You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gary_P

I lol'd

22 comments in this topic

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

PTS pt2............I don't think this is even fair

Wtf.png

Members
4,741 posts
5,464 battles
9 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I guess I can't read between the lines.

5 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

You and me both.

313 main battery hits.

30 pens.

283 non-pens.

OP probably forgot to pick IFHE.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,262 battles

Had a game where I had 60% ricochets off of the two t10 dds i was fighting in my t8 bb

they sunk me with torps.

I landed 40 shots on them

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,709 battles

That DD needs IFHE

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
7 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

313 main battery hits.

30 pens.

283 non-pens.

OP probably forgot to pick IFHE.

Which is why we are saying there is no point to this post.

Members
4,741 posts
5,464 battles
Just now, MountainManxDan said:

Which is why we are saying there is no point to this post.

Well, he also managed to still get 86k damage despite having a single digit penetration percentage.

Members
287 posts
4,304 battles

Last night in my Leander I came toe-to-toe with a LaGal.  I surprised him with my concealment advantage and torped him (no WASD!).  So he was quickly down to 10 hp remaining.  I then proceeded to hit him about 40 more times with my AP, before finally shaving off that last 10 hp and sinking him.  Most of those hits showed the regular penetration ribbon, I guess with him having so few hp left, most of the ship was damage saturated?

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,308 battles

you need IFHE on this ship.....

and a broadside Mogami sees that the AZ's AP is no joke either...

xc49fsH.jpg

Edited by pmgaudio

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,932 battles
39 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Last night in my Leander I came toe-to-toe with a LaGal.  I surprised him with my concealment advantage and torped him (no WASD!).  So he was quickly down to 10 hp remaining.  I then proceeded to hit him about 40 more times with my AP, before finally shaving off that last 10 hp and sinking him.  Most of those hits showed the regular penetration ribbon, I guess with him having so few hp left, most of the ship was damage saturated?

This is odd, because I heard something (I think it was from one of the BIA crowd talking to Zath) that HE damage takes from the section, AP from the entire health pool. This would seem to argue against that; if it were true, a Leander's shells going in should easily have scalped those 10HP for you.

Mind you, I have observed a similar phenomenon - came very close to nailing an enemy capital ship in a British cruiser, 300HP left, and for the life of me could not finish him before someone else connected with the fatal shells that ended things. If it were in co-op I'd suspect the game of rigging things in its favour, but in Randoms there would be no reason for the program to do this.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, Gary_P said:

PTS pt2............I don't think this is even fair

Wtf.png

Akizuki"s dual 100mms have 16mm of pen, meaning you cant pen CA belts and BB superstructure without IFHE. 

IFHE is the most important skill for Akizuki, more important that concealment, BFT, Adrenaline and etc. Without IFHE you cant do sh*t with your man guns.

[WOLF5]
Members
439 posts
18,237 battles
46 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Remember the French CL/CAs have space armor. You can actually get 0 damage overpen and 0 damage pens. You go thru the belt armor, but then either fail the bounce check on the Cit armor under it or the shell detonates before it reaches it. What you could have done is actually pen the superstructure to kill him. 

Members
287 posts
4,304 battles

Well however it happened it really pissed me off, because he set me on fire a couple times and knocked out my steering before I could finish off that last 10 hp.  Scared me a bit too, that a zombie-ship was chasing me...   ;-)     I ended up all the way in the corner of the map before I was back together again.

Edited by Mono_De_Mantequilla

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,932 battles
3 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Remember the French CL/CAs have space armor. You can actually get 0 damage overpen and 0 damage pens. You go thru the belt armor, but then either fail the bounce check on the Cit armor under it or the shell detonates before it reaches it. What you could have done is actually pen the superstructure to kill him. 

Thank you for this reminder. Superstructure hits are always the most reliable when in British cruisers. On the other hand, sometimes you get the right angle and then your Emerald just melts them.

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
3 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Well, he also managed to still get 86k damage despite having a single digit penetration percentage.

Which is also nothing noteworthy.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

Thanks for ALL the input. 

I was just trying it out on the PTS.

All your arrogant salty comments were not required, but thanks for pointing out some things I did not think about. I will make an adjustment to the CPt and see how it goes. 

Again, Thank you for ALL your input and have a nice day.

[SF-3]
Members
3,177 posts
8,169 battles
17 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is odd, because I heard something (I think it was from one of the BIA crowd talking to Zath) that HE damage takes from the section, AP from the entire health pool. This would seem to argue against that; if it were true, a Leander's shells going in should easily have scalped those 10HP for you.

Mind you, I have observed a similar phenomenon - came very close to nailing an enemy capital ship in a British cruiser, 300HP left, and for the life of me could not finish him before someone else connected with the fatal shells that ended things. If it were in co-op I'd suspect the game of rigging things in its favour, but in Randoms there would be no reason for the program to do this.

“Zero” damage penetration with AP means you’ve penetrated a main or secondary battery turret. If you want, go into the training room, go up to a target’s broadside at around 2-3km, then aim for the side of a turret. You’ll see plenty penetration ribbons but with almost no damage to the actual ship, and the only damage will come from stray shells that miss the turret and go through the barbette or through the actual ship.

Results might vary depending on the target and what ship you’re using. But for lols, take a Hindy (or probably any other high tier CA might work) and shoot AP into the sides of Yamato’s turrets from 2km. You will completely destroy each turret in a few salvos. Again, lots of penetration ribbons without much damage to the ship itself.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

interesting

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

IFHE worked like a champ

this time 261 hits, 163 were penetration hits

thanks for clarification, That's why I love this game. people helping out others