Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_greifer

Contest Suggestion - Captain Player Image

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,562 battles
When viewing the latest development diaries, French Battleships, at around the 5.27 mark I noted that the in game image for the new French Captain was modeled by a WG worker.

Spoiler

This comment gave me pause, and thought, why not have an image/model of a player in game, perhaps as a winner from a contest held by WG? (either male or female)

This could be for a unique commander, or even a standard reward captain for an event?

The contest itself I think should be up to others or WG, as I was leaning towards meme's or artistic images to submit.
Thoughts? Do you think players would like a competition where their face could up in game as an image?

[SPTR]
Members
25,667 posts
10,829 battles

Do me WG as another French Commander! /^.\\

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Only the beautiful people would. 

People's perception of what is almost never coincides with reality. Do you want to know what an actual warrior looks like? 

STACY-L-PEARSALL-052.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,562 battles

Ah points taken, though the teddy wins I think!

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

I think that would be a cool idea, but it would be shadowing Star Citizen. They have been taking prominent streamers and scanning them into the game for a) their own personal character use and b) as NPCs to be seen by other players.

Interesting idea, but it would be expensive in terms of travel cost to the WG HQ where they have the tech to do it.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,051 battles
8 hours ago, _greifer said:
When viewing the latest development diaries, French Battleships, at around the 5.27 mark I noted that the in game image for the new French Captain was modeled by a WG worker.

Reveal hidden contents

This comment gave me pause, and thought, why not have an image/model of a player in game, perhaps as a winner from a contest held by WG? (either male or female)

This could be for a unique commander, or even a standard reward captain for an event?

The contest itself I think should be up to others or WG, as I was leaning towards meme's or artistic images to submit.
Thoughts? Do you think players would like a competition where their face could up in game as an image?

Bro... WG didn't even bother to host a contest for Emblems and Badges, and they are 2D sprites basically (so everyone and their mom can make them). 

And you think, WG has the forsight to do a 3D modeling contest? 

Sign in to follow this