You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LukeV

High tier Division bots?

9 comments in this topic

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles

Played a game with a 3 man division who had, no joke, between 27% and 33% win rated between them. At Tier 10.

I know, because I looked them up because they were playing so weird.

Name shaming not allowed.....but is it possible that three guys (in a clan no less) were using programs?

Because after 5 long losses, and then this thrown at you, I am frustrated as hell.

Members
9,862 posts
2 minutes ago, LukeV said:

Played a game with a 3 man division who had, no joke, between 27% and 33% win rated between them. At Tier 10.

I know, because I looked them up because they were playing so weird.

Name shaming not allowed.....but is it possible that three guys (in a clan no less) were using programs?

Because after 5 long losses, and then this thrown at you, I am frustrated as hell.

in this game....probably...:Smile_amazed:

Was there a 3 man division on the other team too? :Smile_teethhappy:

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

I can believe it since figured something fishy has been going on in some of my X battles, but could not put my finger on it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,808 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Was there a 3 man division on the other team too? :Smile_teethhappy:

Now THAT is a very interesting question, with, apparently, no answer.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

Rather than bots, maybe just 3 drunken fools literally fooling around. The average player age for this game is early 30s, so most people probably are playing this game intoxicated in some ways.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles
17 hours ago, Umikami said:

Now THAT is a very interesting question, with, apparently, no answer.

There was multiple divisions on both sides.

I'm not sure why it's interesting.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,808 battles
2 hours ago, LukeV said:

There was multiple divisions on both sides.

I'm not sure why it's interesting.

It's interesting because there is a history of groups of players cheating by divisioning and then just not trying at all, giving the other side a waffle-stomp win. Bots are the next logical step, being used to fill 3 spaces on the red team, effectively dropping their number of combatants from 12 to 9, a tactical advantage that would be difficult to overcome under regular circumstances, and even more so with the other team having one or multiple divisions.

(and yes, if I hadn't seen players banned for similar things watching YouTube vids I would call myself crazy and a candidate for a tin-foil helmet.)

Recently read a Forum post about carrier drivers doing something similar, but they belonged to the same clan (no names). Clan mates would simultaneously drop, and if they ended up on different teams one would purposely dumptruck the whole match, giving his clan mate, and the red team, a huge advantage.

Another recent post concerned someone whose account had multiple tier 10's with win rates like the ones you describe, and having multiple tier 8 premiums with great win rates, the tier 10 bots being used to acquire consumables and such the tier 8's used. Someone figured out the math and it came out to get the rewards this account had you would have to play 24 hours a day for months, as the account was very new and had only recently been opened.

Bad players can earn tier 10 ships, but with a 33% win rate it would take quite a bit of time. Still, if you're only playing bots and they play all day long ...

But, yeah; I'm sure I'm just paranoid and this never happens in the real world.

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles
9 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Rather than bots, maybe just 3 drunken fools literally fooling around. The average player age for this game is early 30s, so most people probably are playing this game intoxicated in some ways.

I know I am. ....but I do not partake anymore... ....I'm just inherently wacky.

...also is that really the median age?. ....I feel better...