Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

ARP Background???

11 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,069 posts
8,720 battles

Started rewatching Arpeggio of the Blue Steel Ars Nova as well as the movie. One question remains that I have not figured out is the background behind the rise of the Fleet of the Fog? Are they from space? Are they a human experiment gone very wrong?

Or did the wrecks from WWII some how mutate and come back for revenge on humanity for abandoning the ships in their watery graves???

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,769 battles

This, and other questions, will be answered ... never, it's a cartoon.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,768 posts
13,551 battles
26 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I have lost count of the back stories, loose ends, and conclusions I'll never get because the show / game doesn't provided it or gets canceled before reaching a satisfying ending. At some point you either stop investing time in stories unless they reach a conclusion or you stop caring about the endings. Personally I've begun reading the Wiki write ups to know if something is worth my time.  

[RKLES]
Members
7,069 posts
8,720 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Actually it's an Anime which tends to be different than normal Cartoons.

Members
2,371 posts
2,153 battles

Like movies (with some exceptions), the missing details tend to be in the books. As far as I know they pull a Metal Gear, where in the past dudes (WWII and before) were pioneers in technology, and create AIs but couldn't do anything until recently (Around when the story begins). 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,769 battles
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually it's an Anime which tends to be different than normal Cartoons.

Yeah ... but ... most are authored in Japan, then made into anime, then translated into English, then re-written to edit out anything objectionable to snowflake US audiences, and somewhere, in all that, much gets tossed aside. I would give you a very good example of how translations are totally messed up but the auto censor won't allow it. If you want to hear it, PM me. It's hilarious.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

Literally unknown, even to them.

The Fleet of Fog are weapons, who fight on orders. Their orders come from the Admirality Code, and the standing order is:
Blockade and Control the Seas,
Halt all Maritime Commerce and transoceanic communication.

They state the objective is to wipe out humanity, but they also have standing orders to NEVER directly attack land-bound targets or settlements.  They also don't engage the immediate littorals (damage to immediate littorals and land locations is authorized when attacking ships), only the open ocean.

They don't know where they come, they don't know what they are, and they don't know where they're going.

And nor do we.

Sign in to follow this