Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1el

grosser Kurfurst gun is weak

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
135 posts

gk is overwhelmingly underpowered, here is why

1. poor gun range of 20 km, my T8! kutuzov has almost same range of 19 km! it is a tier 8 cruiser!

2. extremely bad dispersions for main gun and secondary guns. looks like there is no german accuracy in this game. the T8 kutuzov has vastly better dispersions.

3. 32 seconds reload is slow. why germans get the worst gun in this game? russian bias confirmed.

wg should buff the gun on par with the american or japanese guns. german ships should get best accuracy and mechanics, otherwise how would they one shot the hood during ww2?

also the spotter planes need to reload for 6 minute is outrageous. you carry 7 planes and the game only lasts for 15 minutes, so what’s the point carry this many spotter planes? need to cut the reload time to 1 minute.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 10

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I think you are playing it wrong..  GK Wrecks chit..  but this is what I get from your post.

You are worried about 20k range.  GK isn't a range fighter.  As Final stated, she is a brawler.

Dispersion sucks?  Yeah.. again not a range fighter.

Best seconds in the game.  Some well respected forum person once said,  Maybe LERT..  Not sure..  GK seconds are like having 2 angry Atlanta's strapped to your sides.    This might back that up...  (oh those seconds)

YxriDAMJ_o.jpg

If you want laser gun accuracy at range..  play IJN.

If you want a milqtoast combination of everything, but excel at nothing (besides AA), play US

If you want to up close and personal and punch people in the nose..  Play KM line.

If you like to wear skirts, drink tea, and generally don't like BB play but like to hide and set fires.  Play the HM line.  I refer to this line as the SNOWFLAKE BB's.  They offer nothing to the actual BB play.  Might as well be another fire breathing cruiser. 

You sound like a damage farming camper that just happen to pick the wrong ship to be in..  The ship isn't the problem.  You are. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,031 posts
4,363 battles
11 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I think you are playing it wrong..  GK Wrecks chit..  but this is what I get from your post.

You are worried about 20k range.  GK isn't a range fighter.  As Final stated, she is a brawler.

Dispersion sucks?  Yeah.. again not a range fighter.

Best seconds in the game.  Some well respected forum person once said,  Maybe LERT..  Not sure..  GK seconds are like having 2 angry Atlanta's strapped to your sides.    This might back that up...  (oh those seconds)

YxriDAMJ_o.jpg

If you want laser gun accuracy at range..  play IJN.

If you want a milqtoast combination of everything, but excel at nothing (besides AA), play US

If you want to up close and personal and punch people in the nose..  Play KM line.

If you like to wear skirts, drink tea, and generally don't like BB play but like to hide and set fires.  Play the HM line.  I refer to this line as the SNOWFLAKE BB's.  They offer nothing to the actual BB play.  Might as well be another fire breathing cruiser. 

You sound like a damage farming camper that just happen to pick the wrong ship to be in..  The ship isn't the problem.  You are. 

I like you.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts

try comparing it to something that is not the Kutuzov.

edit: oh wait, realised who it is. abandon thread.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, KingCakeBaby said:

I like you.

I grow on people..  like a fungus.  lol.  Don't get too attached.  I am sure I will find a way to torque you off at some point.  lol.  :)  It takes a very thick skin to hang with the Pig for any amount of time. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
32 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

One shot the Hood? This guy has to be a troll.

Bismarck vs. Hood? OP was talking about the accuracy of German guns in WW2 and in game.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,209 posts
6,433 battles
34 minutes ago, BunnyHerd said:

Bismarck vs. Hood? OP was talking about the accuracy of German guns in WW2 and in game.

Hood was hit more than once before blowing up. She wasn't really one-shot.

First hit was by Prinz Eugen (second salvo) which striked a storage room for the UP rockets and 10.2cm Shells, causing a fire.

Second hit was by Bismarck's third salvo, which hit the Forward fire control Tower and destroyed it.

Third hit was by Prinz Eugen at the base of the forward superstructure, with the sixth salvo.

The fourth hit, that was the one that most likely hit the Magazine and blew Hood up. That was Bismarck's fifth salvo.

So when speaking about accuracy, I think that the ships are already fairly accurate in-game when we take the WW2 accuracy. As you can see, it took Bismarck five salvos to score two hits, since they could fire broadsides we are speaking about around 40 Shells being fired for two hits, so something around 5% hit Ratio. That is rather low if we compare it to the 30% that you can expect in-game.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Hood was hit more than once before blowing up. She wasn't really one-shot.

First hit was by Prinz Eugen (second salvo) which striked a storage room for the UP rockets and 10.2cm Shells, causing a fire.

Second hit was by Bismarck's third salvo, which hit the Forward fire control Tower and destroyed it.

Third hit was by Prinz Eugen at the base of the forward superstructure, with the sixth salvo.

The fourth hit, that was the one that most likely hit the Magazine and blew Hood up. That was Bismarck's fifth salvo.

