Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Time to remove super containers?

107 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,817
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

It's just a thought... if they did, then by "in-game currencies" they could bump daily rewards. If it is meant to entice people to keep playing to that next container, it's not working, at least on me. Maybe others I suppose it's possible. 

Last super container was before Christmas. Just got one this morning after making the first xp hurdle. Ready? 25 Red Dragons. 

I do appreciate them - thanks. But I seriously do not define that as a "super container". Do you? Ships? Oh heck yes. One hundred of this or that? Sure. Fifty of something? Hmmmm... maybe... twenty-five? Nah. 

I suggested in the past they rework this mechanism. Call them "Bonus containers" not "Super containers". A SUPER container could become even more scarce then - although roughly 45 days between appearances (playing usually through the first two containers daily) is scarce enough for me to make it non-relevant. 

Super containers would then contain something super... a ship, 30 days premium time, 100 of this or a few modules. Stuff the rest of the items into bonus containers with finally your regular two of this three of that as they currently appear, in regular boxes. 

After 45 days, getting a "super container" with 25 flags is most certainly not "super" let alone "SUPER!" tiafyc

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

LOL I went 8 months without getting a Super container.

People need to move on from their sense of entitlement about them.  They're nice little bonuses you get from time to time for doing nothing in particular.  Quit complaining.

  • Cool 11
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,201 posts
6,433 battles

I get on average one SC per 30 Containers, and am continuing to collect the data on them. And one day maybe I'll find a ship in them... :Smile_sad: one day... I am sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
814
[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,835 battles
30 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL I went 8 months without getting a Super container.

People need to move on from their sense of entitlement about them.  They're nice little bonuses you get from time to time for doing nothing in particular.  Quit complaining.

Op wasn't complaining, he was asking for a name change - which you affirmed - to "Bonus Container". Because, as you also add, they are " little" and therefore not worthy of being called "super".

@Herr_Reitz made an excellent case of it...

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,628 battles

I don' think  "Slightly Better Container (with a slim chance of something Super)" will fit on the screen.  :cap_like:

I have been playing for about a month and I have received 3 Super Containers from daily bonuses so far (I always choose Try Your Luck), 2 of them with Special Equipment Upgrades (Scout plane and Hydro Search).

Coming from World of Tanks, where there is nothing like these containers...I greatly appreciate them and think they are done quite well, thanks Warships!

 

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,908 battles

I just got a Supercontainer with 100 Signals in it.  That's pretty Super to me.  Maybe call it a "Super-rare" container.  I am pleased with the system as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL I went 8 months without getting a Super container.

People need to move on from their sense of entitlement about them.  They're nice little bonuses you get from time to time for doing nothing in particular.  Quit complaining.

I'd really like to understand where this idea of "entitlement" comes from. I tend to associate entitlement with getting things for free. I don't know about you, but NOTHING in this game is free. I paid for every single container I've received. Even the "free" ones. 

I'm not sure that it's even possible for a consumer to have a sense of entitlement. It's a consumers job to demand more for less. One would have thought that the north american server, out of all of them, would get that. 

Edited by DingBat
  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

Rare container might be better I think super implies ships premium time and gold rare implies that is rare but not holy

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
14 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I'd really like to understand where this idea of "entitlement" comes from. I tend to associate entitlement with getting things for free. I don't know about you, but NOTHING in this game is free. I paid for every single container I've received. Even the "free" ones. 

I'm not sure that it's even possible for a consumer to have a sense of entitlement. It's a consumers job to demand more for less. One would have thought that the north american server, out of all of them, would get that. 

How have you paid for free things in game?

Please don't advance the argument that you have paid for free things in game, by playing a game.  That is the DEFINITION of entitlement.  Nobody is forcing you to play.  The game is intended for entertainment purposes only.  If you choose to play it, its for your own enjoyment, nothing else.  Your leisure time spent playing the game is worth exactly zero.  If you want that time to be worth something, use it to get a paying job.  That's the way the economy works.

If you have some other, non-entitled, reason why you've "paid" for free content.  I'm happy to consider the merits of your argument.  Otherwise you're just a whining, entitled player.

 

FYI - It's not the consumer's "job" to do anything.  The concept of value and work seems to be something you're struggling with.  It's WG's job to provide a service to customers in exchange for money.  It's up to the customer to decide if the service is worth their money (or lack of money).  But enjoying the service WG provides is not a job.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[SF-3]
Members
1,428 posts
7,875 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

How have you paid for free things in game?

