You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

DD Stat quirk?

11 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,656 battles

Just wondering how ALL the tier 2, 3 and 4 DDs can have a better than 50% win rate? (NA, 2 week stats). Only way I can think of is the matches where there is an uneven split in DDs. Does having an extra DD on a team make that big a difference?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

Player A fights Player B  == Player A wins  (overall average = 50% win rate)

Player C fights Player B == Player C wins  (overall average = 66.66% win rate)

Win rates:  A=100%, B= 0%, C= 100%

What this means is that a certain percentage gets it..  A small percentage doesn't.

On the other hand, if the average win rate < 50%..  then less people are good with it.

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles
30 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Only way I can think of is the matches where there is an uneven split in DDs. Does having an extra DD on a team make that big a difference?

Kind of looks that way doesn't it?

[AXANR]
Members
3,357 posts
16,533 battles

Low-tier DDs face no radar and rarely face hydro, have high stealth, and opposing BBs (and some cruisers) have terribad accuracy at that tier. For a new player, the different classes are reasonably balanced, but its very easy for seal clubbers to use low-tier DDs to run rampant over opposing teams. 

Look at Clemson, for example. New players suck in her as bad as they do anything else, but her combination of attributes give her a high skill ceiling. I average almost as high damage in Clemson as I do in Z-52 six tiers lower, because there are plenty of counters to DDs in tier 10 and becayse the level of competition is higher. In Clemson, the only way I have a bad game is if I run into a better seal clubber or get supremely unlucky. I'm the same way in Vampire, Kamikaze, V-170...there aren't any cruisers or BBs in low-tier that are comparable in terms of a seal clubber's ability to sealclub as dominantly (maybe Orion or Konig Albert, but that's it...I don't count Nikolai as she's not been available in forever.) 

So a lot of the disparity there is seal clubbing. I'd bet if you took the top 20% of players in each given boat off of the statistics for that boat, DDs would be much closer to cruisers and BBs in terms of win rate at those tiers. 

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
379 posts
22,728 battles
11 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Low-tier DDs face no radar and rarely face hydro, have high stealth, and opposing BBs (and some cruisers) have terribad accuracy at that tier. For a new player, the different classes are reasonably balanced, but its very easy for seal clubbers to use low-tier DDs to run rampant over opposing teams. 

Look at Clemson, for example. New players suck in her as bad as they do anything else, but her combination of attributes give her a high skill ceiling. I average almost as high damage in Clemson as I do in Z-52 six tiers lower, because there are plenty of counters to DDs in tier 10 and becayse the level of competition is higher. In Clemson, the only way I have a bad game is if I run into a better seal clubber or get supremely unlucky. I'm the same way in Vampire, Kamikaze, V-170...there aren't any cruisers or BBs in low-tier that are comparable in terms of a seal clubber's ability to sealclub as dominantly (maybe Orion or Konig Albert, but that's it...I don't count Nikolai as she's not been available in forever.) 

So a lot of the disparity there is seal clubbing. I'd bet if you took the top 20% of players in each given boat off of the statistics for that boat, DDs would be much closer to cruisers and BBs in terms of win rate at those tiers. 

This

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,243 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Player A fights Player B  == Player A wins  (overall average = 50% win rate)

Player C fights Player B == Player C wins  (overall average = 66.66% win rate)

Win rates:  A=100%, B= 0%, C= 100%

What this means is that a certain percentage gets it..  A small percentage doesn't.

On the other hand, if the average win rate < 50%..  then less people are good with it.

I think you are looking at this wrong.  Wouldn't it be Player A=1 win, Player B=2 losses, Player C=1 win, so in this scenario you would end up with 2 wins and 2 losses, for a 50% win rate, assuming they were all using the same DD?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles
2 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

I think you are looking at this wrong.  Wouldn't it be Player A=1 win, Player B=2 losses, Player C=1 win, so in this scenario you would end up with 2 wins and 2 losses, for a 50% win rate, assuming they were all using the same DD?

No.  It's an average of win rates over the span of players.

This makes it impossible to base specific conclusions upon, since it's a 'muddy' number.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

Cruisers suck at those tiers and battleship dispersion is so bad.

Only counter to those destroyers is other destroyers.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

BTW, tier 2 and 3 IJN are way to OP.

Dertzki at tier 3 is way to much fun....

Try them then you'l understand why the stats are like they are.

[PLPTS]
Members
698 posts

Most people only have like... 10 games played in a T3 DD before they research the next tier. Low tier premiums and seal clubbers being the usual exceptions.

That means all you have to do is win 6 games.

The low tiers have too low of a games played "pool" to make that deduction from.