Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Regardless of how far it is from actually being introduced...

8 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

...has the British DD line actually been settled? Because I have Archibald's "The Fighting Ship in the Royal Navy" in front of me, and I am trying to make educated guesses as to what goes where, to compare my fancy against reality. Knowing the reality is set in stone, even if the names and stats are locked behind an NDA, would almost make me feel better about my guesses.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

there is 0 tease for that,even if it's next,it'll come after french BB and USN cruiser split

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

Yeah, other than the Gallant, Anthony, and Cossack (and arguably the Gadjah Madah, Vampire, and Phra Ruang) we've not seen anything about RN destroyers so far.  You can draw some assumptions from them, but that's about it and I certainly wouldn't go too far with that info.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,726 battles

I'm interested in your thoughts, OP! 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

I had forgotten about the Anthony. What tier was she nominally assigned to?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I had forgotten about the Anthony. What tier was she nominally assigned to?

T5, she was Gallant basically.

As to the OP, all we can do is speculate.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

Okay, the Wiki puts the Campbeltown at 3 (premium), the Gallant at VI (premium), and the Cossack at VII (describing her as non premium).

We know the Gadjah, JKN class, is Tier VII, and the Daring (with its automatic guns and as-designed torpedo fit) will almost certainly make Tier X. 

My guess is for the Battle-class (4x 4.5" DP, 12-14x 40mm AA, 2 x4 TT) to go in at IX.

L and M class (6 x 4.5" DP, 2 x 4TT) at VIII

Stock JKN at VII (note that Archibald describes them as having 2 x 5 TT, more than Gadjah).

Tribal, as eventually crystallized, at VI.

Anthony (A/B/C/D class, earlier build sequence than Gallant, but generally identical) at Tier V.

Stock V/W might have to be Tier IV, since they are more heavily armed torp-wise than the Premium Vampire, but if they go in at Tier III to match her then something like Amazon/Ambuscade ( 4x4.7" in ABXY, 2 x 3 TT) at Tier IV.

S class destroyer ( 3x4", 2 x 2TT) at Tier II.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
1,246 posts
20,668 battles
22 minutes ago, K538 said:

Gallant, Anthony, and Cossack (and arguably the Gadjah Madah, Vampire, and Phra Ruang)

Seems from these (and the Campbeltown and Anthony) that they have a really good start on the line.  Moreso than other speculative lines, i.e. Russian BB's, Italian CL, French DD, etc.

Sign in to follow this