Please don't advance the argument that you have paid for free things in game, by playing a game.  That is the DEFINITION of entitlement.  Nobody is forcing you to play.  The game is intended for entertainment purposes only.  If you choose to play it, its for your own enjoyment, nothing else.  Your leisure time spent playing the game is worth exactly zero.  If you want that time to be worth something, use it to get a paying job.  That's the way the economy works.

If you have some other, non-entitled, reason why you've "paid" for free content.  I'm happy to consider the merits of your argument.  Otherwise you're just a whining, entitled player.

How are you able to define his "leisure" or "free time" as worthless? I can guarantee WG and other businesses do not consider this time worthless, in fact, this is where they make their money. If you don't "spend" your free time on their product they have zero chance of making any money from you. So in that sense, they are in fact, paying or bribing you for your free time, in the hopes they will get a return on their investment. Since its your free time, if you don't feel like you are getting a good value from it, for whatever reason, and spend your free time some where else, then WG gets zero monies from you. It is 100% in WG best interest to make their product as attractive as possible, otherwise, you will take your free time and possibly money to some other company.

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[GT99]
Members
147 posts
4,934 battles
24 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I'd really like to understand where this idea of "entitlement" comes from. I tend to associate entitlement with getting things for free. I don't know about you, but NOTHING in this game is free. I paid for every single container I've received. Even the "free" ones. 

I'm not sure that it's even possible for a consumer to have a sense of entitlement. It's a consumers job to demand more for less. One would have thought that the north american server, out of all of them, would get that. 

1

Misunderstanding there bud, and it is only getting worse. When I was growing up it was taught that you earned what you had, nowadays it's "here is your trophy for participating".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

How have you paid for free things in game?

Your @#$^$#%#$ right I have. With the single most expensive currency in the entire universe: my time. 

How do you think this deal with WG works? They provide a service. If I like it, I patronize it. If I really like it, I invest $. As soon as I no longer like it, I stop patronizing their service. WG tries to spend as little as possible to keep me as a patron. I try to get WG to spend as much as possible to keep me as a patron. That's the entire game. 

"Entitlement" is some f$%^ed up, twisted, bizarro world concept when injected into a business-consumer relationship. 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HCH]
Members
82 posts
7,417 battles

@Herr_Reitz

totally agree , the name "super container" is too loud .... except that they drop are very rare , and the prizes in them on the title of "super" does not pull  quite ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,568 posts
3,893 battles

Wouldn't they have to actually be in the game before they got removed? 


You're getting one every 45 days?!?!?! 

...I might have gotten as many as two last year.   It's hard to remember when they're spaced so far apart.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Agree with OP. Renaming supercontainers to either "bonus" or "special containers" would be best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,035 battles

Just change it to “ Super-rare Containers “ and we should be good to go. 

I do like them, not always what I would prefer, but sometimes something very

useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL I went 8 months without getting a Super container.

People need to move on from their sense of entitlement about them.  They're nice little bonuses you get from time to time for doing nothing in particular.  Quit complaining.

Dreadnought, while I agree with your second paragraph, i wouldn't make how long you went without a super container a serious measure of anything.  We don't know how many battles you fought in that period.  We don't know how many times you reached the XP levels needed to earn 1, 2, or 3 containers.  I mean, if you only played enough to earn 1 container a day, it's rather different from a guy who regularly earned 3 containers a day.  Thus, time is actually irrelevant here.  What's more important is how many daily containers you're earning per day.

I will say that I don't get much luck out of the daily containers when it comes to super-containers, in terms of frequency or what's in them.  But for what it's worth, a couple weeks back, I got a SC with some flags, which was nice enough.  And then I was quite surprised when I got another SC a couple days later, though with a lame super module (not even a good one IIRC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's just a thought... if they did, then by "in-game currencies" they could bump daily rewards. If it is meant to entice people to keep playing to that next container, it's not working, at least on me. Maybe others I suppose it's possible. 

Last super container was before Christmas. Just got one this morning after making the first xp hurdle. Ready? 25 Red Dragons. 

I do appreciate them - thanks. But I seriously do not define that as a "super container". Do you? Ships? Oh heck yes. One hundred of this or that? Sure. Fifty of something? Hmmmm... maybe... twenty-five? Nah. 

I suggested in the past they rework this mechanism. Call them "Bonus containers" not "Super containers". A SUPER container could become even more scarce then - although roughly 45 days between appearances (playing usually through the first two containers daily) is scarce enough for me to make it non-relevant. 

Super containers would then contain something super... a ship, 30 days premium time, 100 of this or a few modules. Stuff the rest of the items into bonus containers with finally your regular two of this three of that as they currently appear, in regular boxes. 

