in beginner matchmaking. That means everyone playing with you either is just as new or is a bot. A bot will have colons around their name. (examples:   :Tegethoff: :Scheer:) To be honest at beginner matchmaking the bots may actually be better than most new players.

4. Bots shoot at either the closest destroyer or the target with lowest health. You're in a cruiser. Okay?

Members
56 posts
237 battles

Thanks, you cleared some things up. I just research points were easier to get..

I do notice how bots don't fire as much as they should. 

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
33 posts

If your triple-teamed your doing it wrong. I have barely a hundred battles but I can tell you that the minimap is a thing. Also, don't sail around islands broadside while detected, it makes for a terrible experience. Once you "git gud" with the French cruisers maybe you should play the Pheonix.  At forty knots that thing is fast and the C hull has radar at tier 4. If that's not OP in the hands of a skilled play I don't know what is.

Excepting Khaba. :cap_cool: