Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Allthewayup

USS Arizona reload times

37 comments in this topic

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles

Now I've played many games in this ship, I do fairly well at 58%  62,250 . But with all its upsides the reload time just keeps leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Its painfully slow. This also adds on to the New Mexico. The reload is just to slow. Every other ship out guns it in shell size and/or reload speed.  If the Arizona had good AA or great secondaries or 380MM guns it be more balanced but the way it is it isnt. No amount of angling is going to fix this problem. Its not a brawler or a tank ,being front line means death is near. you cant brawl with 60sec 180 turrets and 35 sec reloads. My queen Elisabeth crushes my AZ damage output. 

With Mutsu being released I feel the Arizona and New Mexico needs the buff to 30sec reload more then ever.  Its out gunned at its teir and pitiful  at t7.

AZ may "lead" the charts but that's apples to oranges. its too influenced, most people never play below t8 if its not premuim. And sub tier8 can be researched in under 30 battles. So the learning curve and lack of capt skills really weights on those ships more.  The Arizona stat's will continues to rise as the game goes on. same for any premium ship. Mustsu is early on but i see it topping the AZ rather soon. but that even has to be taken with a grain of salt because the same people may not be playing both ships.

Edited by Allthewayup
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
1,777 posts
5,637 battles

All her sister ships Texas, New York, and New Mexico have the same rate of Fire. You move one and there starts the power creep. They are balanced in that WW1 era profile. They are not designed to be brawlers.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Arizona was, has been, and will be fine.  Very fine.  Darned good, actually.  There is nothing wrong with her reload, and she is MORE than competitive as a T6 battleship.  She is fine when facing T7's.  She is competitive when facing T8's, if you play her a bit more cautiously.  She is slow and her AA is weak, but her accuracy is amazing and she can deal a ton of damage.  If you are having trouble having good games with her, it isn't the ship.  You need to adjust your play in her a bit.

I love Arizona.  I have 81 battles with her, I average 79k damage and 1,475 XP, and have a 59% win rate.  She is one of my pick-me-up ships when I am having a rough go.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles

The Mutsu is one of the worst ships in game and you are complaining about one of the best tier 6 BB's.  The real problem lies in MM and the fact that tier 6 is bottom a lot.  Add the high CV population and it makes it difficult to play.

However compared to her competition at her tier she is one of the best and a buff is unwarranted.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

I find her great accuracy and nice armor at T6 more than makes up for the long reload time. Add on adrenaline rush to the captain and it gets better as your health gets lower.

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
166 posts
8,132 battles

Mutsu doesn't have the armor or survivability of AZ nor the numbers in the artillery department. AZ actually is considered one of the strongest BBs for T6 aside from its poor AA and speed. AZ and NM definitely don't need a buff, it's just that more players in NA play those two ships compared to Mutsu which skews the statistics.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

The Arizona is probably the most pure sniper of all the T6 battleships.  Try playing it from mid-range and you should have a lot more success.  The guns might not be the hardest hitting in the game, but they're certainly usable when bottom tier and extremely strong when top tier.  The only real weakness it has is the same weakness that all Standard battleships have, and that's its painfully slow speed.

Most players consider it a strong battleship, so it might simply be a matter of changing your tactics a bit in the Arizona so that you can better leverage its strengths and mitigate its weaknesses.

Beta Testers
101 posts
8,527 battles

Here's my constructive criticism, starting out your post with, "If you have nothing constructive to say keep on scrolling" is a great way to invite people to troll you.

The Arizona is one of the best well balanced ships at it's tier. If you're having issues playing it, either the ship's play style doesn't suit you.. and that's fine, US BB's aren't for everyone. 
Or watch some videos on how to play it.

It's best used at mid ranges, it can't brawl close, so don't try because it will just get penned and citadelled.

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles

I love the ship also. Got her way too early when I first started playing (I was still a tier 4 player) and I wasn't impressed but it was my fault. I got it because my uncle was on her the Pearl was bombed and survived. I finally got pretty decent in her. Win rate in her went up from 36 to 50. I have 352 battles in her and even got one of my Krakens with it.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Arizona doesn't need a buff, especially such a big one.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,010 posts
9,599 battles

In addition to the previous comments, Arizona's 35 second reload provides the possibility of USS Nevada at T6 with the only 10 guns balanced with a 30 second reload (and AA/secondary suite).

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 1

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
24 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

In addition to the previous comments, Arizona's 35 second reload provides the possibility of USS Nevada at T6 with the only 10 guns balanced with a 30 second reload (and AA/secondary suite).

id take less guns over longer reload any day of the week. like i said my Queen Elisabeth crushes my AZ damage output has better AA and frontal armor config even if its thinner. my bayren beats out my AZ.  the frontal plating is OP on the ship. 

Edited by Allthewayup

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
1 hour ago, MikeTheRipper12 said:

Here's my constructive criticism, starting out your post with, "If you have nothing constructive to say keep on scrolling" is a great way to invite people to troll you.

The Arizona is one of the best well balanced ships at it's tier. If you're having issues playing it, either the ship's play style doesn't suit you.. and that's fine, US BB's aren't for everyone. 
Or watch some videos on how to play it.

It's best used at mid ranges, it can't brawl close, so don't try because it will just get penned and citadelled.

Its the weakest at its tier but above New Mexico. All you have to do Is shoot the bow and you get a cit. it has no bow plating. Queen E, Bayren fuso all have heavy 100mm bow plates. all you have to do is sail angled at the AZ and pop a salvo off

Edited by Allthewayup

[MIA-A]
Members
2,010 posts
9,599 battles
2 minutes ago, Allthewayup said:

id take less guns over longer reload any day of the week. like i said my Queen Elisabeth crushes my AZ damage output has better AA and frontal armor config even if its thinner. my bayren beats out my AZ. 

Nevada would have the best T6 BB AA suite (it's basically got an Atlanta mounted on it) and 4x2 5km base ranged secondaries firing HE per side.  Only hitch is that it's slow at 20.5 kts. I really want it in game.

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
1 minute ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Nevada would have the best T6 BB AA suite (it's basically got an Atlanta mounted on it) and 4x2 5km base ranged secondaries firing HE per side.  Only hitch is that it's slow at 20.5 kts. I really want it in game.

sounds good to me BBs are about fire power you dont have that its useless. I still think the 35 sec is too long for what the ship trades off.

No bow armor, No AA, no secondarys(4km range), no speed, small guns, slow turret speed

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,723 battles

I don't know that I would ever oppose a buff to a ship I really like :Smile_honoring:, but I have to agree with everyone else.  It is, to me, like I am reading about a different ship the way you are describing it.

I am a slightly above average player in general, but I am not particularly fond of BBs and only do mediocre in them in general.  However, even I can do decent in the Arizona.  I am not even a big PvP player, yet I have a 68% win rate in mine over 66 battles (yes, small sample), and I have survived 59% of them, which is 14% over average.  As is typical with BBs for me, I am doing slightly under average damage in it, but that damage is still higher than the average damage of any other Tier 6 BB other than the Dunkerque (and, obviously, the Arizona itself).  I spend most of my time in Coop, and in the Arizona there, I am doing significantly above the average of every other Tier 6 BB despite the fact that, for some reason, the Arizona actually falls to the bottom of the list for Tier 6 BBs in Coop.

Personally, I don't find it all that fragile, and while I am not a "brawler" style of player, the Arizona is probably the one ship I have the most confidence in doing so if I have to do it.  Of course, I am primarily a cruiser player, so anything that survives long enough to get into brawling range is amazing to me. :Smile_great:

As I said, I am not a BB player at all, but I was told I could have only one ship in the game and it had to be a BB, the Arizona would be my hands down choice.

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,085 battles

Arizona has both the highest win rate and the highest average damage of any Tier 6 BB on the NA server, both 2 weeks and overall.  It would be extremely difficult to justify making her even better.  Improving Arizona's rate of fire would create an OP monster on the order of Nikolai or Giulio Cesare but at Tier 6 in my opinion.  From a personal perspective, I can understand your discomfort.  While AZ is my most played Tier 6 BB and my highest average damage Tier 6 BB, my win rate and comfort level are both higher in Bayern and to a lesser extent Warspite.  That is because I often err on being too aggressive, and Bayern, in particular, excels at getting up close and personal.  It is the Tier 6 BB that is most forgiving of over aggression, so it is very comfortable for me.  That said, that is a weakness in my play style, not in AZ.  So, I sympathize with your discomfort, but I do not agree that there should be any buff to AZ.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,335 posts
10,122 battles

I think a reload buff for the T5-T6 USN BB's would not be unreasonable 34-36 seconds is an eternity to wait to reload. I think lowering it to 30 seconds would be ok. AZ is a good BB but lord it is like waiting an eternity for the guns to reload. Same for NY/TX/NM. The ships are slow, they only have average armor, below average secondary guns, and other than TX average at best AA. The guns are not laser accurate either. No reason for them not to get a buff to reload and drop it to 30 seconds.

