Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dylan88jr

sometimes you cant carry hard enough

12 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,055 battles

Congrats for the six kills. Solid effort!

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, dylan88jr said:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.01.31 - 21.48.56.77.png

Tell me about it. Had a game or two like that just yesterday.  I swear that some of the teams these days are full of newbies who just don't understand how to really play this game.

I actually had a game yesterday where I was top tier in a tier 8 German DD.  I was the first to die, but not because I was crazy or anything.  It was on the Shards map, south spawn.  And all the BBs and most of the CA's on our team wouldn't go any further north than the freaking H line.  They didn't head for either the A or C cap.  They did absolutely nothing but hide behind that moderate sized island in the middle of the spawn area.  And all I was trying to do was the normal DD thing to do.  Head for a cap.  Heck, the enemy team's BBs were spotted heading for the NE cap so it's not like I was in any danger from them.  

Now, I'm sure that someone will say that I shouldn't have gone into or near the cap unsupported.  Fine.  What was I supposed to do?  Sit back with the rest of the useless friggin' campers doing absolutely NOTHING???   It was soooo damned frustrating, though I suppose it can be worse when one has a game like you had (and I had in my Gadjah Mada a little bit later on) when you play very well and lose.  Sigh.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

That is an outstanding game.  Enemy team completed, which means they won on caps.   I can't say anything about the stats but HELL YEAH....   But if you run hard stats and lose on  points..  ummmm..   Just a thought. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Well you had one assist cap...  so you got in for a bit,.  Still.  That is a game for the ages for sure. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
6 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

So true...

shot-18.01.08_21.05.59-0133.jpg

shot-18.01.08_21.06.04-0057.jpg

Only a little damage, paltry at best, to one DD in that game.  How did the rest of your team feel when the Cruiser, which is supposed to be a DD hunter, (I assume you had the requisite 4 or more DD in that game) just shot for damage?  How many of your team fell to torps from those DD you didn't shoot?

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Whether you win or lose isn't up to you most of the time. Just focus on yourself. Nice try though.

[ANZ4C]
Members
161 posts
7,147 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Only a little damage, paltry at best, to one DD in that game.  How did the rest of your team feel when the Cruiser, which is supposed to be a DD hunter, (I assume you had the requisite 4 or more DD in that game) just shot for damage?  How many of your team fell to torps from those DD you didn't shoot?

1 DD on the other team...

shot-18.01.08_21.05.57-0289.jpg

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,435 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

That is an outstanding game.  Enemy team completed, which means they won on caps.   I can't say anything about the stats but HELL YEAH....   But if you run hard stats and lose on  points..  ummmm..   Just a thought. 

i was hoping that my team could cap while i tied up a dd and 4 bbs with my div mate but nope it didnt help

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles
11 hours ago, dylan88jr said:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.01.31 - 21.48.56.77.png

It's pretty raging to lose a game where you literally killed half the enemy, but then also have to sit back relax a bit and realizes the game probably was lost due to some factor way before the 6 kills.

Had a similar "heart breaker" game in Minotaur a little while back:

https://replayswows.com/replay/8824#stats

Spoiler

8824_533_1510430468.jpg

Also holy crap? the replay site now auto generates a game video from the replay uploaded? WOW! amazing, technology am I right guys?

Edited by NeutralState

Sign in to follow this