You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Varzor

Noob here, WTB tips ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

71 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
39 battles

Hello, fellow battleship lovers or not (?) lol

Im a new player, trying to learn the game, want to know any tip,advice you guys can give me.
All coments are welcome, rly liked the game and wanna try to grind some ships. I even have fun playing against bots lol thats great.
Atm got Tier Vl German Nürnberg and  Tier V Italian Giulio Cesare (Dont know why, maybe gift or something)

Since im a WoT player i understand some of the basic comands, and can read a map :cap_like:but its a complete different game..

Like i said, any tips, advice or whatever thing its welcome.
Thanks!

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
454 posts
5,527 battles

1. Don't be in a rush to go up ship tiers. 

2. Learn to read the mini map. 

3. Learn when to use HE and AP.

4. Don't sail broadside to enemy unless you have no choice. 

5. Good luck. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, Rangestalker said:

1. Don't be in a rush to go up ship tiers. 

2. Learn to read the mini map. 

3. Learn when to use HE and AP.

4. Don't sail broadside to enemy unless you have no choice. 

5. Good luck. 

This, do not sell a premium ship. Watch the CC videos on YouTube. And here is a invite code if you can use it you can some free ships https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/GMWoN0a

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
11 minutes ago, Varzor said:

Im a new player, trying to learn the game, want to know any tip,advice you guys can give me.
All coments are welcome, rly liked the game and wanna try to grind some ships. I even have fun playing against bots lol thats great.
Atm got Tier Vl German Nürnberg and  Tier V Italian Giulio Cesare (Dont know why, maybe gift or something)

Since im a WoT player i understand some of the basic comands, and can read a map :cap_like:but its a complete different game..

Thanks!

Don't play another game and use this referral code. If you have not reached service level 4, you can get some free premium ships.

https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/OwpAraz

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

Some videos may help you quite a bit. iChase on Youtube has a whole series of them that are pretty well regarded. Otherwise, be patient (both in battle and with the game itself), and don't get discouraged by the learning curve or by the game's community. Good luck and fair seas! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Some videos may help you quite a bit. iChase on Youtube has a whole series of them that are pretty well regarded. Otherwise, be patient (both in battle and with the game itself), and don't get discouraged by the learning curve or by the game's community. Good luck and fair seas! :Smile_honoring:

Or Zoup https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoupGaming

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

This, do not sell a premium ship. Watch the CC videos on YouTube. And here is a invite code if you can use it you can some free ships https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/GMWoN0a

tenor.gif?itemid=4812625

:Smile_teethhappy:

Actually use either one. You can get Diana and Texas if you play until T6. Either i or Chaos_EN2 will get some credits and flags if you go to T6 and get Texas. The two premium ships you get are worth $25-$30.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4812625

:Smile_teethhappy:

Actually use either one. You can get Diana and Texas if you play until T6. Either i or Chaos_EN2 will get some credits and flags if you go to T6 and get Texas. The two premium ships you get are worth $25-$30.

LoL

Or Whiskey's Gaming Lounge https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
3,983 battles
11 minutes ago, Varzor said:

Something that could help a new player getting started..

Well, if you'e planning on going down the IJN cruiser line, the rudder module is a real lifesaver.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,312 battles

1. Welcome to the WoWS family

2. Never show your broadside to the enemy, especially BBs

3. see point 2.

4. Angling is your friend

5. Zoom out and look around once in awhile.

6. As a BB, it's a good idea to never remain on a straight course for any major length of time. More so when it says you are 'Detected' yet you cannot see any Red Ship in sight.

7. Have fun, don't take the game too seriously. The time for that is in Ranked battles.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles

For videos, I like Zoup, ichase and Whiskey Gaming Lounge (URPeacekeeper here on the forum). They all do great informative videos and seeing slightly different takes on this is instructive to me.

Do check out Hangglides' web posts here on the forum. Lots of good info and I learned things even after a year of playing.

If you want to spend money on ships (you don't have to), definitely watch videos on them, but also go to LittleWhiteMouse's Premium ship review. She is the gold standard for ship reviews.

Ask questions here for details as the vast majority of the people here are nice and helpful. Ignore the ones who crawl out from under the bridge. :)

• Cool 1

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

im completely clueless as to how to give a  "general advice" 

the best i can probably come up with is to go watch ichase's "captain's academy" series, it explains a lot of the game mechanisms very well. it helped me a lot

also, wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships is your friend

aside from that, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any specific question

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
28 minutes ago, Varzor said:

Thanks!