So when speaking about accuracy, I think that the ships are already fairly accurate in-game when we take the WW2 accuracy. As you can see, it took Bismarck five salvos to score two hits, since they could fire broadsides we are speaking about around 40 Shells being fired for two hits, so something around 5% hit Ratio. That is rather low if we compare it to the 30% that you can expect in-game.

Agreed,  The whole sinking of the Hood thing gets blown out of proportion a bit when you realize the total ineptitude of the German navy to deal with her.  The Hood was horribly outgunned in that encounter and yet still managed to hang around a bit. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,631 battles

Wonder why people still take OP for serious.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
2 hours ago, Kaa1el said:

1. poor gun range of 20 km, my T8! kutuzov has almost same range of 19 km! it is a tier 8 cruiser!

2. extremely bad dispersions for main gun and secondary guns. looks like there is no german accuracy in this game. the T8 kutuzov has vastly better dispersions.

3. 32 seconds reload is slow. why germans get the worst gun in this game? russian bias confirmed.

wg should buff the gun on par with the american or japanese guns. german ships should get best accuracy and mechanics, otherwise how would they one shot the hood during ww2?

also the spotter planes need to reload for 6 minute is outrageous. you carry 7 planes and the game only lasts for 15 minutes, so what’s the point carry this many spotter planes? need to cut the reload time to 1 minute.

Weak guns? Surely you jest. I had a GK drop my Iowa from ~85% health to <9k hp in one salvo. Granted part of that was due to him catching me in a compromising position but much of it was a well aimed shot.

What battleship in any tree has cruiser like dispersion? The bad dispersion offsets the massive alpha potential against targets caught within optimal range. The reload probably has to do with moving very large bullets. Don't have GK yet but know several that do and they don't seem to be hampered by the guns or reload at all.

One shot  the Hood? What color is the sky in your world? Historically, KM ships and guns were designed for relatively short range actions in the foul weather and often poor visibility of the North Sea and North Atlantic. If you have ground your way up the KM tree to GK you should know that fighting at max range in them is a losing proposition. If you catch someone at medium to close range you are going to mug them.

While many ships carried multiple a/c, and yes it would be nice to launch them separately, you ask for a 1 minute cool down? Hahahahahaha. No.

Edited by BBsquid

Beta Testers
135 posts

not to mention the current meta is op dd take control of everything, battleships class is the underdog of wows

• Bad 1

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

seems like OP moved from yamato to GK

wondering when "montana is so weak" "conqueror is so weak(<-this one gonna be good)" threads will appear

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

5a78760e7108b_shot-18_02.05_10_18.31-0101(2).jpg.10801696238556d00fcf62f5586a5591.jpg

Was looking for a place to discuss this... I recently switched from the 420's to the 406's. Twenty-five-point-five reload is smoking fast. The 406's get a TEN meter a second (32 feet a second, roughly) speed increase over the 420's as well. All I can tell you is the 406's seem to give far more cits than the 420's. They feel more accurate - heck the whole ship feels lighter and faster. It's strange actually. 

The 420's would often return bounced or perhaps over-pens. Can't tell you how many 1250 dmg rounds I got with them. The 406's seem to return 4xxx to 5xxx dmg in place of those once 1250 hits. I suspect the cits occur more often simply due to red ships figuring they have 30 seconds to manuever instead of 25.5 seconds. 

How many of you playing the GK run the 406's? 

The GK has once again become one of my three fave BBs... in no order, GK, Tirpitz and The Italian Job (GC) at tier V. Now that's an awesome, OP ship. 

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,083 battles
On 2/1/2018 at 1:10 AM, Kaa1el said:

And you used the KUTUZOV as an example, sorry but everythign you have to say is utterly invalid because you didn't use a proper comparison. next crybaby thread please. 

Members
1,760 posts
8,036 battles
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

5a78760e7108b_shot-18_02.05_10_18.31-0101(2).jpg.10801696238556d00fcf62f5586a5591.jpg

Was looking for a place to discuss this... I recently switched from the 420's to the 406's. Twenty-five-point-five reload is smoking fast. The 406's get a TEN meter a second (32 feet a second, roughly) speed increase over the 420's as well. All I can tell you is the 406's seem to give far more cits than the 420's. They feel more accurate - heck the whole ship feels lighter and faster. It's strange actually. 

The 420's would often return bounced or perhaps over-pens. Can't tell you how many 1250 dmg rounds I got with them. The 406's seem to return 4xxx to 5xxx dmg in place of those once 1250 hits. I suspect the cits occur more often simply due to red ships figuring they have 30 seconds to manuever instead of 25.5 seconds. 

How many of you playing the GK run the 406's? 

The GK has once again become one of my three fave BBs... in no order, GK, Tirpitz and The Italian Job (GC) at tier V. Now that's an awesome, OP ship. 

I tried both, 406s are superior.

My main complaint about the GK is the gun arcs are terrible for how big it is. Acres of unused space on the bow and stern just so they could jam the guns up against the superstructure so it would have bad arcs.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this