After 45 days, getting a "super container" with 25 flags is most certainly not "super" let alone "SUPER!" tiafyc

 Herr_Reitz, to be fair, all flags are not created equal.  Those Red Dragon flags are Epic economic flags.  And while I generally agree with you in the sense that I tend to think that WG overvalues these flags, they are still VERY worthwhile flags when you're grinding regular tech tree ships.  I got a crapton of the various Epic economic flags in the Santa boxes, and have been using them profusely on my grind ships, thus allowing me to regularly earn over 10k XP in wins, which obviously makes the grind a LOT faster. Also, I tend to stack the combat XP, commander's XP, and Free XP flags (both regular level and epic level) to maximize the amount of those 3 types of XP earned, since commander's and free XP seem to stack on top of how much regular XP you've earned.  So, 25 Red Dragon flags can really help you grind through a regular tech tree ships a good deal faster.  And much faster if you stack it with other combat XP enhancing flags.

Is 25 of them "super"?  Maybe not so much.  But they're still useful flags, and not that easy to come by outside of santa boxes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,733 battles

I think the problem is that when "Super Containers" were first introduced in the game they came fairly often, but WG has over time and in little steps nerfted them.  It's just a marketing trick.

For me, I sort of cringe when I get one knowing it will be 25 of some flag that I really don't need or can buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,052
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

So let me get this straight, you're complaining about free stuff from wg? You don't have to open them if they bother you that much.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
76 posts

I've come to like them - I'll shout "Supercontainer - what's it gonna be?!?!" , my sons (who play wows a little too) will come running and we'll all make guesses.  Then we'll all share groans, mehs, or cheers (but always lols) depending on the results.  Sometimes you have to make your own fun!

 

With that sappy family story out of the way, having different flavors of container wouldn't be bad.  You've already got that one special-normal one with a funny sound and a port slot.  I'd be ok with a little less fanfare for flags and such but a LOT of glitz for a SC that has a ship.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

How have you paid for free things in game?

Please don't advance the argument that you have paid for free things in game, by playing a game.  That is the DEFINITION of entitlement.  Nobody is forcing you to play.  The game is intended for entertainment purposes only.  If you choose to play it, its for your own enjoyment, nothing else.  Your leisure time spent playing the game is worth exactly zero.  If you want that time to be worth something, use it to get a paying job.  That's the way the economy works.

If you have some other, non-entitled, reason why you've "paid" for free content.  I'm happy to consider the merits of your argument.  Otherwise you're just a whining, entitled player.

 

FYI - It's not the consumer's "job" to do anything.  The concept of value and work seems to be something you're struggling with.  It's WG's job to provide a service to customers in exchange for money.  It's up to the customer to decide if the service is worth their money (or lack of money).  But enjoying the service WG provides is not a job.

Actually entitlement is a good thing. A entitlement are things like the GI bill and Social Security which you earn. Now a sense of false entitlement might be what you're looking for. That would be expecting to benefit from the GI bill without serving a day in the military.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
24 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

I think the problem is that when "Super Containers" were first introduced in the game they came fairly often, but WG has over time and in little steps nerfted them.  It's just a marketing trick.

For me, I sort of cringe when I get one knowing it will be 25 of some flag that I really don't need or can buy.

25 epic economic flags, while maybe not as high a number as I think we'd prefer, are definitely worth getting.  And if you're going to cringe when you get something you can buy, then I guess that you cringe when you'd get a tier 8 premium ship you didn't own and wanted?  Hmmm?  (Yes, I know flags aren't ships, but the principle's the same.  It's only a matter of scale.)

Or are you going to tell me that you'd rather have one of the truly crappy super modules rather than 25 epic economic flags?  I sure wouldn't!  Give me the epic economic flags, though yes, I'd rather it was 50 or 100 of them, rather than only 25.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[SLOTH]
[SLOTH]
Members
58 posts
5,037 battles

its just a name so I see no reason why this is an issue.

 

as for the flag thing:

-25 commander dragon flags (assuming I can math) result in about 108,250xp (25 games, 1000xp/game, 83250 from flag) adding the additional 75 games with base xp you get an extra 75000.

-100 regular commander flags would be 150,000xp (100 games, 50000 from flag)

not to mention that you get the bonus xp in a quarter of the time. I would rather have 25 dragons to 100 standards.

 

ship modules shouldn't be part of the drop pool though, since they are ship specific. Flags are reasonably universal so anyone can find them useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×