You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_WaveRider_

Personal Game Wallet?

10 comments in this topic

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts

Just asking the question in the hope someone can give an update, as there seems to have been little information about it since the introduction of Clans/Oil:

WG stated that a player would have a virtual wallet that would accumulate personal oil at the same ratio that they collected it for the clan. The oil was going to be used for in game purchases, but nothing more was really stated.

Has this idea been dropped, delayed indefinitely, still being looked at,  incoming soon (T-61 soon), or soon (for real)? Thank you. :Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
  1. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future.

That's all I ever heard of it.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Just asking the question in the hope someone can give an update, as there seems to have been little information about it since the introduction of Clans/Oil:

WG stated that a player would have a virtual wallet that would accumulate personal oil at the same ratio that they collected it for the clan. The oil was going to be used for in game purchases, but nothing more was really stated.

Has this idea been dropped, delayed indefinitely, still being looked at,  incoming soon (T-61 soon), or soon (for real)? Thank you. :Smile_honoring:

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:
  1. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future.

That's all I ever heard of it.

Same here. This was mentioned as something for the future. No time table given. There will be new buildings as well, but no details or time table. I think that those teases were mainly said to let the player base know that they are going to continue to add to clans and oil.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts

Well, it isn't as if WG aren't continually delivering stuff (and I guess it's up to the individual whether the tempo and content are well balanced), so it certainly isn't a complaint about their efforts. Thank you WG. :cap_like:

It was just a question that fell out of Cluch_Cargo's "Something different in game/Trophy Cases" thread - it is also something (on a totally selfish level and as a Co-Op player), I viewed as generating more, or at least keeping my interest in the game longer; like the chance of earning the patches for that bit of customizable and personal connection with the game.

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
6 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Well, it isn't as if WG aren't continually delivering stuff (and I guess it's up to the individual whether the tempo and content are well balanced), so it certainly isn't a complaint about their efforts. Thank you WG. :cap_like:

It was just a question that fell out of Cluch_Cargo's "Something different in game/Trophy Cases" thread - it is also something (on a totally selfish level and as a Co-Op player), I viewed as generating more, or at least keeping my interest in the game longer; like the chance of earning the patches for that bit of customizable and personal connection with the game.

Oh I agree. I too am interested in what they are going to do with clans. Our PvE clan has all the bonus buildings and the 40 player building, but we have 66,900 oil to go to get the 50 player building. We should get that in a few months, so I'm curious what we will have to spend oil on after that. We'll still keep collecting it as when italian ships come in there is a building for +3% XP for them that will be added. WG also said that they are going to put in a T9 & T10 silver purchase discount buildings as well sometime in the future.

[5BS]
Members
4,530 posts

There are a few things planned for 2018 as mentioned at Wargaming Fest, and one of them is a new currency that will allow users to rebuy things from events no longer available. I suspect personal oil reserves will be tied to this somehow.

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

There are a few things planned for 2018 as mentioned at Wargaming Fest, and one of them is a new currency that will allow users to rebuy things from events no longer available. I suspect personal oil reserves will be tied to this somehow.

That would make sense.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
7 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

What, buy a mission that yields a reward - like you sometimes get if you buy a ship without the Flag and then they offer you a mission to get the flag for real money.......:Smile_sad: I can't see this being that great because it certainly wouldn't be for anything many people would sell their own children for (that's a joke btw).

But as we have no idea what the arrangements for spending oil will be as yet, I will try to remain happily optimistic! :Smile_Default:

[5BS]
Members
4,530 posts
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

What, buy a mission that yields a reward - like you sometimes get if you buy a ship without the Flag and then they offer you a mission to get the flag for real money.......:Smile_sad: I can't see this being that great because it certainly wouldn't be for anything many people would sell their own children for (that's a joke btw).

But as we have no idea what the arrangements for spending oil will be as yet, I will try to remain happily optimistic! :Smile_Default:

I know no more than you do now, just that part of the press announcement given at Wargaming fest included the idea that during this year that they will implement a new currency that will allow users to get promotional items they missed or were unable to get the first time:

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/12/23/wargaming-fest-2017-world-of-warships-2018-plans/

It's near the bottom.

7_3

Wargaming is also working on adding new game resources and currencies. Players will be able to receive them in a variety of modes and spend them on rare or even exclusive upgrades, camouflages and even ships. These will enable Wargaming to reintroduce prizes that were created for events long in the past and which many new players are not able to get.

I suspect the MMC will be a hot-ticket, high priced item available.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
29 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I suspect the MMC will be a hot-ticket, high priced item available.

If they did that, then I would get that flag in a heartbeat. I'm a PvE main getting into T7 - T9 play, so I need all the credit help I can get.