Play cruisers for a little while.  It will be frustrating, but they teach you about positioning and angling because when you forget to notice something - you die.  This teaches you better than sailing a battleship.

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

the best i can probably come up with is to go watch ichase's "captain's academy" series, it explains a lot of the game mechanisms very well. it helped me a lot

I think you did fine. :)

• Funny 1

Members
11 posts
39 battles

Thanks a LOT for the replys ppl!
Cant use those invite codes :cap_viking: 
Gonna try to check those channels!!

Members
11 posts
39 battles
7 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

Thanks!! that was a great advice :D

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
307 posts
7,378 battles

Always plan an escape from your position and pay attention to the minimap. Never charge into a fleeing ship unless they are the last ship. Spotting distance is universally tied by ship type. Just because you have a team mate with you doesn't mean they will be there for long. 

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
4 minutes ago, Varzor said:

Thanks a LOT for the replys ppl!
Cant use those invite codes :cap_viking: 
Gonna try to check those channels!!

You are welcome and welcome to the game and forum.

Yeah, the invite codes only work until service level 3, after that you would have to start over and not many people do that if they have spent money on the game. Some do for the $25ish worth of ships. The codes are unique to each player, so they don't expire or anything. Good luck and fair seas.

Members
191 posts

1> As others have said, don't broadside any enemies unless you know you got a sure kill.

2> Go with the/a group, trying to go Rambo just gets you killed fast and makes you a detriment to the team.

3> Try to take objectives. In close fights, the one who gets and holds the points on the map wins.

4> Prioritize what you fight and use the right click when scoped in once in awhile to make sure a better target isn't presenting itself, especially when it is more of a threat to you and your team. (This includes killing low health enemies before taking out some more obvious threats due to damage remains constant even if they have 1hp). This also keeps you from running into friendlies by being aware visually and not just the map.

5> With any new ship, tech tree / purchased /prize / gift / whatever, use the ship awhile to get a feel for it. At first you make think its the worst thing in the game. Give it a bit of time, no one rolls in with a brand new ship and dominates. They all have their pros and cons, get use to it before you make any decisions about using it for extended lengths of time. You may find that "horrible" ship actually does really well as you learn and play style changes.

6> Learn to use cover/terrain. Bare in mind it can be both an asset and a hindrance though (can make dodging torps from a destroyer difficulty if you arent watching for em).

Edited by xovian

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles
40 minutes ago, Varzor said:

Thanks!

Tip 1:

KEEP THE GIULIO CESARE. It's very maneuverable for the tier which playing it enjoyable and that's why it has very high performances.

It's basically WoT on water, same mentality and general philosophy behind the designs.

Members
11 posts
39 battles
2 minutes ago, xovian said:

1> As others have said, don't broadside any enemies unless you know you got a sure kill.

2> Go with the/a group, trying to go Rambo just gets you killed fast and makes you a detriment to the team.

3> Try to take objectives. In close fights, the one who gets and holds the points on the map wins.

4> Prioritize what you fight and use the right click when scoped in once in awhile to make sure a better target isn't presenting itself, especially when it is more of a threat to you and your team. (This includes killing low health enemies before taking out some more obvious threats due to damage remains constant even if they have 1hp). This also keeps you from running into friendlies by being aware visually and not just the map.

5> With any new ship, tech tree / purchased /prize / gift / whatever, use the ship awhile to get a feel for it. At first you make think its the worst thing in the game. Give it a bit of time, no one rolls in with a brand new ship and dominates. They all have their pros and cons, get use to it before you make any decisions about using it for extended lengths of time. You may find that "horrible" ship actually does really well as you learn and play style changes.

Thanks a lot for taking time to give me these great advice!

[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
1 minute ago, xovian said:

This also goes for when someone says a ship is great or stinks as well. Some people do great and others do not with a particular ship. That is why I recommend LittleWhiteMouse (LWM) as she tells you in detail why she likes and dislikes a ship, so after you get a little bit of experience with the game, you can get a feel if a ship will work for you or not. 

Personally, I have yet to find a ship I hate. There are some that I have not figured out yet, but I will. There are a few ships I got that I could not figure out until I got more experience in other ships. This game has a LOT of depth, so don't worry if it seems overwhelming. It just means the game stays fresh for longer as there is always something new to learn.

Members
11 posts
39 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Tip 1:

KEEP THE GIULIO CESARE. It's very maneuverable for the tier which playing it enjoyable and that's why it has very high performances.

It's basically WoT on water, same mentality and general philosophy behind the designs.

I will, rly like it that ship!

Notice that, got lots of things in "common"