Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thudpilotbmx

Public Test Server Torpedo Toggle

6 comments in this topic

[45ACP]
[45ACP]
Members
2 posts
7,913 battles

The last public test that just ended (and a new one is starting today)

Would you please put back the ability to locate the torpedo spread toggle.  I put it on my mouse button (accessory button) so I can go wide or narrow spread  without taking a hand off navigating to press the 3 key.  Can you please put back that ability.  Thank you

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

You should never have to use wide spread anyway. Just pretend it doesn't exist, you'll be better off. 

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles
41 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

You should never have to use wide spread anyway. Just pretend it doesn't exist, you'll be better off. 

Wrong, widespread is a must at point blank attacks. I can remember so many times seeing narrow spreads missing.  That is if you are flanking, also it spreads out damage so you don't get the dmg saturation hits if they hit the same spot.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
26 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Wrong, widespread is a must at point blank attacks. I can remember so many times seeing narrow spreads missing.  That is if you are flanking, also it spreads out damage so you don't get the dmg saturation hits if they hit the same spot.

Interesting point about damage saturation. Hadn't considered that for close in narrow spread shots before. 

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
1 hour ago, Nachoo31 said:

Widespread creates the gaps that makes dodging as if it were a narrow spread unneeded. Widespread makes more torpedoes likely to miss in all situations. If you're at a point where you're close enough to widespread and also hit the ship stem to stern to avoid saturation, you can just narrow spread into the Center of the ship because it can't be saturated anyway, and you guarantee every hit. 

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles
21 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Widespread creates the gaps that makes dodging as if it were a narrow spread unneeded. Widespread makes more torpedoes likely to miss in all situations. If you're at a point where you're close enough to widespread and also hit the ship stem to stern to avoid saturation, you can just narrow spread into the Center of the ship because it can't be saturated anyway, and you guarantee every hit. 

Just did this last night in my Germain destroyer on a Bismark.  1 widespread He took 2 it finished him off.  if I did narrow he could have turned missed them all.    Trust me I have been burned so many times with narrow spreads in point black engagements DD on DD where they all take it on the nose or they hit their speed boost at right time completely avoided them all (or I launched them too early).  

Sign in to follow this