Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

Shimakaze and IJN DDs

4 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

Recently I got the Shimakaze and I have learned to stay away from other DDs, basically going out and searching to destroy. Then I will come back and cap when able. The ship is terrible to contest a cap. I also have the Kamakaze, which I love. This style, on your own, spotting and launching is the only way to play them IMO. Other players will scream on chat for you to get in the cap at beginning of match when that is the quickest way to get destroyed. Getting behind enemy lines causing 2-3 ship away from the caps and chasing you is more helpful to the team IMO. I was a BB player who has learned to love the DD, all the different game styles depending on which nation you play.

[RKLES]
Members
7,094 posts
8,745 battles

My trick with IJN Torpedo line is torping smoke and then if that fails to entirely kill them then I use my guns for a moment to finish the job.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

i personally have no problem with you leaving cap if it was contested.... 

but if it is a 1 dd game and you leave cap without trying the odds that the sole enemy DD decides to go for another cap.....ill be pretty mad

also, when you are flanking and torping, try to make sure you are still spotting for your team

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
11 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

but if it is a 1 dd game and you leave cap without trying the odds that the sole enemy DD decides to go for another cap.....ill be pretty mad

If it is a one DD game, and it's above tier 7, that means a ton of radar cruisers looking for ... ME! Get as mad as you want.

Sign in to follow this