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
4 minutes ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Arizona has both the highest win rate and the highest average damage of any Tier 6 BB on the NA server, both 2 weeks and overall.  It would be extremely difficult to justify making her even better.  Improving Arizona's rate of fire would create an OP monster on the order of Nikolai or Giulio Cesare but at Tier 6 in my opinion.  From a personal perspective, I can understand your discomfort.  While AZ is my most played Tier 6 BB and my highest average damage Tier 6 BB, my win rate and comfort level are both higher in Bayern and to a lesser extent Warspite.  That is because I often err on being too aggressive, and Bayern, in particular, excels at getting up close and personal.  It is the Tier 6 BB that is most forgiving of over aggression, so it is very comfortable for me.  That said, that is a weakness in my play style, not in AZ.  So, I sympathize with your discomfort, but I do not agree that there should be any buff to AZ.

how about addinga 100mm bow plate? like every other BB at its tier ?

Edited by Allthewayup

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,085 battles
8 minutes ago, Allthewayup said:

how about addinga 100mm bow plate? like every other BB at its tier ?

Why?  The win rate and damage rate show that it does not need any improvement.  It is already the strongest BB at its tier.  If you make it more durable, then the deadly accurate guns will stay in the game longer, and do even more damage, on average, causing an even higher win rate.  It is already the best, there is no possible justification for making it better.

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,085 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think a reload buff for the T5-T6 USN BB's would not be unreasonable 34-36 seconds is an eternity to wait to reload. I think lowering it to 30 seconds would be ok. AZ is a good BB but lord it is like waiting an eternity for the guns to reload. Same for NY/TX/NM. The ships are slow, they only have average armor, below average secondary guns, and other than TX average at best AA. The guns are not laser accurate either. No reason for them not to get a buff to reload and drop it to 30 seconds.

This is a very different proposal than buffing AZ.  AZ has very accurate guns already, so making them also faster reload would make the ship OP.  I actually do think that NY in particular, and to a lesser extent NM & TX, have been power crept by new lines and ships.  NY is simply not competitive at Tier 5.  There has to be some ship which is the bottom ship at each tier, but it is important not to allow the range between the bottom and the top within a Tier to get too large.  NY is just painful to play now, and definitely could use a buff to bring it more into line with the other same tier ships in my opinion.

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
24 minutes ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Why?  The win rate and damage rate show that it does not need any improvement.  It is already the strongest BB at its tier.  If you make it more durable, then the deadly accurate guns will stay in the game longer, and do even more damage, on average, causing an even higher win rate.  It is already the best, there is no possible justification for making it better.

too make it balanced. you have ships with larger guns / better armor layout and 14% faster reloads (fuso 20%). while the AZ sits there with a glaring citadel with no protection.... any and all plunging BB rounds into the bow hit the citadel.

Edited by Allthewayup

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,085 battles
9 minutes ago, Allthewayup said:

too make it balanced. you have ships with larger guns / better armor layout and 14% faster reloads (fuso 20%). while the AZ sits there with a glaring citadel with no protection.... any and all plunging BB rounds into the bow hit the citadel.

If it was so fragile as you suppose, it would not have the best win rate.  The ship is balanced as it is.  It is weaker in protection and speed than most (mind you it has much better overall protection than Fuso), and better in accuracy and damage production than most.  The key is that you cannot simply point your bow directly at other ships in AZ.  You have to use a ~30 degree angle or so to bait attacks at your angled belt.  AZ is quite tanky when played correctly by staying back at medium range (12-15 km) and staying angled.  Notice that AZ has the highest survival rate at Tier 6 of any non-CV as well.  It clearly does not need better protection.

Edited by Nhi_Vanye

Beta Testers
101 posts
8,527 battles

When you say "give it 100 mm of heavy bow plate" what specifically are you talking about? The Citadel athwartships on the Arizona is at it's thinnest 203mm and at it's heaviest 330mm. Or do you mean bow armor, because no BB in the game has 100 mm of bow armor. From the front, the Q.E. Warspite, and Bayern all have less protected, but lower citadels than the Arizona, with them coming in at 152mm/52mm for the Q.E., 152/102mm for the Warspite, and a flat 270mm of Citadel athwartships armor for the Bayern. All BB's at that tier have around 25mm of bow plating. 
Could you just clarify what you're referring to?

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles
28 minutes ago, MikeTheRipper12 said:

When you say "give it 100 mm of heavy bow plate" what specifically are you talking about? The Citadel athwartships on the Arizona is at it's thinnest 203mm and at it's heaviest 330mm. Or do you mean bow armor, because no BB in the game has 100 mm of bow armor. From the front, the Q.E. Warspite, and Bayern all have less protected, but lower citadels than the Arizona, with them coming in at 152mm/52mm for the Q.E., 152/102mm for the Warspite, and a flat 270mm of Citadel athwartships armor for the Bayern. All BB's at that tier have around 25mm of bow plating. 
Could you just clarify what you're referring to?

fore end armor belt

at its max bayen has 270 +200 =470mm or 270mm if it takes a hit dead on

AZ only has a 330 flat citadel with 25mm bow

Edited by Allthewayup

Sign in to follow this